Fan Clubs (beta)

Best Match You Ever Had On a Wrestling Game

Guest SuperKick Kid

Guest SuperKick Kid

Well, mine would have to be an 87 minute Last Man Standing match on Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

I was my created superstar, a heavyweight with all attributes maxed out, against another created superstar, a seven foot monster super heavyweight with all attributes maxed out, named Death and the difficulty was set on Legend.

Now, I thought this could be a nice 20min match and I just got obsessed with defeating this guy. He would not stay down. I got his entire body in red. I hit him with chairs and sledgehammers and ringbell and a title belt and the ring steps and he would not stay down. I put him through both tables. Gave him about fifteen finishing moves about 5 Stunners and 5 Sweet Chin Music's and 5 steel chair DDT's.

He just would stay down. I got him to the count of nine once and he stood up again.

Finally, when we were both bloody and in red he nails me with the ring steps when I try to hit him with a chair and I go down for the ten count.

Guest Marcus
My best one has to be a fatal four-way Hell in a Cell match between Shawn Michaels (me), Chris Benoit, The Undertaker and Kurt Angle. Lasted approximately 72 minutes. Everytime I thought I had someone, I was wrong. Oh, and this was on Day of Reckoning 2 for GameCube. Awesome match that I think I had to record on tape.

Guest Craig

I've had quite a few great matches on the game, but one that I remember most was probably the hardest match I've ever done.

It was a while back, around the time of Royal Rumble 2006, someone bet me some money that I couldn't win the Rumble as Rey Mysterio as the number 1 entry. Thinking I'd never be able to do it, the guy that bet me didn't make me put anything on the line if I couldn't do it. I tried several times, but was always thrown out at the halfway point.

But one time though, I was determined to make it to the end. So for the next 34 minutes, I played that match. And I did it fair, by having all the heavyweights in it, and all the super heavyweights. Since I was REy Mysterio, I could be thrown out by any of them. (For those of you that don't know, normally there is a meter you have to deplete in order to throw them out, UNLESS you are trying to throw someone out that is 2 weight classes below you. Rey is a cruiserweight, then there's light heavyweight, heavyweight, and superheavyweight)

I made it down to the final 4: Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, Booker T, and Ric Flair. The damage to my body had been into the red, and by regaining some of my stamina, I was able to go back into orange. (If any part of your body is red, if you get thrown over the ropes, regardless of weight class, you're thrown out) But Booker and Taker were still 2 heavy for me. So I focused on Ric Flair and threw him out after working on his head some, and then just waited for my chance with the other 2. Undertaker threw Booker over, and was trying to elimate him, and I went up to help him, and Booker was out.

Now Undertaker had entered somewhere in the late twenties, so he wasn't hurt all that match. So I had to try and do as much damage to him as possible in order to get him in the red so I could throw him out easily, or try and take my chances near the ropes messing with that meter, him getting back in, and us being really close to the ropes, making me easy pickings to be thrown out. For the next 5 minutes, I did the best countering and attacking I could to get his head red, and after one of the many modified DDTs on the game, I not only got Taker in the red, but busted him open. But then I realised I couldn't do a power irish whip to him, and the result of me trying ended up with me taking a clothesline.

Now I was knocked down and was unable to counter him picking me up. He then did some kind of slam to me, and then picked me up again, and tried to irish whip me over the ropes, but I was able to counter it and hit him with a spinning wheel kick taking him down. Of course, as luck would have it, he countered me picking him up, and hit me with The Last Ride. He stood there for a minute, showing just how stupid the AI in this game can be, and went to pick me up, but I was able to reverse it, go running at him from behind and leap over him, come back with a spinning wheel kick, pick him up successfully this time, and throw him over to FINALLY win the match.

And this was only a small part of what I had to do. I had to do stuff like this the entire match due to my small size. Some of it was down to playing skill, but a majority of it was down to luck. Needless to say, I won the bet, and my wallet feels a little bit heavier now. Or it did. Whatever.

Guest MrFill

I've had MANY great matches on DoR2 with B-Man - both of us using our created versions of our efed personas (Fill vs Gower, rather than Arkham vs Jaxx which is VERY one sided). We tended to do them as Iron Man matches, and the problem is that you end up with very sore hands from prolonged gaming, but it's well worth it.

There were times when we'd spend about 4-5 minutes solid of reversals, neither of us hitting an actual move - got to love that. :lol

Of course, Baz kicked my ass a lot, but it's such good fun that I don't really care.

Whenever I was able to set up a super stunt to end a match on No Mercy and have the entire sequence in the replay. Big leg drop off a ladder, over the ropes and through a table and into a pin. It was incredibaly tough to pull off, but when you do it, those replay's are GOLD.

Why don't wrestling games have replays anymore? Hours of fun added to a game.

Guest MojoPogo
My best ever was an iron man match on Smackdown Here Comes the Pain, with a created bret hart, and created shawn michaels......and it had everything! Near falls, reversals, dirty cheating moves. And yes...a screw job ending! (a roll up, right out of the blue!) Classic. Wrestling games are ALWAYS best played with a couple of evenly matched human players, though, for some reason i find 4 players to be a total train wreck, but perhaps thats just me. After all, im an old gimmer, and my reflexes aint what they used to be!

Best match was a sixty minute Ironman match on No Mercy between my creation Disco Sav and my friend playing as Goldberg. It was just brilliant, there wasn't a fall for 25 minutes and it ended 8-7 after a top rope powerbomb in the last ten seconds from me. It's impossible for me to have a match as good as that one with the Smackdown style gameplay which always disappoints me.

Guest Y2James
On Smackdown vs Raw a tag team match between Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri vs Chris Beniot and Chris Maters for the tag team gold. It lasted 50 minutes, with Beniot and Masters being victorious.

Guest Kanenite

I've got a couple, these aren't really fantastic matches but they were special. My cousin was round a couple of years ago and we were playing KOTR on SYM, anyways it was down to the final and he gets mardy if I totally thrash him, so I gave him just a little chance and I really messed up from there, he totally hit DDT's, threw me off the chair, clotheslined me, powerbombed me, threw me through tables, diving off ladders, all of that kind of stuff. So I just got kind of mardy that my cousin 5 years younger than me was totally kicking my ass, so I ended it the easiest way possible by hitting my finisher on him at the only chance I got.

Also I was playing my mate and I was Kane, he was Angle in a Hell in a Cell. He threw me around for about 25 minutes and lucky for me I managed to get the chokeslam on him off the top of the Cell. Game over for him.

Guest The Great Ahmar
On SVR 2006 and it was me verus my mate and it was 5:30 and the next i looked it was 6:43, it was a iron-man match that was 18-18 and then sudden death i won and he wanted a rematch after 31-29 to him, it was 7:52 so to settle it we had another after it coming to 30-33 i finally won, by the way he was some created guy i think it was a Lashley CAW, then he was Rey Mystrio and then Hogan. i was Bret hart, Angle and then HHH, he never loses hahaha

Guest Da Pimpsta
It was on MDickie's Booking MPire' date=' a four way match in a perspex cell. Explosions went off around the ring, and the referee was caught up in it, he lost his limbs and head, bit sick, but it meant nobody could win.[/quote']

I have booking Empire it rocks in fact all Mdickie games rock but anyway my best match was on SYM a hell in a cell match between me and my brother Angle versus Kane and I was angle and he was slaughtering me for about 9 minutes and the match was still going and it had gotten to the top of the cell when he chokeslamed me I thought he would have just pinned me and that would be it put instead he picked me up and tried to give me a tombstone when I reversed and gave him the angle slam off the cell then a moonsault on to him and the win best win ever:worship

Me (The X-Styles Mickhail Mills) v my friend (The X-Factor Joe Martini) in SvR2. We were the tag champs, but then we put the WHC on the line in a Chamber match. I won because he missed a Swanton off the top off one of the chambers, so he demanded a rematch.

Was a really good match with a lot of close calls. I almost got the pin with the Stretch Buster, but then he got me with a Piledriver, both close counts. He had been working on the legs all match, me working on the head. Well, I block a punch and go for my finisher (99 Crusher), but he blocks it and gets me with his own finisher (Walls of Jerico). Now, my legs and back were all the way red, and the end was near. BUT, the bell rang.

In the biggest screw job of all time we had a 30 Minute time limit draw while I was in the Walls and sure to lose.

In our rematch my legs were taking a beating again, so I made a loser move and put him in Sharpshooter near the ropes, he got them, but I got my self DQ’d on purpose.

Our next match went to another draw, then finally we did a No DQ, no time limit match. We had a war of high impact moves which is my characters specialty. So after a 99 Crusher and a Super Tigerbomb I had it won.

He still refuses to accept the defeat.

With the same friend we did HHH-Angle with me as HHH. I got him 7 minutes in with a sleeper. That was satisfying.

Another came in Smackdown 2. This was great for sheer ownage. Me and my cousin had our CAW’s v Taker and Kane. We started everyone out with full smackdown.

52 seconds into the match I hit Kane with 3 Super Powerbombs, the last one sending him out of the ring, to win via KO. The next match was ugly. Kane hit me with one Chokeslam 17 seconds into the match and it was over via KO.

Guest MrFill
It's impossible for me to have a match as good as that one with the Smackdown style gameplay which always disappoints me.

Try Day of Reckoning series on the GameCube - it's closer to No Mercy, and nowhere near as "arcadey" as the SmackDown games.