Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE's Strategy To Screw TNA.

Guest Drake

From The Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Johnny Ace has been given word from the top to sign anybody TNA is interested in, even if it is guys the E just recently cut. Some office workers have been told the idea is to sign them with lengthy no-compete clauses, then bury them so that by the time they can go to TNA, they are damaged goods. Dave says management see this as a possible pivotal year for TNA, and doesn't particularly want them to become legit competition.

TNA really need to be careful with what they do. Give Joe that pay rise.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Thirteen

That doesn't make sense, :?

if that is their plan and WE know about it,

what wrestler in their right mind would sign with WWF/E if the intention is for them to be completely buried and 'damaged goods?'

And it doesn't make sense for WWF to allow that information to be leaked because it completely gives the game away.

I'm going to have to say that this definitely smells like bullshit in my opinion.;)

It's a smart business move on WWE's part. They have the advantage of being a bigger company with larger cash reserves, they might as well use it. Is it entirely ethical? Of course not. But it's a business where money is to be made, not a church picnic.

Guest Christof

What TNA should do is spoof interest in some really awful talent then just to drain WWE resources

TNA should fill the internet with rumours of signing:

Chuck Palumbo

Rikishi

Grand Master Sexay

Scott Hall

Juvi

Christy Hemme

Goldberg

Mark Henry

Guest Thirteen
It's a smart business move on WWE's part. They have the advantage of being a bigger company with larger cash reserves' date=' they might as well use it. Is it entirely ethical? Of course not. But it's a business where money is to be made, not a church picnic.[/quote']

Are you not getting it mate?

It says that the plan is to approach all potential TNA interested athletes sign them then BURY them.

If your an Athlete in those circles, you would have probably heard about this before it ever went to press.

So what I'm saying is why would you then sign with WWF knowing all they are doing is signing you tou bury your character so you are essentially unusable in the future?(unless you get the miraculous chance to play an amazing new character in another fed in the future that becomes over/recognisable practicly over night). Which is not exactly likely now is it?. :roll

And if you were the WWF why would you allow leakage of your strategy before you have even had time to fullly implement it and see any kind of results?:?

I have to agree with Russ, it is a smart move by the WWE, but hopefully TNA will be one step ahead of them by making sure most of thier talents who arr on TV have contracts.

It does show that WWE are now taking notice of TNA, it could be the breakout year of TNA, but it could also be the year the WWE break TNA. TNA need to be very, very careful .

That doesn't make sense, :?

if that is their plan and WE know about it,

what wrestler in their right mind would sign with WWF/E if the intention is for them to be completely buried and 'damaged goods?'

And it doesn't make sense for WWF to allow that information to be leaked because it completely gives the game away.

I'm going to have to say that this definitely smells like bullshit in my opinion.;)

I second that. If this was WWE's plan, they'd keep it on the downest of lows.

Edited by Twig

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I have suspected this was happening for a while actually, signing Punk and Jamie Noble back (sorry forgot his out of WWE name!) just to spite TNA as they never have any plans of using them lets face it.

Joe won't go to WWE, i think he would be some what cautious that they would do to him what they are doing to one of the greatest workers around,CM Punk.

Yeah nice post Mr.P. WWE is doing this because of the prank callers that call Byte This.:roll

good god man cant anyone here take a joke, its obvious that those callers didnt spark this, people should stop getting worked up about WWE screwing TNA its probably just B/S anyway.

Although for a lot of stars they may know they won't get the push in the WWE, the financial lure of the WWE may just be too much. Some some of the TNA roster, going to TNA surely will be a life long oppertunity, I think it will be so hard for some guys to turn it down.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity