Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

*** Official RAW Thread - 1st May 2006 ****

Kam

Preview:

Who's The Champ?

May 1, 2006

There are so many questions swirling around heading into Backlash, but by the time RAW hits the air Monday night, they will all be answered. Perhaps the biggest question heading into the pay-per-view is who will emerge from Backlash as the WWE Champion. John Cena is no stranger to being the underdog, but he’ll have to defend the WWE Championship against both Triple H and Edge in a Triple Threat Match. It’s possible that The Champ can lose the gold without even being involved in the decision of the match. Will Cena be able to overcome the odds once again and emerge victorious?

Plus, one of the most dominating tag teams in WWE history will be doing battle against each other. As of late, Kane hasn’t been himself, and has been experiencing psychotic fits of rage any time someone mentions the release date of his new movie See No Evil – May 19. Big Show has mentioned the date a couple of times, causing Kane to lose it, and attack his former partner. Will Kane continue his path of destruction at Backlash?

And the new Mr. Money in the Bank, Rob Van Dam, will be looking to add the Intercontinental Championship to his trophy case. In order to get an opportunity at Shelton Benjamin’s Championship, though, RVD has to put up his Money in the Bank Championship opportunity as well. Someone will emerge from Backlash as both the Intercontinental Champion and Mr. Money in the Bank, but who will it be?

The Women’s Championship will also be on the line at Backlash as Mickie James defends her gold against Trish Stratus. Mickie defeated Trish at WrestleMania 22, but can she pick up another win, this time as the champion?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Great Ahmar

Raw is going to be very intertesting. Cena still champ what will happen with him? D-X to finally reform? Vince calls out god again? Kane crazy again?

RVD has to drop the IC belt if he is going to win the World title, maybe he will lose it tonight. but can't see that happening.

Will be watching Raw, WHo will announce the show is what i want to know.

Guest SuperKick Kid
I'm seeing possible triple threat rematch. HBK and HHH have to reform DX at some point, maybe not tonight, but sometime between now and the next Raw PPV or at the next Raw PPV. Benjamin and RVD rematch? Ladder match for the I-C title? Maybe. Possible start of ECW storyline. I'm really expecting something BIG to happen tonight.

I always love RAW's the night after PPV's because thats when WWE sets the bar for the weeks & months too come, although Trish has a shoulder injuury, judging by the ending of the match last night the Trish/Mickie fued isnt over, which is abit strange because that fued has been going for 6 months already, its an awesome fued, but it needs to end, i;d like to see WWE bring in Molly Holly to fued with Mikie, as i said WWE normally set the bar the night after PPV's so bringing Molly back to fued with Mickie would be awesome.

I agree with Perfect, I aint a fan of womens matches really, but Molly Holly is great IMO.

They need to get Lita back on the scene with the title, and also maybe Victoria.

I feel a possible Re-Match with HHH,Cena,Edge happening, with HHH Taking the title, but this is wishful thinking, I understand why Vince is milking the Cena Reign though, full of controversy I bet Vince loves every minute of it (and every Dollar).

Guest Down In Albion

I'm not looking forward to RAW this week.

The champ will be there, unfortunetly.

Edited by Down In Albion

Guest CoTT
RAW will probably just be a filler episode this week seeing as they don't have another PPV now for a good few weeks. Isn't ECW ONS2 next? I suppose they could get started on incorporating that into storylines. I'm not crazy about it to be honest. The PPV itself should be good but the build-up hype on RAW will probably be more lame rubbish.

Guest Dan

Updated Preview :

The Champ is still here as Monday Night RAW heads into Columbus, Ohio tonight.

As first reported on WWE's new Mobile Alert system, The Cutting Edge will return tonight on RAW, and Edge's guest will be none other than Mick Foley. At WrestleMania 22, Edge and Foley had one of the most brutal Hardcore Matches ever, ending when the Rated R Superstar speared the Hardcore Legend through a flaming table. With their bloody war at WrestleMania 22 still fresh on both men's minds, what will Foley have to say and what will happen?

Last night at Backlash, Edge had a chance to become WWE Champion, but John Cena pinned Triple H to win the Triple Threat Match and retain the gold. However, when the match was over, The Game grabbed his sledgehammer, attacking Cena, Edge and even referee Mickie Hensen. A bloodied Cerebral Assassin stood tall as Cena and Edge lay in the ring; will The Champ have anything to say about the attack tonight?

Mr. McMahon is also coming off a huge victory at Backlash, as The Spirit Squad helped the WWE Chairman and his son Shane defeat Shawn Michaels and "God" in a No-Disqualification Match. As also first reported on WWE's new Mobile Alert system, Mr. McMahon will make a huge announcement tonight on RAW. What will it be?

Also last night, Rob Van Dam defeated Shelton Benjamin to become the Intercontinental Champion. With both Intercontinental gold and the Money in the Bank briefcase in his possession, what’s next on the agenda for Mr. Monday Night?

Plus, Trish Stratus defeated Mickie James by disqualification, but suffered a dislocated shoulder during the match. Will there be any further update on her injury?

Find out all this and more on RAW tonight at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Guest Dave7g
Theres a good chance that the ECW seeds will be sown tonight, so it's probably worth watching, hopefully Big Show and Kane have been suspended and arent on the show, they are both bags of cement.

Guest rawiswar
I wonder what will happen tonight then. Are they going to continue advancing the storylines from Backlash? I would think so and it's going to be interesting to see what Cena, HHH and Edge have to say after last night’s bout. I can imagine the opening segment will be McMahon bragging about his win... I could be wrong there though.

Guest FreeSpirit
I love Raw's 24 hours after a Joint PPV or a Raw Only PPV as you get the immediate fallout from the PPV. Should be interesting to hear what all three men in the triple threat match have to say.

Guest Slim Jim
I don't think Sabu will appear on WWE TV until the ECW storyline starts. That could be tonight, but they might wait a week or two. If we get TV as good as we got last time ECW made an appearance, I can't wait.

Guest yoyo

There will be a STEEL CAGE match tonight. I can promise you that.

Edit-Well I was half right. The steel cage was a dark match.

Edited by yoyo

Guest SuperKick Kid

Well, more DX teasing. Nothing yet. Triple H is the best ref ever. HBK is second best. I was kinda hoping we would see HBK superkick Cena at the end.

Conway was on Raw. May 19th. Spirit Squad need to replace Vince as Co-GMs.

Joey's speech was good stuff.

Plus, it was good to see the old HBK and HHH on Raw.

And as for Foley vs Edge. I was kinda expecting Hell in a Cell. But a hardcore match with sharp objects is still just as good.

Edited by SuperKick Kid

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity