Fan Clubs (beta)

To DS fans, a question (or two or three)...

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MojoPogo
Any DS owners on here? Im gonna buy one on the 26th, and i want to know, whats the best game on the system, and are there any good RPGs for it? I know its also compatible with Advance games so maybe one of the Advance games? Mario 64? Enquiring minds need to know, so any tips? (im looking at you Wyndorf!):xyx

I've got one and it's a brilliant piece of kit. To be honest, I haven't played it in aaaaages as one of the main reasons for getting one was the long journey to and from work on the bus everyday. I no longer have that journey so I hardly play any more. Mario 64, especially if you never palyed or completed the original, is a must. Really, if you got the DS with Mario 64 you wouldn't need another game for a long, long time. :)

Mario Kart DS is a must. It's just awesome! Like A.C. said, Mario 64DS, even if you've played the N64 version. My lady loves Nintendogs, I've yet to have a go because I'd kill her dog or something along those lines..... If you can pick up Zoo Keeper, then do, you'll probably see it for under a tenner. Wario Ware is THE game to get!

RPG's? Hmmm...I'm not too big on RPG's, but Lunar Genesis...oh and they're about to release a pretty version of Final Fantasy IV on the GBA. I believe there are alot of RPG's coming, but there are tons on the GBA to choose from.

Advance Wars DS is another essential, as is Castlevania DS. If you can pick up Project Rub cheap, then do so. Same goes for Yoshi Touch and Go...

On the way at the begining of February is Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, now from what I've read everywhere, there has not been a bad word said about it, in fact it's got games journo's wetting themselves!

And in March (or you can import it from the States RIGHT NOW!) Animal F'n Crossing is out! Speaking of importing.........if you get yourself a credit card (yes, I am advising debt....) you can import all kinds of wacky nut job games from Japan and they'll work just fine on your UK bought DS.

See if you can pick up a copy of 'NGC' magazine (Feb 2006-out 19th Jan) they have lots of DS related goodies.

As we hit spring the DS games are coming fast! Wooo...!

EDIT: I've heard lots of good things about Sonic Rush "Best Sonic since the Megadrive games..." Have yet to pick it up, mind.

Edited by wyndorf

Guest Anime Otaku
I've played Mario Kart DS and the new Animal Crossing on a friend's DS and they are both really good, I'm very tempted to get a DS now. Does anyone know if people using games from different countries can play against each other in games like Mario Kart?

I've played Mario Kart DS and the new Animal Crossing on a friend's DS and they are both really good' date=' I'm very tempted to get a DS now. Does anyone know if people using games from different countries can play against each other in games like Mario Kart?[/quote']

Hmmmm.....I think some of them do and some of them don't. Alot of games are single cart multiplayer anyway. I'm sure first party games would allow that. I mean, you can play with someone online in Japan, so surely you'll be able to play against someone in the UK......sitting next to you.

It's a touchy subject, I believe, one that no one really knows the answer to.

Guest Christof
...Get a PSP. :P

Wow that's useful. No justifable reason as to why you should get a PSP just another spammy WWE post, and there was me thinking you'd got past the need to spam.

No. I actually did say something. I said PSP's are better but in a different way... :( besides, loads of people have a few spam posts here and there, and one by me... I hope this isn't the beginning of the new year where it all goes horribly wrong.

Guest ahsatan
Anyway........... Just for the record, my addiction to my Nintendog, Robert, is currently in hibernation. When I do get back to it, he'll be covered in fleas and famished, but he'll survive. :D I crushed wyndorf's best at Wario Ware, and that is a fun little game. Zoo Keeper is also highly addictive. Good for you for planning to purchase a DS, many hours of fun shall be had! :)

Guest MojoPogo
I like my portables to be for the games mainly. Im not big on movies on the move or getting a machine, cos its the "in thing", hence im putting off my xbox 360, cos im not willing to sacrifice my perfectly serviceable tv for it...