Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

When Marks go Mad!

Guest The Great Ahmar

Guest The Great Ahmar

So this thread is to tell us a memorie of Wrestling Marks going mad. That being going mad directly at you after telling them something, or something you saw on TV or the internet.

A definiation of a Mark:

Mark, a fan who believes that some or all of professional wrestling is real (compare "smark"). The term can also be applied to a fan who idolizes a particular wrestler, promotion, or style of wrestling to a point some might consider excessive.

A Mark memorie for me is I told some guy at my school that Kurt Angle was a better techinal wrestler and Overall Wrestler then John Cena. He wouldn't believe me and said this as a reason why Cena is better then Angle

"Cena is the World champion and his finisher hurts more then a Ankle Lock" I acted back with a Smarky comment in "So picking a man up and throwing him down hurts more then getting someone's ankle and turning it inside out!"

We argued for a little longer until he came out with this: " Whatever, Batista could take the both of them because he is the best alive"

He is 16 years old and talks like a 5 year old mark.

So what is your favorite Memorie of when a Mark Goes Mad.

My Favorite Video is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TcFRtl09BM

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I told somebody that JBL was a poor worker in the ring to which they said " he's the greatest wwe champion in history because he held the belt for nearly a year ".

Or you get the idiot in the WWE chatrooms who said that John Cena was worthier of a hall of fame spot than Verne Gagne.

Meh, theres no point in arguing with marks. Wasnt there a mark member of this forum a while back, bret26 or something who got cooled off because he wouldnt believe that Mark Henry wasnt trying to hurt people for real. Ahh marks are funny.

Guest Gooneronastick
My dad is 66 and he is a Mark. I have to be in total kayfabe mode when I talk to him about wrestling because he believes it's absolutely real. Bless. I would tell him the truth but I don't want to shatter the illusion.

Whenever I talk to my little brother about wrestling, I have to be in mark mode, so to speak. He's never really gone crazy over anything because he usually just likes whoever I like with the exception of a few, and he's only 7, so he's not going to get into any kind of argument or anything.

I have talked to someone once before though about how Ultimate Warrior was the best wrestler of all time and how every wrestler wanted to be just like Warrior, from Batista, to Paul London, to Trish Stratus. They all wanted to be Warrior. That sure was a fun conversation.

Guest the HiTman

It's silly that some of you diss 'marks'...and yet most of you wish you were back to when you thought wrestling was 'real'.

I can't remember ever thinking wrestling was real...I remember knowing wrestling was 'fake' when I was just 7/8 years old watching Hogan and Savage on Sky round me Auntie Steph's house back in '89-91ish. Only since I started watching again in 05 did I search for a forum to discuss the state of the 'product', and found TWO.

Even when I was watching late 99-2001 I knew it wasn't 'real' but knew nothing about the backstage crap and any of the wrestlers personal lives, I just knew what I saw on TV..which to me was great...I cheered on the good guys; Austin and The Rock like a fan...I booed the bad guys as you are supposed to. (i use non wrestling terms as I did not know them).

...so what 'name' do you have for the likes of me? I would say I'm just a fan...

One last thing...does knowing the wrestling terms and knowing the wrestlers real names make you a 'smark'...because if thats the case then I guess I am a smark....otherwise I'm just a fan that decided to find a forum and discuss wrestling with other people.

Guest The Great Ahmar
My little brother cried when Kurt Angle joined the Alliance. That night was great fun.

I cried when Austin joined the Alliance.

Well it is still real to me.....

THE GREATEST HITS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pvCp2k5OE

That video features Dennis Stamp, AKA the greatest wrestler of all time, in all his glory.

Also, the ending is the greatest thing I have ever seen and I have seen many greatest things of all time. "Who are you to doubt El Dandy?" "I DON'T KNOOOOW", followed by a It's Still Real To Me Dammit Guy in slow motion. I shed a tear for that, that's for sure.

EDIT - the second video is also another masterpiece.

Edited by Craig

Guest The Great Ahmar

This is what happens when a Marks Goes Mad and tries to be a Smark:

SSOS I know people Take the mickie out of your "Ideas" But Don't copy this Guy.

Guest rawiswar

Oh man, thanks for that Chris Hero vid, that was damn hillarious...

YOU WANNA BE RACIST... few minutes later... fan chops hero, shown again in slown motion, gotta love that.

Edited by rawiswar

Guest rawiswar
Well you don't know for sure, he used some word that couldn't be caught on the microphone too well, that's the reason the guy said you wanna be racist then huh, still even if Hero did not say anything racist, that whole vid is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity