Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

The Undertaker - Clean Jobs

Guest HulkFearsAustin

Guest HulkFearsAustin

Sorry about the thread title, but it stays.

Anyway, on alot of boards its often argued about how Taker never jobs or puts anyone over, etc. Now i like Taker and personally dont care how many people he's put over, just as long as he entertains me.

BUT, has he ever jobbed cleanly in his entire career? I cant recall one single clean job, ever. Perhaps some people could enlighten me?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Taker went into the match with a broken hand, giving Lesnar an advantage from the get go. Also, Paul Heyman interfered and held Taker to the Cell while Lesnar hit his cast with chair. So that wasnt clean.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
He has jobbed clean before but not often so it seems like he doesn't, if I took the time to do a net search I am sure I could come up with his win/loss records and say who but that will take me too much time and I have a cold so i'm not going to :P

Guest The Bisch

Didn't he do a clean job for Mankind in 1996? And also Vader at Royal Rumble 97 (if my memory serves me correctly)

Oh yeah, and he lost clean to Steve Austin at Summerslam 1998

Edited by The Bisch

Taker went into the match with a broken hand' date=' giving Lesnar an advantage from the get go. Also, Paul Heyman interfered and held Taker to the Cell while Lesnar hit his cast with chair. So that wasnt clean.[/quote']

Tell me how that match ended exactly? Clean as a sheet victory for Brock. The win over Vader wasn't clean, Bearer hit Taker with the urn prior to the Vader Bomb and I don't remember any of the losses to Mankind being clean.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Tell me how that match ended exactly? Clean as a sheet victory for Brock.

He won with the F5 yes, but it wasnt a clean job as Taker wasnt 100% and Heyman interfered.

He jobbed for Mankind a few times but none of those were clean, either. Cant remember Vader/Taker at RR'97 so will watch it later.

(Also, it seems as if im coming of as a Taker hater when im far from it, just genuinely interested to see if hes ever jobbed cleanly)

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Taker does his fair bit of jobbing' date=' i mean he even let Maven eliminate him from the Rumble in 2002 :P[/quote']

After he was distracted by The Hardy Boyz and Lita? And throwing someone over the top rope hardly counts as losing cleanly anyway :P

He won with the F5 yes' date=' but it wasnt a clean job as Taker wasnt 100% and Heyman interfered.[/quote']

Heyman's interference wasn't anywhere near the end of the match so I don't think that matters at all, Taker had a cast which was an advantage over Brock so that shouldn't count too.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Heyman's interference wasn't anywhere near the end of the match so I don't think that matters at all' date=' Taker had a cast which was an advantage over Brock so that shouldn't count too.[/quote']

If he had kept it on for the whole match then it would be the closest hes ever come to jobbing cleanly. But, Lesnar smacked it with a chair and ripped it off leaving Taker at a disadvantage. On the following Smackdown, he also stated if he didnt have the cast, it would have been a different story.

On the following Smackdown' date=' he also stated if he didnt have the cast, it would have been a different story.[/quote']

What kind of proof is that? That's called an excuse and you need to remember that Hell in a Cell's are no DQs, anything goes, the end sequence was Brock reversing a Tombstone into an F5. Not only was that a great finish, it put Brock over huge.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
What kind of proof is that? That's called an excuse and you need to remember that Hell in a Cell's are no DQs' date=' anything goes, the end sequence was Brock reversing a Tombstone into an F5. Not only was that a great finish, it put Brock over huge.[/quote']

He basically said if he was at 100% if he would have won, faces dont make excuses. How is Brock at 100% (with interference) beating Taker at 75% putting someone over clean?

THE ENDING PUT BROCK OVER HUGE! He reversed the tombstone into a damn F5, that's all there is to it, get that into your skull. You're being a complete mark about this talking about Heyman's interference in the early stages of the match. Everyone I talk wrestling with agrees that Undertaker put over Brock massively in the Hell in a Cell.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
THE ENDING PUT BROCK OVER HUGE! He reversed the tombstone into a damn F5' date=' that's all there is to it, get that into your skull. You're being a complete mark about this talking about Heyman's interference in the early stages of the match. Everyone I talk wrestling with agrees that Undertaker put over Brock massively in the Hell in a Cell.[/quote']

He may have put him over, which i agree with, as the image im left with is Brock on top of the Cell as a bloody Taker looks on. It still wasnt clean though.

Guest Edgehead
What about when he was a heel in the Ministry? Was it a clean job when he dropped the belt to Stone Cold on Raw in 1999?? I never saw that match so I don't know

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity