Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

The Most Foolish Finishers!

Guest Dtmassiv

Guest Dtmassiv
My vote goes to Jeff Jarretts 'The Stoke' Its one of the weakest foolish looking finishers Ive ever seen! I mean as TNAs top heel he should have a decent looking finisher. Whats y'alls?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
The Pounce is equally lame. But i really do think The Worm is the worst finish ever, after all its basically a fancily package "punch" to the throat!

Guest Dtmassiv
The Pounce is equally lame. But i really do think The Worm is the worst finish ever' date=' after all its basically a fancily package "punch" to the throat![/quote']

I agree with Scotty (should have fired YEARS AGO!) 2 Hotty but must say The Pounce is quite a good finisher. Got a great build up to it, looks powerful, the fans always know when its coming and never always going to know whos he gonna 'POOUUUNNNNCEEEEE... PERIOD!'

Guest MojoPogo
I agree with Scotty (should have fired YEARS AGO!) 2 Hotty but must say The Pounce is quite a good finisher. Got a great build up to it' date=' looks powerful, the fans always know when its coming and never always going to know whos he gonna 'POOUUUNNNNCEEEEE... PERIOD!'[/quote']

But its a SHOULDER BLOCK! C'mon, i want my finisher to be exactly that, a move that finishes opponents! Like the Tombstone, or F5, my favourites! The peoples elbow also sucked, in terms of effectiveness, but because its a spectacle......you see where im coming ffrom?

Guest MrFill

The Pounce - JUST a Shoulder Block.

The Worm - 20 second build up to a Chop.

People's Elbow - 20 second build up to an Elbow Drop.

Big Boot (apart from Test's) - you're holding your foot up while people run into it!

Cross Body - it's a mid-match move at best.

DDT - nobody should job to a DDT these days.

Scissor Kick - they never land on their heads, and have got to stand for 20 seconds in the "bent over" position.

Hogan's Leg Drop - come on, it's a LEG DROP!

I'm sure I can think of more.

Guest Dave7g
They are still better than "The Legdrop of Doom". It's a legdrop for goodness sake. The worm is about as devastating as a fight with Westlife. The peoples elbow is stu-pid. The 619 is just really crappy, if he ditched the lame phoney setup it would be ok. Tomkos finisher was the knockout Big Boot )to the chst usually). There are lots of crappy moves in wrestling. JBL's chlothesline fom Paul O'gradys purse springs to mind. Stan Hansen is laughing.

Guest Dtmassiv

Antihero: Im still sticking to my guns The Pounce is more than a shoulder block its... erm... THE POUNCE... PER... oh ive said that already! Im not burning Rhyno but what would you call The Goar?

Mr.Frill I also HATE scissor kicks! I mean who is gonna bend down for 5-10 seconds just to get kincked at the back of the head! Who ever made that up is a DUR-BRAIN!

The Stroke, the Canadian Destoryer (still looks so incredibly fake, and now it's worse since SCOTT D'EATMORE THE FAT GIT has done one. Way to protect a finisher, knobend), the worm, 5-knuckle shuffle, the legdrop (moreso in this day and age), etc etc etc

I love the canadian destroyer, it atill looks awesome everytime I see it. The pounce looks powerfull IMO.

worst ever has to be between The Worm, and Hogans Leg Drop, the Leg Drop winning as the worst I think, Hogan sucks in the ring anyways, always has, so it fitting he have a pooh finisher. I agree as said here, finishers should be devastating like the F5, Pedigree, Gore, etc, I cringe when show & Kane do the choke slam, when they support the victim all the way up, and all the way down....not very devastating, DDT's still rock. I used to love submissions like the crossface, and sharpshooter, but over time they also suck I think. I like Lashleys Dominator, and the Twist Of Fate performed by both Matt & Lita still rocks. All not as good as the perfect plex of course, although Brocks F5 was awesome, I remember seeing him perform it on Kurt Angle (can't remember which PPV) and I thought Kurt was gonna go through the mat lol

Guest Dtmassiv
The Stroke' date=' the Canadian Destoryer (still looks so incredibly fake, and now it's worse since SCOTT D'EATMORE THE FAT GIT has done one. Way to protect a finisher, knobend), the worm, 5-knuckle shuffle, the legdrop (moreso in this day and age), etc etc etc[/quote']

Canadian Destoryer to me is one of the best looking finisher ive seen but it depends who he does it too ie when he does it to AJ Styles it looks perfect because he knows how to sell it. Get me? And when did THAT PHAT CANADIAN BEAR Scott (would like to) Eatmore do it?

The Pounce - Like people have said, its just a Shoulder Black performed by someone alittle more muscley than others

The People Elbow - Ok, i'll admit, i mark out when the Rock does it, but its just not finisher material, but you cant deny the move is over.

The Styles Clash - a really rubbish move, equally as bad as the....

...FU - a firemans carry slam, yeh he got the move over, but its still rubbish.

Canadian Destoryer to me is one of the best looking finisher ive seen but it depends who he does it too ie when he does it to AJ Styles it looks perfect because he knows how to sell it. Get me? And when did THAT PHAT CANADIAN BEAR Scott (would like to) Eatmore do it?

Do it? He (apparently) showed Petey how to do it. Apparently he was a good worker at one point.

But he isn't anymore. He's a manager who should NEVER be doing his clients finisher, especially when it's as over (but still insanely fake looking) as the Destroyer.

http://images5.fotki.com/v80/photos/2/296498/2198387/IMG_0175-vi.jpg

JBL's chlothesline fom Paul O'gradys purse springs to mind. Stan Hansen is laughing.

JBL's clothesline rocks. It looks miles better than Hansen's rather lazy looking standing lariat. JBL follows through with his clotheslines and they look well more devastating (though I don't doubt Hansen's lariat was stiff as a board).

Guest Dave7g
Do it? He (apparently) showed Petey how to do it. Apparently he was a good worker at one point.

But he isn't anymore. He's a manager who should NEVER be doing his clients finisher, especially when it's as over (but still insanely fake looking) as the Destroyer.

http://images5.fotki.com/v80/photos/2/296498/2198387/IMG_0175-vi.jpg

I love the Destroyer, it's a special moment when he hits it. The 619 is even phonier than the Destroyer.

Guest Slim Jim

The ones JBL did to that jobber last week looked decapitatingly painful.

The Canadian Destroyer looks good, but Coach D'amore shouldn't do it because it's meant to be an almost impossbile move only do-able by the best of the X-Division. He did it at the TNA house show, and should never EVER do it on TV.

Guest carlito is cool
Going back a few years The Bezerker used to pick guys up and chuck them over the top rope for a count out victory. Crush used to apply a really weak looking head vice. Tatanka had the Samoan drop and a very weak one at that and Jim Duggans 4 point stance (running clothesline) was dreadful. As for more up to date finishers the Sweet Chin Music is over but is essentially a kick. The Boogeymans Pump handle slam looks crap. I agree with whoever mentioned the whole Scissors kick routine the whole being bent over for 10 seconds before hand is ridiculous. The Canadian Destroyer looks spectactular but is far to unrealistic for my liking, the pounce is decent though a guy with Montys physique and NFL background give it a bit of legitimacy.

Guest The Beltster

The only foolish finishers are ones that the fans dont believe in and buy into. There are tons of people here ragging on Hogans legdrop, but for fans watching, once he drops it, they believe (99% of the time) its over, 1-2-3, so its a good finish.

Others that are foolish are ones that you can blatantly tell the opponent has to jump or something to make it work, like the Canadian Destroyer which is stupid.

Guest Hemme

I like The Pounce!

Anyways, the worst for me is the 619, it looks too fake with the whole set up, with the guy falling in the ropes & staying there.

I'm also not a fan of Hogans legdrop, I mean, dude, it's a LEG DROP.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity