Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA Tapings Spoilers.....Big News!

Guest DanielFullard

Guest DanielFullard

They have put the X-Division title back on Joe!

Now I didn't see this coming at all.

From 411mania.com...

*Samoa Joe defeated Christopher Daniels to regain the X-Division championship after a musclebuster off the ropes in about 18 minutes. After the match, the lights went out and Sabu's theme music played. It will be Joe vs. Sabu at Lockdown will be for the X-Division title.

I'm not sure I see much point it giving the belt back to Joe so soon. I thought Joe would be moving away from the X-Division title and towards the main event for the next few months but obviously not. Surely he is going over Sabu at Lockdown, so it looks like we are in for another run with Joe as X-Division champion

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest batistaboy
I hope they dont make joe the "jarret" of the x-division, pretty much holding the title for time and losing it for a very small period

Guest Danny Styles

I think that they have done this because Liger can't make the match vs daniels at lockdown so instead of putting a worthy opponent like Sabin, they decide to give it to Joe

personnaly i think it's stupid and the X division should be moved away from Joe and Aj and left to the other workhorses of the division

Guest MrFill
personnaly i think it's stupid and the X division should be moved away from Joe and Aj and left to the other spot monkies of the division

There, fixed that for you. :)

Guest Deviatic Trauma
hey, what about Shelley, Aries, Strong and Lethal, they are talented, Shelley probably one of the most talented in TNA, i think his X title reign is long overdue

Guest Danny Styles
There' date=' fixed that for you. :)[/quote']

so you're calling Alex Shelley, Austin Aries, Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin all spot monkeys???

Dutt is but all the otehrs have so much more to their game

Guest MrFill

I REALLY like Ariel, Strong, Shelley and a few others, but Lethal has been turned into a Jobber, so he's not a "threat".

But come on, most of the X-D just are just spot workers - Dutt is the worst of them.

Guest DanielFullard

I mentioned this a while ago but Ill make the point again. AJ Styles, Daniels and Joe have done a perfect job of raising the X-Division to a level it has never previously reached. Now though I feel the time is right to move these workers away from the X-Division and move them into the main event scene. This way it gets thatall important cycle going of pushing stars to the top and given the status the X-Division has now achieved TNA have the perfect mechanism with which to provide platform for the next generation of main eventers. By introducing a new breed of stars such as Shelley, Aries, Sabin maybe etc into the fold and making them the stars of the Division, TNA keep the cycle going of producing their “own” stars rather than relying on the tried and tested has-beens.

18 minutes of Joe vs Daniels sounds like a fine way to spend 18 minutes to me.

Usually TNA have 3 squash matches, 17 interviews, a Don West assault and 2 Jarrett angles in that time

Edited by Paul

More proof TNA doesn't have a clue when it comes to booking.

Whether he directly lost the belt or not, Joe losing it, made him look weak. So then, why would he win in back 3 or 4 weeks later? It takes away any credibility the X-Division once had, even after everyone other than AJ, Daniels or Joe being jobbed out. It gives the impression Joe could take the title, whenever he wanted to, so how are we meant to take Daniels seriously, who has beaten eveyone else on the roster aswell?

I don't understand at all. Aside from giving the belt back to Joe, who should never have lost it in the first place, I don't see any positives from this. More shoddy, 'on the fly' booking probably.

And for the record, only Joe, Daniels and Styles have been given a chance to actually wrestle, so even though some of the other X-Division competitors can wrestle, they arn't being given a chance to, and work a 'spot monkey' style, so in TNA, they are 'spot monkeys'.

Guest DanielFullard
Whether he directly lost the belt or not, Joe losing it, made him look weak. So then, why would he win in back 3 or 4 weeks later?

I agree with that although maybe, and chances are, the switch took place due to the Liger match being cancelled. But then again,moving the belt to Joe just to make sure the X-Division title is involved in one of the main matches at Lockdown doesn't seem like a very good move. I'm puzzled as to why they have done this. If it is a spontaneous decision due to Liger its still a mistake, if it was the plan all along then it raises questions about TNA's booking even more

It takes away any credibility the X-Division once had

I wouldn't go that far. It has cheapened Daniels win and the ending of Joes winning streak but thats taking it a bit far

Guest Dave7g
Usually TNA have 3 squash matches' date=' 17 interviews, a Don West assault and 2 Jarrett angles in that time[/quote']

They have 42 minutes, what else can they do?

Guest DanielFullard
They have 42 minutes' date=' what else can they do?[/quote']

:lol

I don't want to get into the old debate about how TNA misuse thier 42 minutes of TV....but I must say that they have been making better use of it recently but its still far from reaching its potential

Guest Dave7g
I'm sure they would...if they had the 8 or 9 hours the 'E' has every week. They certainly excell when they have 3 hours on PPV.

Guest DanielFullard
I'm sure they would...if they had the 8 or 9 hours the 'E' has every week. They certainly excell when they have 3 hours on PPV.

Well, let's save this debate for another day. All Ill say for now is that the PPV’s could be so much better if the TV build up was used right

Well' date=' let's save this debate for another day. All Ill say for now is that the PPV’s could be so much better if the TV build up was used right[/quote']

Yawn. Such as?

Guest horsemansmiler

im really confused with joe and the strap like it was said i can only think they panicked and gave it back to joe when liger pulled out.

while we on the taping results i like spike dudley returning to help team 3d(although he dosnt look as cool without his mop hair and glasses) but im sorta worried bout stings team???? maybe its just me

think what tna is doing is good and im tired of them getting heat for things

More proof TNA doesn't have a clue when it comes to booking.

Whether he directly lost the belt or not, Joe losing it, made him look weak.

So how else would he lose it then Jack? Oh yeah...via pinfall which would ahve made him look worse. :roll

So then, why would he win in back 3 or 4 weeks later? It takes away any credibility the X-Division once had, even after everyone other than AJ, Daniels or Joe being jobbed out. It gives the impression Joe could take the title, whenever he wanted to, so how are we meant to take Daniels seriously, who has beaten eveyone else on the roster aswell?

Perhaps the original plan was to have Joe Vs sabu for the X belt but they changed it as thats one of the conditions for Lygers participation, but becouse of Lygers having to pull out (whyever that was) they reverted back to the first idea. Besides its not as though WWE havent done this enough times!

And for the record, only Joe, Daniels and Styles have been given a chance to actually wrestle, so even though some of the other X-Division competitors can wrestle, they arn't being given a chance to, and work a 'spot monkey' style, so in TNA, they are 'spot monkeys'.

Really? Most of the X guys I have seen on multiplr shows besides TNA, and they were just as bad! Dutt was actually worse when allowed to do his own thing entirelly!

So how else would he lose it then Jack? Oh yeah...via pinfall which would ahve made him look worse. :roll
Yeah' date=' but actually have it mean something, when he does lose. When Joe lost the title, it made him look weaker, and then next week, he wins the belt back, and what has been achieved? nothing at all. If he had lost via pinfall, and put someone over, that would fo been the way to lose the Title the proper way. Instead, Joe looked weak, and in winning it back a short while after, made the X-Division title look worthless.
Perhaps the original plan was to have Joe Vs sabu for the X belt but they changed it as thats one of the conditions for Lygers participation, but becouse of Lygers having to pull out (whyever that was) they reverted back to the first idea. Besides its not as though WWE havent done this enough times!
I don't see why that would be needed though. If that was the case, it's not as if Lyger has a chance of winning, I don't think. He's such a small name to TNA's current audience, I highly doubt they would switch the title around just for his sake, when he adds nothng to the product.

If it was NJPW who wanted this to happen, then TNA are at fault again. Why would they be willing ot bend over backwards for a company who will be dead by the end of the year, and have two wrestlers who would benefit their product (Brock Lesnar and Giant Bernard)?

Really? Most of the X guys I have seen on multiplr shows besides TNA' date=' and they were just as bad! Dutt was actually worse when allowed to do his own thing entirelly![/quote']Yeah, some are awful. I think though, the likes of Austin Aries, and Jay Lethal who have been great in ROH, PWG, JAPW etc, are toning down their wrestling skills, to fit in a stupid amount of spots, in such a short amount of time. The main one in particular for me, was Roderick Strong. I'd personally put him over all the talent in TNA, including the top 3 from the X-Division. Although lacking on the mic, he is a lot better in the ring, than anyone expect Daniels and Joe, yet the only thing he has done, has been backbreakers, and the odd tag team move.

That goes back to TNA not using the talent properly, and short term booking ideas.

Yeah' date=' but actually have it mean something, when he does lose. When Joe lost the title, it made him look weaker, and then next week, he wins the belt back, and what has been achieved? nothing at all. [/quote']

Now I agree with what you are saying about it being the 'proper' way. However as shown with Kurt in WWE (just as the obvious example) its a great way to have your guy drop and still look great. It was a match obviously geared against joe and by losing it added a sense of realism to the belt i felt.

If it was NJPW who wanted this to happen, then TNA are at fault again. Why would they be willing ot bend over backwards for a company who will be dead by the end of the year, and have two wrestlers who would benefit their product (Brock Lesnar and Giant Bernard)?

Yeah, it was just a possible idea of why it happened, but come one, remember the reports of (God I feel stupid bringing up WWE all the time) Vince changing his mind over 5 times about the Mania Main events the weekend before the show! A MUCH more stupid booking thing as its the highlight of the year.

Yeah, some are awful. I think though, the likes of Austin Aries, and Jay Lethal who have been great in ROH, PWG, JAPW etc, are toning down their wrestling skills, to fit in a stupid amount of spots, in such a short amount of time. The main one in particular for me, was Roderick Strong. I'd personally put him over all the talent in TNA, including the top 3 from the X-Division. Although lacking on the mic, he is a lot better in the ring, than anyone expect Daniels and Joe, yet the only thing he has done, has been backbreakers, and the odd tag team move.

That goes back to TNA not using the talent properly, and short term booking ideas.

Yeah on those guys I agree, but I think thats more a case of those guys realising that the more mainstream fans need a slightly less showy performance of technical skills than the ROH ones......

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity