Whos going to win the rumble?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Whos going to win the rumble?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Triple H I'd expect. It should be a good actual Rumble match due to the fact that most of the bigger name guys are involved in that specific match rather than singles matches elsewhere on the card. Makes it harder to figure out a winner. That being said, HHH has been laying low for months now, and the last six Rumble matches have been won by faces, we are due a heel win. (Well, Batista was a heel when he won last year, but he was pretty much the fans favourite to win, so I'd class it pretty much as a face victory).

Interrestingly enough according to this weeks Figure Four Weekly, as of Monday at RAW the booking team still haven't decided on who will win the Rumble and there is nothing set in stone for the Mania card. Very WCW like indeed.

Smackdown! has the benefit of No Way Out to decide their number one contender, whereas Raw doesn't. Which is why I think it'll be a Raw victory on Sunday. It could go like this:

Cena loses the title match against Edge, makes a "surprise" appearance in the Rumble, he wins it and makes good for last year where he was upstaged by Big Dave.

Then we have Edge getting angry at HHH for spoilerific reasons, HHH and Edge have a mini feud capped off by HHH winning the belt on the first new Saturday Night Main Event.

That leads up into Mania, where Cena is on a roll having won the Rumble, HHH is kept looking very strong with a win over Edge and remaining unbeaten for months, Edge has a relatively long title reign and the Mania match is booked around the fact that Cena could never beat Edge, so how is he going to beat the guy who took out Edge on his first attempt?

There you go, WWE's dream main event booked to perfection.

Interrestingly enough according to this weeks Figure Four Weekly' date=' as of Monday at RAW the booking team still haven't decided on who will win the Rumble and there is nothing set in stone for the Mania card. Very WCW like indeed.[/quote']

Surely that's mainly down to the reaction Cena has been getting, which has made the bookers want to keep the belt on Edge until Mania, or longer. Under Edge's reign, RAW is getting a fair amount of viewers aswell (Although partly down to the NFL).

I wopuld of thought it was set to be Cena retaining at the Rumble, and Triple H winning the Royal Rumble match itself, which set up that match at WrestleMania.

If they are to keep the belt on Edge until atleast then though, they can't have a heel Triple H vs heel Edge at Mania, and I can't see either man tunring in such a small amount of time.

Triple H I hope. It's a tricky one to predict without knowing the outcome of the Cena/Edge match. If Edge retains, perhaps the WWE will go another route.

I guess Orton's missed the boat again. It was pretty much accepted he'd be facing Triple H at WM 21, as far back as SummerSlam 04, but the booking screwed him and Batista snuck in the back door. There was alot of talk that Orton would win the Rumble this year, but seeing how he's appears to have been dropped back to the mid-card, it really doesn't look like Randy's going to be 'The Man' just yet. That's not to suggest he won't have a title match at WM, he just won't win the Rumble.

Smackdown! has the benefit of No Way Out to decide their number one contender, whereas Raw doesn't. Which is why I think it'll be a Raw victory on Sunday. It could go like this:

Cena loses the title match against Edge, makes a "surprise" appearance in the Rumble, he wins it and makes good for last year where he was upstaged by Big Dave.

Then we have Edge getting angry at HHH for spoilerific reasons, HHH and Edge have a mini feud capped off by HHH winning the belt on the first new Saturday Night Main Event.

That leads up into Mania, where Cena is on a roll having won the Rumble, HHH is kept looking very strong with a win over Edge and remaining unbeaten for months, Edge has a relatively long title reign and the Mania match is booked around the fact that Cena could never beat Edge, so how is he going to beat the guy who took out Edge on his first attempt?

There you go, WWE's dream main event booked to perfection.

Leaves Edge with nothing though. Plus, there's only a few weeks between SNME and WM.

Somehow, I'd weave Flair into it. I'd go so far as to have Edge win at the Rumble via underhanded tactics, moreso vicious than cheap and cheating, and Flair eliminate HHH to win the RR. Huge shock value there. So then it looks like it's Edge v Flair. First RAW off the Rumble, Flair comes out, cuts an emotional thank you speech, and thanks John Cena, saying that no matter what people say, Cena supported him and helped him, and such. The recommendation from Flair can't hurt Cena at all. This'll bring out HHH who'll berate Flair and attack him. Cena comes out, and he beats on HHH to the back, but Edge seizes his opportunity and comes to beat on Flair.

Cue to a few weeks down the line, with a HHH/Flair match for the IC title. I'd honestly have HHH win the belt. He's not burying anyone to win it, and it improves its meaning. Edge costs Flair the match and later explains that he has stripped Flair of his dignity, pride, and now his title (since the IC belt wouldn't have been on the line at WM, it was of no use to Flair). The only thing left is to destroy his legacy on the grandest stage of them all. Similarly, HHH would state that whilst the IC belt has always been seen as the second tier belt, it will now be taken to the next level. This brings out Cena who calls shenanigans and challenges for the IC title. There's two key WM title matches right there.

SNME, I'd simply do the usual tag match preview. Flair/Cena v HHH/Edge. Match ends with a DQ. Edge and HHH con-chair-to Cena, and sledgehammer Flair. To get the show over, I'd change the Womens or Tag titles over, so as not to do so at Mania. This is important because...

At WM, both main titles change. I would however have HHH beat Cena, but let Cena get in the post-match comeback, and block a sledgehammer shot into an FU and a teased sledgehammer shot. But otherwise, Orton over Angle, and Flair over Edge, getting his one last shot in the sun. Fresh WM-style main event, a happy ending, and the celebration of a legend.

Plus, unlike Orton, his reign doesn't need to last. HHH could drop the IC title to RVD, revenging the whole 2002 feud debacle. That puts both RVD and the belt over. HHH can then be so angry that he tries to vent his frustrations, but Cena just continues to piss him off. Rematch at Backlash/Judgment Day, Cena goes over, and Edge, who wins back the title, has his final match with Cena at Summerslam, where Cena goes over. Everything comes back full circle, but the interim is different, unexpected, and despite Flairs involvement, it's fresh.

Furthermore, that's four strong WM matches (Shawn/Vince, Edge/Flair, HHH/Cena, Angle/Orton).

For me, I'd, like Russ, have Edge beat Cena say with help from HHH, who believes he's a lock for the Rumble win, and wants to take on Edge, for revenge.

I'd then have the Rumble, then at say number 16, I'd have nobody come out. Then HHH eliminates say Rey to believe he's won the Rumble, but Cena comes from the crowd, as the actual number 30, hits HHH with a chair, to get revenge, and dumps him out the Rumble.

Then I'd have next night on Raw, Edge v Cena be set for Mania, HHH come out with Vince, and make it so HHH has to face HBK on Raw, that if HHH wins he gets a title shot, if HBK loses he has to face Vince at Mania, in an anything goes match where if he loses he has to leave the WWE.

HHH obviously wins with help from Vince, to make 2 big matches at Mania, Cena v HHH V Edge, HBK v Vince. Builds up everyone in the right way.

Then for Flair, I'd have him drop the belt to Carlito on Raw.

I'd then have Carlito and Masters admit they attacked Flair to his face, and go to attack him again, only to be saved by Mr. Hulk Hogan. Hogan says he's sick of watching young guy try and take wrestling away from the guys that built it. He says he spent years being Flair's enemy because they were both each side's trump card, but he says about how much he respects him, and how it would be an honour to team with him against those two to teach those two respect.

Thus in the mean time, on a later Raw, Carlito drops the belt to RVD, as Flair interferes causing him to lose. In a later interview RVD claims he's glad the IC belt is back with the most exciting, high flying performer in WWE, which brings out Shelton Benjamin to argue about that fact, and challenge him at Mania.

Thus for Mania, Raw's big matches would be.

Cena v HHH v Edge

HBK v Vince in a streetfight, if HBK loses he's got to leave WWE forever

Flair/Hogan v Carlito/Masters

RVD v Benjamin

Damn I could outdo WWE bookers ideas.

Guest Keith Would
It's the perfect time for a Rey Mysterio Rumble win.

There will never be a perfect time for a Rey Mysterio Rumble win.

I haven't got the foggiest idea who will actually win it, but the pessimist in me says HHH or superman Cena (29 other blokes would be no problem for him). Although Cena winning it would mean he hasn't won the title, which would be good, but it would probably mean him regaining the title at 'mania, which would be very bad.

HHH doing the job for the last 2 'manias makes me think he is the favourite.

I'd like to see Benoit win it again. Kurt v Chris would be a fine way to top off wrestlemania and even though he would lose to Kurt, those two would put on a great match with loads of near falls where you could actually see Benoit winning.

I think Vince will screw Shawn Michaels in some way at the Rumble, like he said he 'guaran-damn-tees it'. I'm being really optimistic but could that possibly be a hint for The Rock to return as a heel and eliminate Shawn, setting up Rock vs Shawn at Wrestlemania? Would be better than Vince vs Shawn, and goes along with having dream matches at mania.

Orton is my pick to win although the dark horse is RVD.

I read a spoiler awhile back that stated Orton was going to win, I want Triple H to win, but I believe Orton will win the Rumble. I agree, Keith, there will never be a perfect time for Rey to win the Rumble. RVD winning is another possibility I can't see happening, not that there is anything wrong with RVD. I think Triple H will be the last to be eliminated, but I see Trips headlining WM22 for RAW. Which brings up an interesting point, what if the WWE opt the winner of the Rumble to jump ship to the opposite brand? I would rather see Orton as the WWE Champion than the World Champion. Chris Nowinski backs my prediction, and that's all I need. :D A good majority of the people who predicted their winners on WWE.com picked Triple H. Edited by TPIB

Simple, IMO HHH will win the Rumble and face Cena and Edge in a triple threat match at Mania. And Randy will win the number 1 spot on a normal SD or heck even on SME.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Simple' date=' IMO HHH will win the Rumble and face Cena and Edge in a triple threat match at Mania. And Randy will win the number 1 spot on a normal SD or heck even on SME.[/quote']

Or Randy could win the #1 spot at No Way Out.

I hope RVD wins the rumble. WWE has been putting out suprises lately so he just might. Also with the feud between HBK and Vince it wouldnt suprise me if HBK won and Vince reversed the decision or something. But really all logic points to HHH or Orton.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Nah, it seems Vince is trying to anger HBK, so HBK can become a heel. Vince is trying to turn Shawn bad.

So the question is, will Shawn turn bad? Will HBK become a heel, and will it happen at the Rumble, or will Shawn end up facing Vince at Wrestlemania?

Anyway. my pick to win the rumble is still RVD.

Guest Kanenite
I think the Final four will be Randy Orton, HHH, The Undertaker and Kane. I really don't know why and i'm probably really wrong, but I stand by that.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity