Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Jim 'Warrior' Hellwig to sue WWE

Guest carlito is cool

Guest carlito is cool
Dave Scherer of PWInsider.com is reporting that Jim Hellwig (aka The Ultimate Warrior) and now "legally" known as Warrior Warrior, filed a lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment in The Superior Court of Arizona on January 9.

Warrior is filing over the representation of his wrestling career with the then WWF in the new "The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior" DVD release that shows Vince McMahon and many current and former WWE stars running down Warrior. We hope to have more information about this soon.

Source: PWInsider

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warrior Warrior? HA! He may actually have a case here, didn't the DVD say that Warrior was fired due to the 'strict' drug policies despite the fact Warrior never failed a drug test?

Guest FreeSpirit
I thought the treatment he got in the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrrior was a tad harsh, and somewhat uneccesary. I dont know the law, but slander and deformation of character are two things which come to mind.

Good on him! WWE shouldn't be allowed to destroy a guys legacy just because he didn't wan't to play ball. I hope the Wohya wins this case so Vince won't be able to do it again. Vince is like a spoiled child sometimes when he can't get his way.

Guest Bluestiger99
Warrior acutually has pretty stable legal grounds here. Slander and defimation of character are of the grounds he can legally act upon. I think Warrior is going to come out on top of this one. I hope he does too for that matter.

I totally support Warrior in this battle, as stated before, him changing his name to Warrior is a bit weird, but besides that he is a huge star and deserves to be a Hall of Famer, he's a legend up there with Hulk Hogan, no doubt. I think Warrior should win this, not only for himself, but for guys like "Brother Ray" & "Brother Devon" who can't even use there patented name(s). As once said (except it said God in place of WWE and was people instead of wrestlers), "The WWE is a kid with a magnifying glass and the wrestlers are the ants". I find that to apply here, despite it being a slightly edited quote.

Guest Keith Would
Warrior acutually has pretty stable legal grounds here. Slander and defimation of character are of the grounds he can legally act upon. I think Warrior is going to come out on top of this one. I hope he does too for that matter.

I'm not a lawyer and haven't seen the DVD, but presumably to be successful at slander/defamation actual untruths need to be said, not merely opinions, however biased.

As for misrepresentation, sounds a bit dubious to me, Have I Got News For You rip the piss out of people and present a one sided view of them, but they don't get sued every week. Then again, this case would be in an American court..........

Guest Bluestiger99
I'm not a lawyer and haven't seen the DVD, but presumably to be successful at slander/defamation actual untruths need to be said, not merely opinions, however biased.

As for misrepresentation, sounds a bit dubious to me, Have I Got News For You rip the piss out of people and present a one sided view of them, but they don't get sued every week. Then again, this case would be in an American court..........

I've not seen the DVD either, but if they did in fact say he got reprimanded for using drugs and never in fact failed a drug test, he can win.

Guest fspodjfsjdfsldk
he wont win... i wil orer the movie righ tnow and watch it to see if he has a point or not. if they just talk about the bad stuff he did while he was in the WWF then he can not win.. its al the peopel in the video against one person... if they all say in court that he did all that stuff then warrior would loose

Guest The Beltster
He beat WWE before, he will beat them this time. And its not just some people saying he sucked etc, its pure slander, saying he was fired in 1992 due to a drugs violation when he NEVER failed a drugs test nor was he ever fired for drugs usage. Edited by The Beltster

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity