Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Vince To Buy New Japan?

Guest Jack

WWE To Buy New Japan?

Be afraid. Be very afraid. The front page of the newest Naigai Times says that Vince McMahon's WWE is making an aggressive attempt to buy out New Japan and make its biggest push into Japan yet. If this comes to anything' date=' naturally I'll post an update...[/quote']http://www.naigai-times.com/today_img/1000209-s.jpg

Brock to retun? A-Train? Nakanishi? My god that would be incredible. The DVD's Vince could release aswell? I really hope this happens to be honest - NJPW is a shade of it's former self, and it is doing poorly, so any excuse to get Brock back on WWE TV.

Maybe even WWE would run NJPW as it is? I could see them trying to run it, seeing as Japan is a huge market, so maybe it's possible.

The Japanese media seem to go over the top a lot though, so maybe this isn't true, but I would like it to be personally.

Edited by Jack

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Thirteen

Vince McMahons attempt at world domination continues!

If there's any truth in this of course(which there probably is).

I read somewhere that last time WWE were in Japan they didn't do as well as expected in terms of gate revenue, maybe Vince see's buying into NJPW could help the WWE become more succesful in Japan, and he also gets his hands of the NJPW Library, which with DVD's, WWE 24/7, and WWE.com he could proabably make a heap of money.

Guest Danny Styles

this could be good.. Vince could run NJPW like it is and build it up and have cross over shows... OR he could do a cheap invasion angle and bury NJPW and try and make WWE look strong (a la WCW)

either or

Guest Dave7g
Why the hell would anyone want to see the A-Train again? I don't know how good this will be, he didn't really make a roaring success of WCW did he? Of course this has nothing to do with screwing up TNA's relationship with New Japan at all...

Why the hell would anyone want to see the A-Train again?

believe it or not Dave some people actually like A-Train, like me ;)

Of course this has nothing to do with screwing up TNA's relationship with New Japan at all...

yes it does :)

Guest Dave7g

Well, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone on earth that liked the A Train until now.

Maybe vince can learn a few things from New Japan, like what a cruiser division actually is.

Maybe vince can learn a few things from New Japan' date=' like what a cruiser division actually is.[/quote']

let's hope :), or he could just ask Bischoff, he did a pretty Spivey job of his Cruiserweight Division, even if he did steal them from Japan & ECW.

Guest Dave7g
Do you really think Vince is going to take advice from Bischoff? Ithink it would rather hillairious if Brock signed with TNA now, just as Vince buys out NJPW and aquires the much sought after A Train contract.

Guest Edgehead
You do know who Vince 'I have an ego' date=' defy me and die' Mcmahon is dont you?[/quote']

I could have swore his middle name was Kennedy :lol

Do you really think Vince is going to take advice from Bischoff?

if Vince was smart (which he is lets not forget that) he'll put Bischoff on the Writers team, whats Bischoff going to do destroy the WWE from the inside? i seriously doubt it, Vince has the final word anyway, Heyman is the head OVW Writer so why cant Bischoff have a credible job such as a Writer or a Booker.

Edited by Ryan

If Vince was to buy NJPW, it would be the biggest news in wrestling since Vince bought out WCW. It seems a little far-fetched though. WWE/NJPW cross over shows would be really cool though. If world titles were defended across the world like that, the belts would seem like much greater prizes.

By the way, although Brock proved to be a big draw in the US, he hasn't in Japan, yet.

Guest Thirteen
Maybe vince can learn a few things from New Japan' date=' like what a cruiser division actually is.[/quote']

Like he did with the WCW one?:lol

Guest Dave7g
if Vince was smart (which he is lets to forget that) he'll put Bischoff on the Writers team' date=' whats Bischoff going to do destroy the WWE from the inside? i seriously doubt it, Vince has the final word anyway, Heyman is the head OVW Writer so why cant Bischoff have a credible job such as a Writer or a Booker.[/quote']

Ehm, Vince has had his fun with Bischoff, he put him in a garbage truck remember, thats it. Last I heard, Bisch was done with WWE. Vince had him for the last 3 years and did nothing with him creatively, so it's never going to happen.

Guest Thirteen
If Vince was to buy NJPW' date=' it would be the biggest news in wrestling since Vince bought out WCW. It seems a little far-fetched though. WWE/NJPW cross over shows would be really cool though. If world titles were defended across the world like that, the belts would seem like much greater prizes.[/quote']

In theory I agree with you totally. But unfortunately I just don't think Vince's ego would allow it to be the truly great spectacle it could be. My references for this opinion are the WCW, ECW Invasion angle. Which STILL leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But this is all still conjecture really.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity