Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

** Official RAW Discussion Thread - 23rd January 2006 **

TPIB

6 Days Prior to the Royal Rumble!

Credit: WWE.com

This Monday night on RAW, in tag team action, WWE Champion Edge and a partner of his choice will face John Cena and a partner of his choice. Who will they choose as their partner? Find out on RAW.

Kane, who destroyed Carlito last week on RAW, will go one on one with Carlito this week on RAW.

WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus and Ashley will take on the team of Candice and Victoria. Will Mickie be able to stay out of Trish's business this week? Find out on RAW.

Also, Shawn Michaels, who defeated Kurt Angle last week on RAW, will take on Shelton Benjamin. Will Shelton's momma continue to help her son?

For all this and more, watch Monday Night RAW on USA (9/8 CT).

Confirmed Matches:

Edge & Partner of Choosing Vs. John Cena & Partner of Choosing

Kane Vs. Carlito

Trish Stratus & Ashley Vs. Candice & Victoria

Shawn Michaels Vs. Shelton Benjamin (w/ his mama)

Jeese, WWE.com completely redid the preview, no nonsense either, just straight up matches. I expect to see more build-up for the Rumble between Cena & Edge, Mickie & Trish, Show & Triple H and whatever else. Seems to me like Michaels Vs. Benjamin may be the highlight of the night, I remember their match awhile back during the #1 Contender's Tournament for the World Title (to refresh your memory, Shelton tried to springboard off the ropes and HBK caught him with Sweet Chin Music in mid-air). Now that Angle is on SmackDown!, it looks as though Benjamin may take his place as the 'pure wrestler'. I'm also wondering if Cena may turn heel sometime soon, because according to his "Five Questions with John Cena" thing, he stated that the fans were not creative enough to come up with a good name. He also did a shoot on the NFL. It could be nothing, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also wondering if Cena may turn heel sometime soon, because according to his "Five Questions with John Cena" thing, he stated that the fans were not creative enough to come up with a good name.

Wha? Come up with a good name for what?

He's talking about one of the shows they show on WWE.com, formerly known as ''Five Questions with the Champ''. It's just a show where they ask Cena 5 questions, and he answers them. When he lost the title, they had a little contest where the fans would come up with a new name. All they came up with was ''Five Questions with John Cena''.

Guest The Phenom Billz

*raw spoilers*

The Raw theme music played briefly, and the ring announcer welcomed everyone to the show.

1st Match: Chavo Guerrero vs Trevor Murdoch

Lots of "EDDIE" chants throughout Chavo's entrance and the match as well. No disrespect to either of them, but Chavo's new gimmick seems to be that he's Eddie's grieving nephew. Anyway, Chavo won. Murdoch got a lot of heat for a guy who gets little to no airtime.

2nd Match: Rob Conway vs Val Venis

Val got a lot of cheers. I see little distinction between Rob Conway and Chris Masters, aside from presentation. It's not too hard to see who's got friends in higher places. Conway pinned Val while putting his feet on the ropes.

3rd Match: Victoria & Lita vs Trish Stratus & Mickie James

Maria was the special guest ring announcer. She was lookin' real good, but the moment she opened her mouth, I wanted to impale whoever's idea it was to give her a loudly amplified microphone. Live, she's worse than nails on a chalkboard, I tell ya. But yeah, Lita got TONS of heat. It's nice to see her actually wrestling again, even if only on house shows. Trish got a pretty big reaction herself. Trish got pinned when Mickie got a little overzealous, which apparently distracted Trish and allowed her to be rolled up for the pin. Mickie and Trish argued after the match, and Mickie got booed out of the ring.

4th Match: Idol Stevens (I think) vs Brent Albright

Idol had two fine-ass chicks with him who were dressed up like good and evil...sorta like the two chicks who hung out with Two-Face in the movie 'Batman & Robin'. Idol was also sportin' some nifty sparkle tights. The match was pretty dull, and I immediately noticed a large part of the crowd getting up to go to the bathrooms or the concession stands. The "BORING" chants started about five minutes in. Idol went over by pinfall.

5th Match: Shelton Benjamin vs Viscera

Shelton just doesn't work as a heel. He did a bit of talking before the match, and it just didn't seem to be getting him much heat. To his credit, the crowd did start to chant "MAMA'S BOY" towards the end of the match. Viscera was pretty popular. Shelton won by pinfall.

Jonathan Coachman then came out, ran his mouth a bit, and then introduced Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat. Coach insulted him for a moment, then Steamboat beat him up and tossed him out of the ring. Steamboat got a huge ovation.

Candice Michelle came out, did her little dance, helped shoot some Shawn Michaels t-shirts into the crowd, did her little dance a couple more times, then left. She probably earned more money for her five minutes of "work" than I do in three months.

10 minute intermission.

6th Match: Carlito vs Kane

Kane got a HUGE ovation, which I expected considering he's from Tennessee. Carlito is noticably bulking up. Kane won by pinfall after a chokeslam.

7th Match: Triple H & Chris Masters vs Big Show & Shawn Michaels

Everyone got a huge ovation, with the exception of Masters, who got plenty of heat. Good match, Big Show pinned Masters after a chokeslam.

8th Match: WWE Champion Edge vs John Cena

The crowd was 95% pro-Cena tonight. Edge and Lita nearly got booed out of the building. Good match, with several very near-falls. The crowd was really into it. Cena won by DQ when Lita hit him with a nut-shot just as he lifted Edge up for the FU. After the match, Edge tried to spear Cena, but Cena caught him and reversed it into the FU instead. Cena celebrated with the fans for about ten minutes and that was it.

source:http://www.wrestleview.com

Guest Danny Styles
I'm also wondering if Cena may turn heel sometime soon' date=' because according to his "Five Questions with John Cena" thing, he stated that the fans were not creative enough to come up with a good name. He also did a shoot on the NFL. It could be nothing, but just thought I'd throw it out there.[/quote']

it is nothing... WWE edited it out now :D

hopefully HBK vs Shelts could be great again if it gets a good slot and his momma doesn't interfere...

the Cena Edge tag match will be ok becasue Cena won't be in the ring as much so the match will be ok

Carltio vs Kane will be mehish

and who acares about the womens match... now hoff is gone (i hope) :D

Sheesh TPB don't be so desperate man, it seems like you think that you have a job here in TWO and should post every official thread, chill dude a mod does that, so there's no need for you to do it every single week.

And BTW the Main Event should be interesting to see who Cena and Edge pick as their partners.

I would of thought Flair would be the obvious choice for Flair, and Edge will choose the guy who will beat Flair for the title I'd guess.

Possibly Flair and Cena vs Edge and Masters maybe?

Guest HulkFearsAustin

It will most probably be Edge and Masters vs. Cena and Flair, which will further the Edge/Cena feud and also maybe set up Masters/Flair for the Rumble, where Masters takes the IC title.

Another possibility is Edge and Triple H vs. Cena and Show, which could be used to kick off the Triple H/Cena feud.

HBK/Shelton was great last year, this year it wont be, the reason, Sheltons fn' Momma. Please stop the crap Vince. Oh and Edge will surely choose HHH, no doubts.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity