Yes or No *NYR Spoilers*

Guest Mr Kennedy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Danny Styles

For me yes... SOMEONE had to win the title of Cena..

if he only has the title for a month the whole thing will be pointless.. if he keeps it past WM is will be worth something

Guest The Beltster
He is the lesser of two evils if its between him and Cena, but no, I think they had way more credible opportunities for new champs than Edge. I guess the timing was perfect and it made sense, though, in that Edhe cashed in after Cena was dead on his feet.

I believe it was a good idea, sooner rather then later or not at all, but seeing that if I remember correctly Edge is actually injured which is why he was doing the cutting edge, or is he ok now, because if he isn't then we have two champions who are currently injured which seems like a silly idea really.

Guest Marc McCann

yes it had to be done. you can't have a face champion been booed in every arena. if it wasn't for teenage girls then cena would be almost completely booed every show he does.

cena can't wrestle, even working a long programme with angle hasn't made him too much better and hell angle could make a corpse look good in the ring!

EDIT: No txt spk please.

Edited by MrFill

Good idea for the time being.edge has the charisma and heel characteristics to carry the strap,but isn't he still recovering from the torn pectoral muscle?

Heck the Gobbedly gooker could've came down and pinned Cena and i would've marked out!!

Guest MartynJ
Id prefare Edge over Cena even though i dont like either, but as Draven Stated earlier he's only goining to be a caretaker champ, and as i said earlier in The OFFICIAL NYR thread, i knew edge was going to win the belt by doing what he did and Cena needs to turn Heel Now, my own face was going Red for Cena when ive been hearing these Boo's, he need to do a Rocky Maivia and turn super Heel, and maby he will get over more

As long as cena never holds the wwe title again i'll be happy.I agree 100% with you martynj a heel turn like the rock had at survivor series 98 would be ideal for cena at this point in time,i think they should have him as vinces corporate heel and then he can work a program with HBK til Mania.

Cena is winning it back at the Rumble no doubt in my mind, so as a short term solution and with the MITB situation hanging over them, this was perfect booking. That said, I still don't think Edge is a worthy World Champion especially with Lita as his manager.

I got something at New Year's Revolution that i havn't had from WWE since Austin's heel turn at Wrestlemania 17, and that's a huge, unpredictable swerve

Anything like this that comes out of the blue will keep the audience gripped. My main criticism of WWE lately as been their booking and creative predictability. It was obvious that Edge would use his MITB shot at some point, but there was nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, that hinted to me that it could have been this PPV. They worked so hard on the angle with Flair with some great skits, with no mention to the MITB title shot at all

Around this time last year i was all over these forums saying how terrible and unrealistic i thought Edge's attempts were at being ruthless. However, as of late he's been impressive. Granted, however, this may be down to some pure heat over the Hardy situation but i've always believed Edge has been solid enough in the ring. In the last year he's has the awesome cage match against Matt Hardy at Unforgiven and a personal favourite of mine against Kane at Vengeance (i think)

Simply, i think Cena weaknesses were exposed by some poor booking - most notably putting him in matches on RAW virtually every week against mark favourites like Angle, HBK and Shelton. Edge on the other hand, has much more in-ring talent and ultimately brings freshness to the main event

I'm in agreement with Dra that he shouldn't have the title for a long length of time. We've had nigh on year title reigns over the last couple of years with the likes of JBL, Batista and Cena. So we're due a few changes - mind you, i'm not one for someone keeping the title for less than a couple of months, otherwise it becomes a joke - see Orton and Kane

What i'd like to see happen is a face Angle take it off Edge at Wrestlemania

wwe writers did some gd stuff at last lol

as of edge winning the title, i think it was the right thing to do

i expected cena to win the chamber, but i NEVER saw the mitb thing to happen

carlito and masters shone in the chamber-unexpected

angle to be first eliminated-unexpected

shelton to get a match-unexpected

a ppv full of unexpected things

Guest Edgehead

Was it a good idea to put the strap on Edge........Hell Yeah!!!!!

The MITB thing has been building since WM21 so IMO he had to win it or it would have just seemed like an anti climax to something they had been building up to all year.

Also Cena is getting booed out of the arena lately and needed to drop the belt and realistically will have to turn heel in the near future

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity