Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

*** Official WWE New Years Revolution 2006 Thread ***

Kam

PPV Quiz and Chat

WWE New Year's Revolution PPV Quiz And Chat- Sunday 8th January

http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/4217/nyr4ar.jpg

Join us on Sunday 8th January from 8pm UK time for the New Year's Revolution PPV Quiz and Chat in the TWO Chatroom.

For the first time ever, the PPV quiz and chat will be held in collaboration with Wrestling Radio. From 7-9pm (UK Time) this Sunday, Wrestling Radio will be broadcasting (thanks to our friends at Ghetto Radio), taking questions from the chatroom and letting you get involved in the show. Interested? Head over to http://www.ghettoradio.us this Sunday to take part in Wrestling Radio!

PPV Quiz

The Quiz will take place from 8-9pm in the Quiz Room. The quiz league is over, who knows what the link below contains?

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/wrestling-quiz.php (this might include a leaderboard)

Quiz participants will be tested on their knowledge of all kinds of wrestling topics, but special attention should be paid to the history of previous WWE January PPVs. Russ will be asking the questions this Sunday, so prepare for the worst.

Anyone can take part in the quiz, you do not need to register, just turn up in the Quiz Room at 8pm (UK Time).

PPV Chat

The PPV Chat will take place after the quiz, from 9pm to 1am (UK Time). Talk to fellow TWO users about the PPV, and give your thoughts on each match! Who will survive the Elimination Chamber? Can HHH defeat The Big Show? Discuss it in the TWO Chatrooms!

So don't miss out on a night of fun, join us for the Talk Wrestling Online New Year's Revolution Quiz and Chat! Don't forget, WWE New Year's Revolution takes place on Sunday 8th January, and the evening's activities begin at 8pm, starting with the Quiz. We'll see you there, in the chatroom!

PPV Prediction League

Post your predictions below – anyone can enter!

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27411

Matches

• Elimination Chamber
    WWE Championship:
    John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane
  • Big Show vs. Triple H
  • Intercontinental Championship:
    Ric Flair vs. Edge
  • Gregory Helms vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler
  • Bra & Panties Gauntlet:
    Ashley vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle
  • Women's Championship:
    Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

How to order the PPV

UK:

Live on Sky Sports 1 from 1am

USA:

See WWE.com - New Years Revolution

Articles @ Wrestling 101

- T3C: WWE New Years Revolution 2006 Preview

- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly #5

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Danny Styles

Kam it's on sky sports one!!!!

i'm looking for another match spoiled by Cena.. the now boring Cena overcoming the odds scenario....

HHH vs Show should be ok....

there isn't actually a single good WRESTLING match on the card.. oh well.. it is the trend with Raw shows

Guest Slim Jim
there isn't actually a single good WRESTLING match on the card.. oh well.. it is the trend with Raw shows

I'd say Flair/Edge will be a good match, and possibly Trish vs Mickie.

Guest Danny Styles
I'd say Flair/Edge will be a good match' date=' and possibly Trish vs Mickie.[/quote']

Trish vs Mickie may be ok.. .but it won't go long probably, it will be a Trish heel turn...

Flair/ Edge may not be great because Flair isn't as good as he was.. and Edge is still injured

The Elimination Chamber will be good. It's gimmicked enough to hide weaknesses, and I am in hope that Shawn will have his working boots on, because he's gonna be the workhorse of the match.

Outside of that, Big Show/HHH should be excellent, and Edge v Flair hopefully will be good. Mickie v Trish will be decent since Trish is the Ric Flair of that womens division and has carried other worthless women to watchable matches before. The rest will range from passable to terrible.

The Elimination Chamber will be good. It's gimmicked enough to hide weaknesses, and I am in hope that Shawn will have his working boots on, because he's gonna be the workhorse of the match.

Outside of that, Big Show/HHH should be excellent, and Edge v Flair hopefully will be good. Mickie v Trish will be decent since Trish is the Ric Flair of that womens division and has carried other worthless women to watchable matches before. The rest will range from passable to terrible.

IMO it's the other way around, Edge vs Flair should be excellent and Show vs HHH hopefully will be good.

Dra looking forward to a Triple H match!? :D

I agree, it should be excellent. They've had a fantastic build up with some great promo's from The Game (yes, i like them - i'll take 20 mins of Hunter on the mic than anything to do with the Divas)

Elimination Chamber hasn't been hyped much. They almost saved themselves with the countless video packages this past week on RAW, but there's no real internal feuds going on other than the usual Angle and Cena deal. I think the whole HBK and Vince angle has come in a bit early before their inevitable meeting at Wrestlemania. I'm almost certain Cena will retain, but this will certainly anger a lot of people. Personally, i'd put the strap on Kurt and turn Cena heel the following night on RAW

I'm really looking forward to the Edge and Flair match. Again, another feud with a good build. The outcome should be interesting to see. I just putting Edge in a title match while he still has his Money In The Bank shot is slightly strange

Mickie James has been an excellent addition to the womens roster. She'll only get better am i'm sure we'll see the best women's match in a long time, at least since the Lita vs Trish match on RAW

Lawler and Helms holds no credibility and is only there to fill the card. No interest what so ever

No Snitsky on the card. Dissapointing

Guest Kanenite

I'm thinking this years NYR will be better than last years. The Bra and Panties Gauntlet should be pretty crap with some really crap Wrestling and everyone just stripping off at the end anyway, that's my prediction.

Flair vs Edge - Has been worked towards quite well in the past few weeks, sure Edge's immitations aren't excellent but the Flair angle this week was quite funny. I think we could see a new Intercontinental Champion but i'm still in deep thought about that one. Anyway I hope to see a good match and think they will deliver as long as their not given a 5 minute squash.

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus - I'm really impressed with Mickie James recently, she has proved to be one of the top diva's in the WWE and she isn't just another good looking one who can't Wrestle. So I think this match should provide some good Wrestling and Entertainment.

Triple H vs Big Show - This should be an Interesting match with Triple H out of the Title picture again. It's really nice to see him away from his World revolving Championship reigns. The weeks that have built up this match have shown that this match can produce some good quality Wrestling. Great to see how Big Show is still being shown as a 7 foot Giant.

Elimination Chamber - As said before, this match hasn't really been hyped as much as it should, but it won't make it any less entertaining at that matter. The 3 previous Chambers have shown how this one needs to continue in its footsteps. Quite a different mix of Superstars this year, Shawn Michaels has been in all, Kane has been in one, and Kurt Angle, John Cena, Carlito and Chris Masters are going into their first one. I hope that we see some risks in this match and it isn't just a normal match with 6 people facing each other. Hopefully the Chamber will be used correctly and not just to keep 4 people in the Chambers. But it should be a decent match and should be the highlight of the night.

I am very much looking forward to tonights PPV and its the most excited Ive been for a WWE PPV since Summerslam 2005. The Elimination chamber will be very enjoyable and even though the calibre of the workers isnt the usual chamber-standard we know with HBK and Angle in there, and with it being the main event, it will be entertaining.

HHH we know will give us an ejnoyable match even if it has to be with the Show and I suspect Flair and Edge will be good also.

Trish and Mickie is something Ive been wanting to see for a while.

The rest of the card is pointless filler

Guest Danny Styles

For the elimination chamber WWE have put HBK in from the start becasue he is the joint best worker in there.. i'd imagine Angle would be in there to becasue those two are going to have to carry everyone else... for me WWE are sitting on a potential five star storyline...

have HBK win the belt tonight in the chamber.. then have Cena turn on him straight after the match and then McMahon comes down and raises his hand.. then those two can feud... which would be good....

but problem is with the chamber.. i don't see any OH MY GOD!! moments.. no-one will take a helacious bumb.. HBK can't becasue it will probably break his back.. same with Kurt.. Carlito, Kane and Masters don't work that style.. and Cena would botch it :D.. so look for a tame chamber match compared to the others....

i just hope the HBK storyline with Cena happens

What about Cena winning the Chamber match, all bloody and bruised when who comes to the ring? A referee and EDGE! Edge cashes in his MITB like a genius and beats the already tired Cena shockingly becoming the World Heavyweight Champion.

Guest Slim Jim
Don't be silly. You're probably right up until the Edge winning bit. Cena will overcome the odds and win the chamer, and then, will win again.

Guest DanielFullard

The Edge idea is ridiculous Save and will never happen.

On the off chance that WWE have listened to fan reaction and are prepared to shock us, I would put my mortgage on Cena winning tonight. We all know Cena v HHH is coming soon and likely to headline Mania and by them both going over tonight it will set it up nicely to start a slow feud from now until Mania

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity