Wrestling

*** Official TNA Against All Odds 2006 Thread ***

Guest Dan

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7781/againstallodds06cygy12oe.gif

The final card for “Against All Odds” is as follows:

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match:

“King of the Mountain” Jeff Jarrett vs. “Captain Charisma” Christian Cage

X Division Championship Match:

“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

NWA World Tag Team Title Match:

America’s Most Wanted vs. Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt

Falls Count Anywhere:

“The War Machine” Rhino vs. “The Monster” Abyss w/ James Mitchell

Revenge Match:

Team 3D vs. “The Canadian Enforcer” Bobby Roode and Eric Young

Challenge Match:

The James Gang vs. The Latin American Exchange

X Division Four-Way:

Petey Williams vs. Matt Bentley vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal

Preshow Matches:

Ron “The Truth” Killings vs. Team Canada’s A1

Lance Hoyt, Shark Boy and Cassidy Riley vs. “Primetime” Elix Skipper, David Young and The Prince of Punk w/ Simon Diamond

Other Info;

For US Replay Info -

http://www.tnawrestling.com/replays/index.html

For PPV Teaser videos -

http://www.tnawrestling.com/againstallodds/video_load.html

For TNA Podcasts -

http://www.tnawrestling.com/podcast/index.php

UK TV Info

TNA PPV will air in the UK on The Wrestling Channel (ch:427) on the 19th Feb @ 8pm UK Time.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit
Against All Odds looks a fantastic card. Am eager to see who wins the X Division Triple Threat and the NWA World Title matches. :xyx

Guest Danny Styles

the four way could turn into a great match actually... i'm thinking mabe it's a number one conterndership four way for the X title

looks a great card.. i'll be tuning on TWC next week

Well I just hope Christian wins but I have a bad feeling he won't.

“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

Do I really need to explain this one? :thumbsup

Another potential good match, it had 3 good workers and one spot monkey for peoples enjoyment.

Falls Count Anywhere:

This is the match where I expect Rhino to fall into the midcard. Abyss will probably win using some random object.

Challenge Match:

Finally I get to see Apolo on a TNA PPV. This won't be a 5 star match but it's gonna be a really decent one. I hope LAX get the win.

X Division Four-Way:

Has the potential to be a great match. With Shelley in there and Petey and add to the mix Bentley and Lethal, I can't wait. ^_^

Guest Danny Styles
i know AMW will beat Sabin and Dutt but i wish they didn't i think AMW sould get rid of the title to team 3D... they aren't that great IMO... and i'm a big sabin fan so him winnning would be good.. even though i'd like Sabin to get an X title push

I guess this is the match most people will be watching in terms of the outcome. I'm really wanting it to be a good match with the least amount of run in and ref bumps etc, both Jarrett and Christian are actually solid wrestlers who can have a great match if booked correctly. I'm rooting for Christian to win, hopefully he will, but deep down I think Jarrett will keep the belt.

Wiiner - Jarrett

It's going to be hard for this match to live up to the last match, but if there was any 3 men that could do it, it is these 3. This might not sound ideal, but I think a triple threat match like this would be the ideal situation for Joe to lose the X-Division Championship belt, as he doesn't have to get pinned. However, I think its a little too early yet for Joe to lose the belt.

Winner - Samoa Joe

America’s Most Wanted vs. Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt - Probably be an ok match between these 2 teams, all pretty solid workers. I think that AMW will probably win, but maybe TNA will shock us, and have Dutt & Sabin win the belts, possibly due to a Team 3D run in. I think I'll go with AMW.

Winner - America's Most Wanted

Falls Count Anywhere:

Should be an awsome match between these 2, I've really enjoyed the matches between Rhino & Abyss in TNA. I'm giving this one to Rhino.

Winner - Rhino

Revenge Match:

I think Eric Young & Bobby Roode are fantasic talents in TNA, I think they have a bright future, but they won't win this match.

Winner - Team 3D

Challenge Match:

I can't see this being a good match, but maybe we'll see the possible return of Low Ki, he's reportedly being lined up for a spot within LAX, I guess this would be a good time to have him return.

Winners - LAX

X Division Four-Way:

If the X-Division Championship match doesn't deliver, then I'm pretty sure this match will. It will be a great chance to see Lethal get a good amount of time in TNA to prove himself. I really like Shelly, and hope he gets the win.

Winner - Alex Shelly

All in all, it looks to be a great TNA card. However, TNA need to deliver this month, many fans were disillusioned with TNA last month, they can't afford to make the same mistake this month.

Guest Danny Styles

should be a good match.. hopefully without a guitar/ numerous run ins... i expect monty Brown and Gail Kim to get involved though

winner: Jarret

looking forward to this... should be a great match..

Joe to win

AMW will win.. but should be a good match...

Falls Count Anywhere:

should be a GREAT hardcore match.. i think Rhino will win but i won't be annoyed with an Abyss win

Rhino to win

Revenge Match:

two of TNA's brightest stars vs Team 3D should be a great match.. nice storyline with it... good match but a Team 3D win

Challenge Match:

good grudge match following a well built feud.. nice to see Konnan OUT of the ring.. seeing as Homicide is injured still i'd imagine Apollo will be in most of the time.. good grudge match

James Gang to win

X Division Four-Way:

i hope this match opens the PPV.... it could be a great match and set the tone for the night.. i like all 4 entrants in the match.. my personal favourite is Bently so i'm shouting for him.. but i think we will witness a great match

winner: Bently

this PPV should own with something for everyfan.. high flying.. hardcore.. good feuds...

this PPV could be a stellar TNA event

Guest Slim Jim

Just some advice, just click the button once and even if nothing happens or you get an error, it should be posted.

I suppose while I'm here I may as well do what everyone else is doing and give a quick run down of the card in my view:

Although I enjoy most of Jarret's huge screw job endings, I'm thinking and hoping that this is a clean fight, as both guys are capable of putting on a good match and they both share a similar style. I'm gonna give Christian the nod here, as they were hinting that Monty Brown is coming for the winner, and it's likely to be Brown vs Cage.

This will be a great match, no doubt. Not much else to say. I don't know or care who's going to win, I just want to see it.

It'd be a good way to push Sabin and Dutt as a tag team, but I'm pretty sure that AMW will win and we'll be seeing Team 3D taking the belts off them in the near future.

Falls Count Anywhere:

They've been booking Abyss very well recently with the right matches and opponents. This is likely to be another great match between the two. I'm not sure who will win, but it could be Rhino with the return from their last PPV match.

Revenge Match:

Team 3D to pick up the win here unless there is another Team Canada or AMW screwjob.

Challenge Match:

"The James Gang" is possibly the worst name for a team ever, and that's one with my name in it as well. Let's hope that Kip realises the "I've got two words for ya" thing only works with "Suck It". LAX's finisher should be called the LAXative.

X Division Four-Way:

Should be a good opener, even though it has no meaning. Nice to see Lethal getting more exposure than just a jobber.

Edited by Slim Jim

Guest Redemption
I'm very looking forward to this PPV, especially the X Division Triple Threat title match. The last one (Unbreakable 2005) was fantastic, and I want to see if this one can surpass it. Also the NWA World Heavyweight title match... Many people just don't know who's going to win this one!

This is one tonight right? If so, anyone know what time (UK)?

Thia match will be awful, no doubt. Christian is very limited in the ring, and Jarrett needs to be carried. It's one of the few matches recently, where Double J has been the most talented wrestler. This will be a huge dissapointment considering the build up. Jarrett is obviously going to win. I would probably prefer Christian to win, but, it's not going to happen in a million years.

Wiiner - Jarrett

Joe is far to over to lose the belt simply put. The problem is with makign joe unbeatable, is, who is he eventually going to lose to? It has to be someone from the X-Division, and he has demolished everyone from there, and beat the only two wrestlers, who ever get pushed in that division. He will win again tonight, making his inevitable loss a major dissapointment. They should of kept Joe and AJ apart, until they finally have the match, where Joe's streak ends. If AJ and Daniels are having to job to him, there is no-one who can realistically beat Joe.

Should be a good match. The first was pretty good, but there was room for improvement. It could do with more time.

Winner - Samoa Joe

Awful booking. Anyone who thinks Dutt and Sabin will win, is a moron. Not going to happen in a trillion years.

Winner - America's Most Wanted

Falls Count Anywhere:

They've had some pretty entertaining bouts, so it should be good enough. Judging by this week iMPACT!, Abyss will end up winning, which I'm OK with. Both these guys ned that push to elevate them, into the main event though.

Winner - Abyss

Revenge Match:

Agaain, obvious who will win. Team 3D easily. Eric Yound is the only guy in the match, with an ounce of talent, so, I'll probably skip this. The other 3 are painful to watch.

Winner - Team 3D

Challenge Match:

Again, the only wrestler, who isn't 100% w*nk, is Homicide. He is injured, so this will be unbearable. I'm a huge 'Cide fan, so I'll watch to see him, but the rest of the match is going to be worse than watching pain dry. I could start wrestling tommorow, and I would be more interesting, in the ring and out of it, than the other 4 no mark, stale, boring nobodies.

Winners - The James Gang

X Division Four-Way:

It's a shame the least hyped match, is the one that is the most intruiging. Jay Lethal could possibly win. he has impressed recently, and rightfully deserves a chance. Petey Williams is "Meh". Spot *****, but suprisingly pushed. Matt Bentley is garbage. This whole Bently Bounce thing is worse than his acting skills, which says something. He's completely bland. Alex Shelley is the man. Nice to see he is getting a push finally in TNA, and I hope this carries on tonight. I wouldn't be totally suprised to not see Roderick Strong or Austin Aries in TNA again though (But they probably will be), but if they arn't, expect his push to be done with.

Winner - Alex Shelly

It's looks OK on paper, but some of the matches are going to be awful, and the rest of the good sounds, have little reason ebhind them. TNA is really suffering from not having 2 hours.

Guest Danny Styles

Jack.. against all odds is on next sunday on the wrestling channel at 8 o clock :)

there is a chance of Joe loosing though.. with it being a triple trhreat AJ could pin daniels or visa versa.. and Joe still would have his unbeaen streak

there is a chance of Joe loosing though.. with it being a triple trhreat AJ could pin daniels or visa versa.. and Joe still would have his unbeaen streak

Nope, that's still a loss. He goes into a match the champ and comes ex champ? He lost the belt and he lost the match. That's always been my take on things.

He could still claim to be unpinned, but saying he's underfeated just because he wasn't involved in the decision is a bit cheap.

Of course this is all just my opinion. What do other people think about it? If Joe loses his belt, but is not involved in the decision, will he still be 'undefeated'?

Edited by wyndorf

Guest Wolverine
In the first Styles/Daniels/Joe match, Styles pinned Daniels to win the match. TNA still claimed that Joe was undefeated. So, I'd guess they'd do the same again.

Guest Danny Styles

Of course this is all just my opinion. What do other people think about it? If Joe loses his belt, but is not involved in the decision, will he still be 'undefeated'?

this argument will go round in circles but oh well

he will be undefeated because just say Joe got chucked out of the ring and AJ rolled Daniels up.. Daniels was pinned.. Daniels was defeated.. Joe wasn't involved in the desicion but lost his title.. so therefore he is still undefeated.. Daniels will have lost the title for Joe

this argument will go round in circles but oh well

he will be undefeated because just say Joe got chucked out of the ring and AJ rolled Daniels up.. Daniels was pinned.. Daniels was defeated.. Joe wasn't involved in the desicion but lost his title.. so therefore he is still undefeated.. Daniels will have lost the title for Joe

But then it will be the same result as last times triple threat and I don't think TNA will go that way and plus I don't see Daniels winning the title again just yet.

Nice to see TGO didn't bother with the predictions for this.

I was hoping for a predictions page. The show starts at about 12:30 tonight on the wonderous website of mystery and stream.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity