Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

ECW Again? ***potential spoilers***

Murph

It is believed that this year, again in the Hammerstein Ballroom, WWE are holding a PPV. Now, I seriously doubt WWE would hold a proper WWE event in an arena worth holding around 2000 people, so is there going to be another ECW PPV? If so, what is the theme of it? It would totaly ruin One Night Stand, and, if the crowd aren't pumped up like last year, ruin the legacy of ECW.

Anybody know anything about this?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think WWE sholud do this again. It really does ruin last years ECW PPV. I mean 'ECW: One Night Stand 2'!? If it's One Night Stand how can there be a second?

Guest The Great Ahmar

i hope it does happen.

one night stand was arugaly the best ppv of the year (wwe wise)

i think if they can some the real ecw legends to come back i.e funk, raven, tazz (to get back into the ring).

i hope it does happen.

one night stand was arugaly the best ppv of the year (wwe wise)

i think if they can some the real ecw legends to come back i.e funk, raven, tazz (to get back into the ring).

You think if the get some real ECW legends back...then you stopped...go on...

Anyway, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, the Dudley Boys, Sabu are all true ECW legends, and, although all he did was put a Tazzmission on Angle, Taz was at ECW One Night Stand.

Guest The Great Ahmar

i was only writing the ones that could come and do it.

Guest FreeSpirit
I remember reading about 2months ago that WWE were looking to hold a 2nd ECW One Night Stand PPV on June 11th, but it was going to be held at the actual ECW Arena in Philadelphia. The Hammerstein Ballroom for the 2nd year running would be a great alternative though.

Last years show was better than most of the WWE's ppv's of the year, it got sod all publicity and still outsold 80% of the WWE's own shows. It helped that Heyman was booking too. I'd actually like to see 12 more ECW ppv's this year, do we really need the Great American Bash anmore?

The Dudleys' date=' Sabu, and Raven wont come back as their all working for TNA. So its going to blow.[/quote']

I do actually believe that Sabu has a WWE legends contract and Raven won't come back from what, he wasn't there. Should be good though, I mean RVD will hopefully be wrestling for this one even though the likes of Dudley's. Rhino, Spike, Lance Storm, Eddie Guerrero won't be there wrestling. Hopefully see a better match between Mysterio and Psychosis or Rey vs. Super Crazy, and I want to hear New Jack's music just one more time for a mark out moment.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I really hope there is another ECW PPV, I loved One Night Stand and long for more of the same but alot of the old ECW guys who were in WWE have left and are on bad terms now, it will be hard to get enough ECW guys I think to fill a good card :(

AHAHAHA, I see what you did. You implied that Funk, Taz and Raven aren't ECW legends. Funny.

But seriously, they are. Taz was the most perfectly booked champion they ever had, and was SUPER over. Only RVD could match the pops Taz would get. The guy was a believable machine before he hit the WWE. Raven was probably the greatest character ever devised in ECW, and was a great worker, one of the best talkers in the business and a great opponent for getting Dreamer over. And Funk.. well ask Heyman who is pretty much the reason ECW stayed around, got onto PPV and became what it did. That'll tell you why Funk is an ECW legend.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I do actually believe that Sabu has a WWE legends contract and Raven won't come back from what' date=' he wasn't there. Should be good though,[/quote']

I really dont get either part of that...Sabu is in TNA, therefore there's no way he's got a WWE contract, let alone a legends one. And Raven, what?

Guest Thirteen
And Raven' date=' what?[/quote']

Get hold of some ECW tapes from say 96 till when he left for WCW and you'll see. The Raven of late is a piss poor shadow of his former self. Trust me.

Guest PowerSlam
Doesn't Terry Funk hate the WWE?

Seriously, have they offered him mega money or was the way the original ONS was presented changed his mind?

Yeah, i was under that illusion aswell.

I mean, didn't he opt to do the other unofficial ECW event instead last year?

As for the WWE doing One Night Stand 2, well i'm not against it as the original ONS was superb last year but it would under mine it a great deal, which would be ashame.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity