Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Hall of fame 2006 **Raw SPOILERS**

The Icon

Both Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero will be inducted into the Hall of Fame during WrestleMania 22 weekend this year.

(Although WWE officials are having doubts of Hart making an appearance at the event but are planning to induct him regardles.)

WWE will be making Guerrero the feature attraction for the Hall of Fame induction.

They have also approached Rick Martel about being inducted this year but as far as I know he hasn't accepted or declined yet.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PowerSlam

Eddie being inducted was (and rightfully so, in my opinion) a no-brainer.

Bret is a nice choice. Maybe with that and the DVD, he and especially Vince will finally both put the past behind them.

Don't know too much about Rick Martel, to be honest.

Eddie being inducted was (and rightfully so, in my opinion) a no-brainer.

Bret is a nice choice.

I agree with that much. Bret Hart is a complete legend, with some AMAZING matches in the past, and Eddie got the crowd jacked uo and excited for all his matches. And, I really don't think that Rick Martel is deserved of a place in the WWE Hall of Fame. I mean, when you hear of a Hall of Famer, their name should make you remember how good they were and how much popularity then generated, and Rick Martel just doesn't...then again, for me, neither did Paul Orndorff or Nikolai Volkoff...

I agree that Eddie should go in, but what about Owen, Mr. Perfect, Bulldog, Pillman etc. Putting Eddie in kind of stinks of the whole Rey winning the Rumble for Eddie and all the rest of that nonsense. I don't see it as being sincere since they are using him as a storyline.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bret did a no show, would be kinda funny too.

I agree that Eddie should go in' date=' but what about Owen, Mr. Perfect, Bulldog, Pillman etc.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong i'm a fan of these guys (Pillman especially) but Owen and Pillman are far from being legends and in my opinion shouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame ever.Bulldog was only really a legend in Britain though as in America he was just your average Upper Mid card guy, so if you want Bulldog in you would be as well putting Ron Simmons and those sort of guys in.

Guest Kanenite

I just read this a second ago and I was really pleased to see the additions to the HOF. I'm not to sure if Bret would be inducted as WWE would more than likely want him to actually appear on this special moment, hopefully clear the air a bit between them before anything progresses. I've heard different stories about Bret's HOF induction, so i'm not currently believing anything.

Eddie is a great addition to the Hall of Fame, he entertained fans through and through, he overcame so much to finally rise to the top. Plus his career has been much longer than just his WWE days. I'll be really happy to see Eddie inducted and i'm sure it will be an emotional moment.

I don't really know about Martel because i'm sure there are a few that could have been put in front of him to be inducted but alas i'm not going to say he doesn't deserve it because he does.

I hope to see some great additions to the line-up this year.

Volkoff was only put in as a favour from Vince.

Wasn't Vince Snr's driver inducted? And Pete Rose? No doubt Owen and Pillman should be in there!!!!

i'm really pleased that Eddie is being inducted, i really do think he deserves it and i'm sure it'll be an emotional ceremony :)

I'll be watching :lol

there are alot more people that should be induct into the HOF before Eddie IMO.

Exactly what I believe also, I know I will be hated for this post but I believe Eddie is only being inducted this year because he died just a few months ago and thats my opinion of it. Owen, Pillman, Bulldog and even Neidhart deserve to be in there as much as Eddie. I don't like the way Eddie is being inducted this year, yeah it will be heartwarming at the time, but I don't see it as being the best idea for this year.

Also, I thought Bret wanted to be inducted the same year as Owen Hart, so hopefully that is this year. Owen deserves it because he was as good a wrestler as Eddie and contributed his part to professional wrestling and I feel Eddie is being put in solely because of him passing away, but Owen didn't get put in the HOF for something which could be said was WWE's fault, so in this argument both Bret and Owen should of been inducted ages ago, and should be the basis of the show and not Eddie.

Guest MojoPogo
Hell, what about Ricky Steamboat and (though he's still active) Ric Flair? You cant ignore 16 world titles im afraid. Pillman, Owen, Davey Boy should also definitely be there. Personally, i'd have the Dynamite Kid, but hey, thats my opinion. I feel he blazed the aerial trail for others to follow (particularly Benoit).

I believe Malenko should be in there also, maybe even Undertaker this year if we are inducting Guerrero. Just the thought of Bret being inducted this year and Eddie being the main attraction and the main part of the show sickens me actually.

Exactly what I believe also, I know I will be hated for this post but I believe Eddie is only being inducted this year because he died just a few months ago and thats my opinion of it. Owen, Pillman, Bulldog and even Neidhart deserve to be in there as much as Eddie. I don't like the way Eddie is being inducted this year, yeah it will be heartwarming at the time, but I don't see it as being the best idea for this year.

Also, I thought Bret wanted to be inducted the same year as Owen Hart, so hopefully that is this year. Owen deserves it because he was as good a wrestler as Eddie and contributed his part to professional wrestling and I feel Eddie is being put in solely because of him passing away, but Owen didn't get put in the HOF for something which could be said was WWE's fault, so in this argument both Bret and Owen should of been inducted ages ago, and should be the basis of the show and not Eddie.

My point exactly.

WWE better put Eddie in the HOF after using him in some really pointless ways in storylines.

I've said on countless occasions whih legends I'd like to be inducted this year.

However, I'm glad WWE has asked Martel, he really was a excellent talent, and deserves a spot in the HoF. Martel was one of the finest heels in the 80's and early 90's.

Guest MojoPogo
If he goes in Rick Rude should also. Hell, lets not get into, Shawn, Austin and Foley as well, they're as deserving as anyone.

If he goes in Rick Rude should also. Hell' date=' lets not get into, Shawn, Austin and Foley as well, they're as deserving as anyone.[/quote']

Very true, so should Benoit if Eddie is going in and Angle, who could have easily have done as much as Eddie or even more.

If he goes in Rick Rude should also. Hell' date=' lets not get into, Shawn, Austin and Foley as well, they're as deserving as anyone.[/quote']

The list of deserving people is endless, but the fact is, it would be rather silly to put all the stars in the Hall of Fame in the same year.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity