Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Good O'l Bobby! *Spoiler..Ish i spose*

Guest Trimmy

Guest Trimmy

Just watcing smackDown and ive seen Bobby Lashly cut a promo on how he wants to win the royal rumble.

I have never laughed as much at a wrestler than i have him then.

He comes across as BIG monster, beat everyone in his way bla bla bla but when he opens his mouth.......:lol He sounds like a ikkle girly. He sounds soft like he wouldnt hurt a fly its great i want him to win the rumble now HEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So urm yeah your thoughts on Lashley after his few months of constant pushing!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the kev
Just watcing smackDown and ive seen Bobby Lashly cut a promo on how he wants to win the royal rumble.

I have never laughed as much at a wrestler than i have him then.

He comes across as BIG monster, beat everyone in his way bla bla bla but when he opens his mouth.......:lol He sounds like a ikkle girly. He sounds soft like he wouldnt hurt a fly its great i want him to win the rumble now HEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So urm yeah your thoughts on Lashley after his few months of constant pushing!

i aint too impressed with Lashley...all hype

Guest WCW4LIFE
i dont think he sucks at wrestling since he is a real wrestling champ mate its just he is involved in squashes to push him but he needs a voice i think that heyman again for the job then if brock returns we have a made fued plus soon put the us belt round him dont give him the world title for a few years

Guest MartynJ
If Lashley had come into the wwe with a evil unstopable monster type gimmick and didnt speak, he might have got over more, still early days though, needs heel gimmick and acting skills

Guest Citizen Kane
so what Championship does he hold?

3-time National Champion (Missouri Valley College) (1996, 1997, and 1998)

NAIA National Wrestling Champion (1997-1998)

Guest MojoPogo
i dont think he sucks at wrestling since he is a real wrestling champ mate its just he is involved in squashes to push him but he needs a voice i think that heyman again for the job then if brock returns we have a made fued plus soon put the us belt round him dont give him the world title for a few years

Agreed, he CAN wrestle his ass off, but he's being pushed as a squash machine, his amateur background is top class. Like Brock, like Angle. Sure, maybe his mic skills are less than stellar, but hell, he's only been in the limelight for less than 6 months, give him TIME.....remember, if WWE had fired a certain Steve Austin for being lame as hell as the Ringmaster what might have happened. He needs time to find his character.:xyx

Guest Danny Styles
WWE needs to give Lahsley a heel turn and PAUL HEYMAN for a manager.. IMO Heyman was the reason Lesnar got over as a heel in the first place so the same could be done for lashley.. he can't talk but he may improve, and he's ok in the ring.. all he needs is a heel turn and Heyman

and wrestling

Where the hell is the proof for that, he hasn't really had a chance to impress in a match that isn't a squash yet.

Guest poland74
I'm not too impressed with him overall, probably because he hasn't said anything and the commentators over do his hype/push. I agree a heel turn would probably get him over more and I thought the other day the only person on smackdown worthy or available to seriously feud with Lashley is Undertaker. Taker has nobody to feud with either currently so it would make sense.

I don't think turning him heel is the answer. Far too often a guy is brought up from OVW as some kind of heel, simply because WWE expect that it takes more effort for fans to cheer a guy than to boo him. Lashley is an acceptable face I think, while not being ultra popular he's still got the fans behind him which is nothing to be scoffed at considering he's hardly been involved in a program with anyone credible since his debut.

I've said it before, but I think Ron Simmons would do a great job as his manager. He's already traveling with WWE as a road agent, he could do the talking for Lashley using a backstory around Simmons allowing Lashley to use the Dominator, then you have a ready made feud with JBL, stemming back from the APA days.

With JBL able to play the cowardly heel, it could be a pretty long feud, with Bradshaw avoiding Lashley in the ring and putting wrestler after wrestler in his way. After a month or two of build up between the pair where Lashley is steamrolling through everyone in his path to get to JBL, put the two in a high profile match and by that time the fans will be in love with Lashley.

That fixes the issue with his crappy mic skills, puts him in a believable program where Lashley is looking strong and builds up to a match between the two that will work wonders in getting him over. Problem solved. If I can think of that solution in 2 minutes, why can't a team of profesional WWE writers, who are being paid to do this, come up with something more effective in getting Lashley over than meaningless squashes against Nunzio?

I don't think turning him heel is the answer. Far too often a guy is brought up from OVW as some kind of heel, simply because WWE expect that it takes more effort for fans to cheer a guy than to boo him. Lashley is an acceptable face I think, while not being ultra popular he's still got the fans behind him which is nothing to be scoffed at considering he's hardly been involved in a program with anyone credible since his debut.

I've said it before, but I think Ron Simmons would do a great job as his manager. He's already traveling with WWE as a road agent, he could do the talking for Lashley using a backstory around Simmons allowing Lashley to use the Dominator, then you have a ready made feud with JBL, stemming back from the APA days.

With JBL able to play the cowardly heel, it could be a pretty long feud, with Bradshaw avoiding Lashley in the ring and putting wrestler after wrestler in his way. After a month or two of build up between the pair where Lashley is steamrolling through everyone in his path to get to JBL, put the two in a high profile match and by that time the fans will be in love with Lashley.

That fixes the issue with his crappy mic skills, puts him in a believable program where Lashley is looking strong and builds up to a match between the two that will work wonders in getting him over. Problem solved. If I can think of that solution in 2 minutes, why can't a team of profesional WWE writers, who are being paid to do this, come up with something more effective in getting Lashley over than meaningless squashes against Nunzio?

Completely agree, what a good idea, could even include Orlando Jordan in this, seeing Ron Simmons with his Nation of Domination days and bringing back how JBL has discriminated him in the past and make it a huge feud.

Guest cenarules
I am very impressed with Bobby Lashley. I look forward to seeing him every week because he reminds me so much of Goldberg in his WCW days. He can wrestle and that's really all he needs right now. They are building him up the right way, but he does need to beat some bigger names sooner or later.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity