Fan Clubs (beta)

Revolution to keep you up at NiGHTS?

Guest Clarkey

Guest Clarkey
This weeks edition of Japanese gaming Bible Famitsu had quite a few interesting tidbits, including their reviews of Tetris DS and the long, long awaited Mother 3 (both received scores of 9/9/8/9), but probably the most exciting bit of all was buried in a 'rumor' section. It's worth noting before we go on that the rumours section of Famitsu is usually more of an 'insider secrets' section, and more often then not what they report there is entirely true.

The word on the street is that Sega's Sonic team has been working days and 'nights' on what may just be many people's reason to buy a Revolution. That's right - a sequel to the Sega Saturn classic NiGHTS Into Dreams is allegedly in the works for Nintendo's upcoming console. Famitsu's sources claim that Sonic Team had planned a sequel years ago for the Dreamcast, and it would have come with a “tilt sensor” controller, but they had to drop the project due to the untimely death of the great console. The Revolution's 3D controller will be able to do what Sonic Team was hoping for and more, so we could finally see the continued adventures of Elliot and Claris. Mother 3 released, a good Tomb Raider sequel and a Dragon Quest game PAL localised? If Duke Nukem Forever turns up at E3 we'll be looking over our shoulders for the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

We are of course hoping for more on NiGHTS 2at E3, so stay tuned for PALGN's extensive coverage of what may be the biggest event in video game history so far (that's your hyperbole quota for the month. – Ed).

Written by David Low

Its spreading like wildfire all over the 'net, no doubt Famitsu's intention but I just wish, hope, nay pray that this rumour is true.

Guest MojoPogo
*faints* If that happens, and i do mean IF, i will officially do a backflip (pretty hard for a fat bloke!) and order a rev immediately! Nights???? Oh....hell......yeah!

Guest Andrew
Oh My God, I can't believe I missed this thread yesterday!! I so hope this is true. I'd be getting a Revolution anyway but this would be worth getting one just for it!

Guest MojoPogo
But really, if they release Streets of Rage, all bets are off.......in my opinion. It was, and still is, my favourite game of all time, and i would love to hear Mr Suzuki's glorious tunes in dolby surround. Bring it!

Guest Andrew
Of games from the Saturn era I'd far prefer a true sequal to Panzer Dragoon Saga or even for Shenmue 3 to reach the light of day.

I totally agree with you right there. I'd love to see another Panzer Dragoon game as well as Shenmue 3, that being said though. I don't think Panzer Dragoon Orta sold all that well on the XBOX so might have put them off making another game which is a damn shame. Shenmue 3 though, a lot of people are wishing for an announcement on this game and I'm one of them. Sega damn sure knew how to make games, they were at one time right up there with Nintendo but their form has slipped majorly in recent years. I do hope they pull their thumbs out soon though and start giving us games we want to play and not another Sonic title which have seriously gone down hill since Sonic Adventue 1.

Guest Andrew
I actually fired my Saturn up the other night after people were talking about old Saturn games in the what you buying next thread. I had a quick go on NiGHTS and was still able to pull in an A grade on my first try. Classic Stuff all though my Saturn scart lead is kinda buggered now. I'll have to invest in a new one when I get paid next week.

Guest MrFill

They also need to do another version of DAYTONAAAAA~! but the original version, not the re-release where they messed up the handling.

Can you imagine taking a HD horse around the courses? :D

Guest MojoPogo
They also need to do another version of DAYTONAAAAA~! but the original version, not the re-release where they messed up the handling.

Can you imagine taking a HD horse around the courses? :D

GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES! ROLLIIIIING STAAAAART! Ah. Bliss. Classic game!:xyx