Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Who Will Win Money In The Bank?

Guest Marc McCann

Who Will Be Mr. Money In The Bank this year?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be Mr. Money In The Bank this year?

• Shelton Benjamin
    • Rob Van Dam
    • Ric Flair
    • Matt Hardy
    • Lashley
    • Finlay
    • No One, say no one will win because it's Triple H's night!!

Guest Marc McCann

i would have said RVD a few weeks ago, but i'm going to go for lashley!

got a bad feeling about flair though

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ravenmark

RVD or Ric Flair.

Intially Van Dam, because he's the only one who I think could be a legitimate Champion (or is at least ready for a main event push) and I also can see RVD vs HHH headliningat ECWONS2.

But then I think Flair with 'one last run on top' would go down a storm.

Hardy is not ready for a main event push (and may never be); Finlay could be a great heel challenger at some point down the line but not yet; Lashley is just too green; Benjamin is just a mid carder with a god awful gimmick and he has the IC title - I expect them to bury that title's legacy even more.

Edited by Ravenmark

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I think it should be RVD, but I have a feeling Flair will win it, as has been said alot backstage Tripple H and Flair are keen to work a feud over the title together, now wheather WWE will put the belt on Ric one last time thats up to them.

For me it's between Lashely, RVD and Flair

Lashley - MITB was won by a RAW guy last year so maybe it's Smackdowns turn. Lashley has a great look but is terrible on the stick. Unfortunately you need more than just a look to be a World Champion in present day. I'm sure his time will come, but i just hope it's not yet

Flair - just the whole fairytale of Flair possibly becoming champion again is a possibility. Not something i'd like to see though to be honest. Don't get me wrong, Flair can still put on a decent match with the right opponent, but putting him in the title picture would be a mistake in my book

RVD - Never been a fan but would actually be my pick to win it. If these rumours are correct, having HHH go to an ECW to defend the WWE title will give him MAJOR heat, especially amongst the smarks who think he's in there because of his stroke. The ECW scene is very much smark/mark and this would really wind them up. An excellent business decision should they go ahead with it

Guest Deviatic Trauma

Hopefully RVD. But I think he has to step up his game to be World heavyweight champ last time i saw him on TV ( I dont watch WWE much now). I think HHH vs RVD at ONS would be awesome. If he HHH did g to the Hammerstein Ballroom and defend the belt against RVD that would show how selfish Triple H really is. Which he isnt all too selfish, not like Jarrett or Hogan, at least he puts guys over and actually can still go, not that Hogan ever could but that's another story for another time.

It would be great if Shelton won it. The guy has soo much talent yet the stick him in a stupid gimmick. I wish they'd use Shelton better than they do, they were pushing him pretty strongly last year. What Happened?

Edited by Deviatic Trauma

Guest cenarules
I think RVD will win the match. Shelton Benjamin is the I.C. Champion, Finlay and Lashley are still pretty new, Flair is getting older, and I don't think the WWE wants to push Matt Hardy. Plus, ECW ONS is coming up in June.

Guest rhill22

THIS IS FLAIR'S MATCH!!!

I gotta run with Flair because he ready to leave the game! As a legend, do you actually think that the almighty VINCE would screw Flair? Look what Flair has done for the business. Hell, he SINGLE-HANDEDLY saved AWA back in the 80s (read your history books). And if it wasn't for Flair and The Horsemen, NWA NEVER would have became WCW, which means that WWE would not be what it is today!!!

As for a World Title shot... remember this!!! As soon as WM's over, there WILL be a WWE draft lottery to create new storylines and such. The World Title on Smackdown is The World Heavyweight Title and NO ONE has worn that strap more than "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair!!! He owns that hardware!!!

It's not hard to see the future when it's already foretold!!! (AWA = Larry Z., MidSouth = Steve "Dr. Death" Williams, WCCW = The Von Erichs)

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Guest GrayGray
Gone for Lashley, I really do hope Flair doesn't win it though. Partly due to how unrealistic the finish will be with him taking 35 minutes just to climb the ladder! :)

Guest DanielFullard

It is very difficult to judge in all honesty. They have went down the Heel route once before and realistically Edges use of MITB is perhaps the most effective, and only viable, Heel use for the MITB contract and I’m not sure having a Heel win again would provide the same boost to the worker it did to Edge and having had Edge parade around for 10 months calling himself Mr.Money in the Bank, I certainly see a face win and a quick cash-in as the best alternative to keep the concept fresh.

Shelton Benjamin - I’m not sure they would have the confidence in Shelton to push him that one step further. His future in terms of climbing up the WWE roster is still quite unpredictable. There is no doubt they are trying to inject more character into him and see how it gets over but I for one thing he will always make a good intercontinental Champion at best. Probably the most unlikely of the RAW guys to take the MITB

Rob Van Dam - If rumours are to be believed then RVD will win the match and cash it in at ONS. It seems like a pretty logical step to take to boost the ONS ppv and given RVD's "cult" following, especially in the ECW fan base. WWE I think have made it clear they don’t see RVD as one of their top guys. He will always be confined to the the midcard I feel, only being pushed to main event in situations like Elimination chamber and ONS. Since he has came back he has been sloppy and is gradually moving away from being the enjoyable worker he once was and he has certainly become Stale. A likely winner

Ric Flair – They haven’t half been teasing this. Is this just a tease to try and make people believe Flair is going over, or are they going to go with him as a main eventer a few more times? It’s hard to say. Look at the reaction when he nearly won the title in the ladder match with Edge! If any other worker in the upper mid card had gotten such a reaction when he was close to winning the title the WWE would push him. Flair being who he is a different kettle of fish. It would be a good “moment” if Flair were to win but realistically for the good of MITB in general Id like to see him be the courageous loser again rather than the winner

Matt Hardy – Probably the least chance in the match. Hardy, despite being buried week after week, is still over as hell and adored by the fans. Heck he even beat Rey at Taboo Tuesday in the poll! But WWE do not want to push him because of his past bad-mouthing of the company and although he is a good addition to the match and will be one of the main spot-guys with RVD and Shelton it is pointless for WWE to even tease the win for Matt as most of us wont buy it for a second.

Lashley – He will get his push eventually but how far will he go? I don’t think he will win MITB as he hasn’t really been booked in such a way lately that makes a win seem likely. His physical style will add something to the match and Im sure he will work well but not a likely win.

Finlay – Finlay has been a joy to watch since he has come back and has gotten over with ease. A good old-school Heel but no chance of going over here. In the match due to his feud with Lashley and will probably cost Lashley the match in some way.

If these rumours are correct' date=' having HHH go to an ECW event to defend the WWE title will give him MAJOR heat, especially amongst the smarks who think he's in there because of his stroke[/quote']

If he HHH did g to the Hammerstein Ballroom and defend the belt against RVD that would show how selfish Triple H really is

Told ya, didn't i? ;)

Guest PowerSlam

For me it's out of Van Dam or Flair.

I like Finlay but he's a mid-carder and that's the place for him. The same can be said for Shelton who's working his way up again after lots of jobbing late last year. Matt Hardy seems to be being buried at the moment, i know he's in this match but seriously he couldn't even defeat Road Warrior Animal by pinfall? He's just in there to make up the numbers and because he has a ladder match history. As for Lashley, i'm a fan of his but he is as green as St.Patricks day.

I'm going for Rob - Van - Dam.

If only for him to cash it in at One Night Stand and be squashed by Triple H. :roll

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity