Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

*** Official WrestleMania 22 PPV Discussion Thread ***

Kam

Wrestling Radio

This Sunday, be sure to check out Wrestling Radio Live, the UK-based internet show that comes to you live every Sunday from 7-9pm.

We're going BIG TIME as Wrestlemania 22 comes live from Chicago. Mitchell Jones and Colin Gear will be discussing the history of Wrestlemania, and taking your calls for predictions and discussions. Calling us couldn't be easier (001-815 345 4922). We'll also be running down the week that was and releasing information on our new look website. We may also have a few more surprises in store, but one thing for sure is that it will be the perfect lead-in to the BIG TIME Wrestlemania quiz in the chatroom.

To check out the show, head over to http://www.wrestlingradio.co.uk or http://www.ghettoradio.us and click the "Listen" button.

That's Wrestling Radio Live, tonight at 7pm UK time.

PPV Quiz & Chat

WWE Wrestlemania BIG TIME PPV Quiz And Chat- Sunday 2nd April: With Prizes!

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/9744/wm9vn.jpg

Join us on Sunday 2nd April from 9pm UK time for the Wrestlemania BIG TIME PPV Quiz and Chat in the TWO Chatroom.

As is the norm these days, the evening's activities are scheduled to begin immediantly following the 7-9pm broadcast of Wrestling Radio Live. The quiz lasts from 9pm-10pm, while the PPV chat will take place from 10pm-1am

BIG TIME PPV Quiz

The Quiz will take place from 9pm-10pm in the Quiz Room. The leaderboard looks to be up to date, and you'll find all you need to know about how the quiz works right here:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/wrestling-quiz.php

To celebrate Wrestlemania 22's Gabriel-esq theme, the TWO chatroom will be going BIG TIME on April 2nd! You can't afford to miss the BIG TIME Quiz, featuring questions on the history of Wrestlemania, and a whole lot more. Your BIG TIME Quizmaster will be BIG TIME Russ, so expect some BIG TIME questions.

Anyone can take part in the quiz, you do not need to register, just turn up in the Quiz Room at 9pm (UK Time).

BIG TIME PPV Chat

The BIG TIME PPV Chat will take place after the quiz, from 10pm to 1am (UK Time). Talk to fellow TWO users about the PPV, and give your thoughts on each match! Can John Cena overcome Triple H? Will Kurt Angle be able to hold onto his World Heavyweight title against Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio? What else are you looking forward to? Discuss it in the TWO Chatrooms!

BIG TIME Prizes courtesy of Silvervision

When we celebrate at TWO, we don't do things by half. That's why we're going to BIG TIME lengths to get in the mood for Wrestlemania. Thanks to our friends at http://www.SilverVision.co.uk, we have five WWE DVDs to give away. To win all you have to do is be in the chatrooms during the PPV Chat, which will start from 10pm (UK Time). A question will be asked sometime during the chat, you will have to send your answer via email to the email address given (it will be given during the chat). 5 Random winners will be chosen from those with the correct answers. For more information, click on the link below

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/ppv-chat.php

So don't miss out on a night of fun (and prizes), join us for the Talk Wrestling Online Wrestlemania BIG TIME Quiz and Chat! Don't forget, WWE Wrestlemania takes place on Sunday 2nd April, and the evening's activities begin at 9pm following Wrestling Radio Live, starting with the BIG TIME Quiz. We'll see you there, in the BIG TIME chatroom! :xyx

PPV Prediction League

Post your predictions below – anyone can enter!

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29443

Please remember to keep the same username you used previously!

Matches

• WWE Championship:
    John Cena vs. Triple H
  • World Heavyweight Championship:
    Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio
  • No Holds Barred Match:
    Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels
  • Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
    RVD vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair vs. Finlay vs. Matt Hardy vs. Lashley
  • Casket Match:
    Undertaker vs. Mark Henry
  • Hardcore Match:
    Edge vs. Mick Foley
  • United States Championship:
    Chris Benoit vs. JBL
  • World Tag Team Championship:
    Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito
  • Women's Championship:
    Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James
  • Playboy Pillow Fight:
    Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle
  • Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell

How to order the PPV

UK:

WWE WrestleMania 22 will be LIVE on Sky Box Office. Press the 'box office' button and follow the on-screen instructions - just make sure your telephone line is connected before you order.

Or you can just ring 08705 800 888 to order.

Price: £14.95

USA:

See WWE.com - WrestleMania 22

:xyx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestling 101 WrestleMania Articles:

Wrestling 101 has been updated with some excellent Wrestlemania-related articles...

T3C: The History of WrestleMania

When it's time for Wrestlemania, everything else fades into insignificance. We need escapism in this world, we need great entertainment and to watch great athletes. Wrestlemania is all that and more. In a Three Count special, it's time to look back over the history of the event that changed wrestling forever...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/ttc/297/

T3C: WWE WrestleMania 22 Preview

So it’s time for the biggest show of the year, Wrestlemania 22 is upon us and boy is Vince desperate to get buy rates this year. Posters, adverts, you name it, everything is aimed at getting us to buy a show that includes a pillow fight and The Boogeyman. Good luck Vince. Anyway on with the preview beginning with the matches from Raw, then the Smackdown matches and ending with the inter-promotional Can Someone help Flair down from the ladder match...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/ttc/790/

GB&U: WWE WrestleMania 22 Predictions

Rumours have been surrounding the wrestling world that something BIG TIME is going to happen this weekend. I am here to tell you that is not true. It will not just be BIG TIME, because it’s on it’s way, it’s making it, it’s gonna make it show, it’s so much larger than life, and we’re going to watch it growing. It’s big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big. It’s WrestleMania 22, and here are my predictions...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/chris/791/

TLW: WWE WrestleMania 22 Predictions

Well hello. It’s been a while and yet still things stay the same. Triple H is in the main event at WrestleMania, and there are no Cruiserweights on the card either. Huzzah! OK, maybe the Cruiserweight deal is understandable, given that Gregory Helms is injured...but still. Hell, even the Smackdown tag champs can’t even get on the card… but I digress. See? Some things don’t change...On with the card...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/TonyC/792/

Also...heres a few special ones from previous years:

WWF WrestleMania VII Classic Review

Its Wrestlemania time again folks, time to dust of the Wrestlemania Videos (or DVD’s) and satisfy yourself with some great ‘Mania nostalgia in the build up to the big event. Wrestlemania has provided so many great moments and matches in its 20 year history, I always find it hard to pick a definitive moment that I can truly say is my favourite. However, one of my top ten ‘Mania moments came right here at this Wrestlemania, so without further a do, lets look at Wrestlemania VII...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/FTV/599/

Rockin’ the House: The Ten Greatest WrestleMania Matches

Nothing in the pro wrestling industry summarises March as much as WWE’s WrestleMania. Many a-historic moment has taken place at the annual March pay-per-view. From Shawn Michaels’ ascension to the top at WrestleMania XII going over Bret Hart for the WWE title, to the Owen over Bret match at WrestleMania X...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/USGuests/302/

WWF WrestleMania VIII Classic Review

1992 was a pretty lousy year overall for WWE and Vince McMahon; the first rumblings of the forthcoming steroid and sex scandal was brewing, and numerous workers were on the way out by WrestleMania VIII. Indeed, this show was the swan song for Roddy Piper, Sid Justice and Hulk Hogan, who would be off WWE television for most of the rest of the year...

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/FTV/301/

WWF WrestleMania X Classic Review

For most fans of the WWE, this time of the year has to be the most exciting as we all wait in anticipation for one the biggest date in the wrestling calendar, Wrestlemania! Since 1985 Wrestlemania has been the jewel in the crown of the WWE, providing some of the most memorable matches and moments in wrestling history. As the WWE celebrate the 20th Wrestlemania, I have decided to go back 10 years and look at Wrestlemania X “10 years in the making” and look at how that event shaped up…

> http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/FTV/296/

:xyx

Guest Brick
WOOOOOO! I am PSYCHED! Tomorrow's gonna be awesome, I'm off to see 'Inside Man', eat Colonel, then see 'Mania with my mates! It's gonna be sweet.

Guest Wolverine

Just so that no-one thinks that this year's WrestleMania is predictable ...

As far as what is going to happen at Mania, just yesterday alone, they changed major match results and finishes five times. It was crazy as Vince just kept changing his mind and the indecisiveness has made any post-Mania planning almost impossible. People involved are "losing their minds" as stressful as it has become.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

Nice to see that Vince knows what he's doing ...

Edge vs Foley is going to be AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!!!!!!! Cant wait for Mania!

Edit-Holy Crap! Just thought of this! If the (main) main event is HHH vs Cena and either man win what if one of the MITB winners come out and use it like Edge did!? That would be a most excellent WM moment because almost no one wants HHH or Cena to be champ. Probably wont happen but just a thought.

Edited by yoyo

John Cena vs. Triple H

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio

Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels

RVD vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair vs. Finlay vs. Matt Hardy vs. Lashley

The Undertaker. Mark Henry

Edge vs. Mick Foley

Chris Benoit vs. JBL

Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito

Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle

Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell

I can't believe so many people arn't looking forward to this 'Mania. Considering every mens match on the card, features an ex-World Champion, if you include companies owned by WWE, and each and every match is either for a title, or is gimmicked.

What went wrong? I think the build up for most matches has been great aswell. All the major matches have been built up well, and unlike most shows, none of the matches seem to be fillers either. The build up has been done better thanlast years, and many before that aswell.

Is it the lack of a huge match? I would of liked to have seen something to make the show special, but I really don't see why so few people are hyped, and are buying it because it is 'WrestleMania'.

I personally can't wait - Really looking forward to this years.

Guest Y2James
Im a bit pissed off now due to SKY not letting me SKY+ this event but apparently I can still record it onto tape.

It's BIG TIME baby!!! So excited for this,even though there was some problems with me ordering this WM and it's looking doubtful i'll see it,i'm still excited simply because it's WrestleMania.

Im a bit pissed off now due to SKY not letting me SKY+ this event but apparently I can still record it onto tape.

I'm looking at my Sky Box Office page right now decidcing whether to order or not, it's clearly telling me to press select to order or R to record.

Guest MojoPogo
Edge vs Foley is going to be AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!!!!!!! Cant wait for Mania!

Edit-Holy Crap! Just thought of this! If the (main) main event is HHH vs Cena and either man win what if one of the MITB winners come out and use it like Edge did!? That would be a most excellent WM moment because almost no one wants HHH or Cena to be champ. Probably wont happen but just a thought.

How about if RVD did it? That would rock like, well, a cliff really! In my opinion at least.:xyx

Guest Da Showstoppa

The last music playing at Wrestlemania 22 will be "Time To Play the Game" by Motorhead, and the last thing you'll see is Triple H raising his belt.

I guarandamn-tee it :devil

Mike

What went wrong? I think the build up for most matches has been great aswell. All the major matches have been built up well' date=' and unlike most shows, none of the matches seem to be fillers either. The build up has been done better thanlast years, and many before that aswell.[/quote']

No, it hasn't. It's been probably the worst build-up for any Wrestlemania ever. Last year had a main event built since around November the year before, a marquee match with two wrestling 'legends' and the returns of Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan. This year has two very poorly built title matches, no returns, and only two matches that've had any substantial build-up, one of which is a womens match that immediately makes certain people not care simply because it's women involved.

Put it this way - I'm a huge Cena fan, and I couldn't give a toss about him vs. HHH. Blame HHH for that one.

Guest DanielFullard

I wouldnt go that far Draven. I expect Mania will be a great show tonight and Im looking forward to just about every match for one reason or another....

As for how well mania has been built....

John Cena vs. Triple H - Has been built superbly well given the relatively short space of time since HHH became No.1 contendor. There is a real buzz for this match proof of which lies in the great crowd reactions it has been getting. Keeping them apart until the last 1-2 weeks really boosted things and this could be the start of a good rivarly.

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - Has had over 2 months building and is poised nicely. They have built up the friction between the two faces now, even though Fridays match was unneccesary, and Orton has been on fire lately which has really boosted this feud.

Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels - This has been simmering for ages and booked well in my view. Its taken time to develop and really is and easily has a strong enough build up to be worthy of a match at the biggest night of the year.

RVD vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair vs. Finlay vs. Matt Hardy vs. Lashley - The match sells itself really and although there is a nice feud or two in there - Finlay/Lashely and Shelton/Ric/RVD, the concept of these 6 men in a ldder match sells itself

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry - Due to Taker not working TV week in week out this one has suffered. They have done a great job in getting Henry over as an unstoppable monster. Its a shame its Mania as we all know the result

Edge vs. Mick Foley - Could have benefited from having Foley the guest ref at the Rumble and building from there but still thanks to Foley looking back on form and Edges usual brilliance, plus the sheer anticipation of how good this can be, this has had ample build up for the third "biggest" Raw match.

Chris Benoit vs. JBL - This has had a weak build up really but it should be an interesting match nonetheless

Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito - They saved this on Monday with a few good segments and Im looking forward to see how Carlito and Masters are going to cheat thier way to the titles

Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - The best booked WWE feud in the past 12 months and well worthy of a place at Mania. They worked a match-to-suit-the-storyline at New Years Revolution but this time the style will be more aggressive and this could be a very good match

Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle - Well they had to have Candice on the show somehow didnt they

Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell - Booker T has been absolutely brilliant over the course of this feud and so has Sharmell. Its been as well built as possible with a character like the Boogeyman

To say it is the worst Booked Mania ever Draven is forgetting the horrible booking from Manias 9-13

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity