Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

***Official RAW Discussion Thread- Oct. 2, 2006 from Topeka, KS***

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

The WWE Championship will be on the line when RAW heads to Topeka, KS.

Who will be champion?

This week, Edge will invoke his rematch clause and challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship inside a 15-foot high Steel Cage. Last week, Edge looked on as King Booker and his Court destroyed Cena, making him kiss The King’s feet. Just days before he meets Edge on RAW, Cena will be on SmackDown to meet the Court in a Six-Man Tag Team Match. What condition will Cena be in when he gets to Topeka, and will that work to Edge’s advantage?

What’s next for DX?

DX nearly ran the gauntlet last week, but after defeating The Highlanders and Haas & Viscera, their match with Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch ended in a double disqualification. Cade & Murdoch have been a thorn in the degenerates’ sides for a few weeks now; will that trend continue in Topeka?

A New Intercontinental Champion?

Jeff Hardy will have an opportunity to become a two-time Intercontinental Champion when he faces Johnny Nitro on RAW. Nitro has somehow been able to emerge victorious against a slew of opponents -- including Hardy -- to remain the champion. Can he do it again or does Hardy have the strategy to unseat Nitro for the gold?

Which monster is truly supreme?

Despite being banned from ringside last week, Umaga interrupted Kane’s match with Johnny Nitro, leaving the Big Red Monster beaten in the ring after assaulting him with the ring steps. It is clear that the war between these two monsters is far from over; but will there be any repercussions on the Samoan Bulldozer for defying Jonathan Coachman’s ban? And either way, will Kane be in any condition to come looking for revenge?

Find out all this and more Monday night at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

Conf. Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Steel Cage Match:

John Cena © Vs. Edge

Intercontinental Championship:

Johnny Nitro © Vs. Jeff Hardy

2'nd Match in Women's Championship Tournament

Ought to be an interesting main event. Cage matches always seem to be entertaining. I'll honestly be surprised if Edge wins this one. I still hold that after this Edge/Cena feud is over that Edge will go to SmackDown.

I think JR's blog on his website revealed that the 2'nd match in the tournament would take place on Monday (although it's obvious it would've whether he said anything or not). For those that are unaware (or those who care), the divas taking part in the tournament are: Lita, Candice (eliminated), Torrie Wilson, Melina, Maria, Mickie James, & ??? (widely assumed to be Beth Phoenix or a SmackDown! diva). Just an update. The divas listed are rumored or assumed.

***HEAT SPOILERS FOR 9/29***

The show is again hosted by Todd Grisham & SmackDown's Steve Romero (Grisham claims it's temporary). Romero took a heel-type role this week.

This is the first Heat in 2 or 3 weeks that actually have matches, one was a dedication to Trish and one was a recap of the DX/McMahon feud (I think).

Snitsky def. Jacqus Plisken (jobber) by pin f/ a big boot.

Eugene & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan def. Jared Steele & Russell Simpson (jobbers) by Duggan pinning Simpson f/ a double 3-point tackle.

A recap of DX's Gauntlet Match from last week is shown.

The Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain Event

Val Venis def. Rob Conway (back to being a heel) by pin f/ the Money Shot.

***HEAT SPOILERS FOR 9/29***

EDIT: Who changed the title of the thread and why?

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dave7g
Congratulations to DX for destroying Raws entire tag division in less than 5 minutes withought letting anyone get any offence in. They are the new Hogan and Savage in the Thunderdome Cage.

Guest TNA TNA TNA

Well this Raw was crap, except for Jeff Hardys win.

I loved the way Bischoff told DX were told that they were rip offs of nWo. WCW will love forever:worship :thumbsup

DX ruined it all. 1/ they tok over Raw and had crap segments. 2/ they let freakin Cena win.

Well it was obvious cena would win because of the marine premier

In all i would give it 5/10

More segments than matches

Did I wake up, and its 1998 again?

Absolutely rubbish show. They aren't draw, so of course best idea is to stick them in every segment and bury 3/4 of the roster. What great booking.

I miss wrestling in WWE. WWE now, is certainly not wrestling. But they do, do a wonderful impression of 2000 WCW.

Guest porridge

Great show!!! Some good matches, excellent main event and above all, entertaining.

HHH was comedy gold last night. I can't remember the exact line but the rip on Masters was brilliant. More of this please. HBK had his moments too. Him going in and out of the women's locker room with eyes covered was a clever, funny skit. Long live DX!!

Oh and i think it's safe to say NWO are coming don't you?

Guest MrKnow
Did I wake up, and its 1998 again?

Absolutely rubbish show. They aren't draw, so of course best idea is to stick them in every segment and bury 3/4 of the roster. What great booking.

I miss wrestling in WWE. WWE now, is certainly not wrestling. But they do, do a wonderful impression of 2000 WCW.

Problem is how do you keep DX in the spotlight, leading to what will be the biggest fued of the last few years against NWO, without them not taking over the show, there too big a draw, just to have them for one segment in the show, but I agree too much and it feels like the HBK and HHH show (and the Coach seg went on far too long last night)

So the push for Jeff Hardy continues on Raw, Im glad that the WWE is pushing both brothers seperately instead of throwing them straight back into Team Extreme, come Sunday both the Hardy Brothers could be title holders...

Is it me, or am I just in love with Maria, so much that I am getting a complex about CM Punk like Mr Perfect has with Ken Doane. She has really grown into her role on Raw, and even though she doesnt wreslte, she has to be the best Diva on Raw for her weekly all round contribution...and just for the record, she is alot smarter than her act portrays

Give me a break, Sgt Slaughter versus the Spirit Squad....I used to like the fact that the WWE would bring back some of its older stars, but the problem is, these stars are getting older and older, and them actually gaining victories against 21 year old guys, Just makes a bigger mockery than it all ready is....

Snitsky v Umaga, was well.....Snitsky v Umaga.....If Umaga wasnt being pushed towards the Gold, this would have been a Heat main event.....

Am I the only one bored of Carlito and Orton, it doesnt seemed to have progressed much in about in 3 weeks, including Unforgiven. I like the fact that these two were fueding, but 5 minute matches between the pair, is doing nothing for either of them.....

Cena v Edge....to me was a borefest....take the cage away, and it doesnt disguise the fact, that it was the umpteenth meeting between these two...I liked how they tried to give it the big Main Event feel...but these two have wrestled so much now, that the matches are boring and predictable...

Oh and Cena....we get it...your a Marine...Whoopee...lets salute the crowds one more time shall we

oh and one last thing

So what is the betting Kane shows up at No Mercy....then Undertaker screws Kane next week, he goes to Smackdown and they fued (like I predicted last month) all the way to WM23.........

Where for both men they square off in what will be there last performances at a Wrestlemania ?!

or do I sound to much like SSOS ?!?!

Guest SuperKick Kid

Just found this on another forum, not sure if it is real, so take it with a pinch of salt:

WWE renewed the rights to NWO New World Order on september 27th...

Word Mark NWO NEW WORLD ORDER

Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sports jerseys, tank-tops, sweatpants, tops, bottoms, and shorts; headgear, namely, hats and caps; footwear. FIRST USE: 20020531. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20020531

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING

Design Search Code

Filing Date September 27, 2006

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1B

Registration Date September 25, 2007

Owner (REGISTRANT) WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 EAST MAIN ST STAMFORD CONNECTICUT 06902

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED

Attorney of Record Renee L. Duff

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

RAW was decent, I guess. Jeff's title win was probably the highlight. For the record, Mr. Know, the Matt/Helms match at No Mercy isn't for the CW Title.

Texas Tornado- Didn't we pretty much see the exact same thing last week? Anyways, I'm still a big fan of DX, the shameless plug for Eric's book was great (although Bischoff looked annoyed). I'm hoping for the nWo return very soon (maybe next week?). BTW, DX's comment to Masters was, "When are you going to write a book? Masters: Now that you mention it, I was going to write one about nutrition. Trips: What's it going to be called? How to lose 50 lbs. in 4 weeks?" Good stuff.

Jeff/Nitro- A pretty good match. I'm glad to see Nitro dethroned.

Umaga/Snitsky- Wow, Snitsky goes from beating a jobber to being the jobber.

Slaughter/Nicky- I'm all for Slaughter when he wrestles, sure he's clumsy and a little too old to be wrestling, but he still has that same look he's had since the '80's.

Mickie/Victoria- Victoria on TV??? Anyways, Mickie is THE best diva in the WWE, bar none (McCool comes close). Well, it looks like the tide may have changed for this tournament (it may be Lita Vs. Mickie in the second round, unless WWE comes up with a bracket saying otherwise).

Edge/Cena- A match that could've been done a hell of alot better. Nobody even bled, all it was was one of their typical matches with minimal use of the cage. I wish they would pull some controversy in these cage matches (ala Hogan/Orndorff or Austin/McMahon), like have both Edge & Cena's feet hit the floor at the same time or something like that. It was obvious Cena would win, but they still could've made it alot better.

The whole Coachman/DX deal didn't come to a head until about halfway into the show. Pretty much everything DX does is hilarious. The old west music and the tumble weed were pretty good (it would've been funnier having Michaels or Trips carrying a tape player or something to show that they was playing the music). Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this stripper gimmick that DeJoseph does to be mighty entertaining, it's even better when he gets his ass kicked or something. The gimmick seems very reminiscent of that dude from Jackass.

Guest porridge

Is it me, or am I just in love with Maria, so much that I am getting a complex about CM Punk like Mr Perfect has with Ken Doane. She has really grown into her role on Raw, and even though she doesnt wreslte, she has to be the best Diva on Raw for her weekly all round contribution

Her weekly all round contribution??? That's one interview, two at a push. If she could wrestle then she'd be the best Diva.

...and just for the record, she is alot smarter than her act portrays

I think most people would already realise this. Just like they know Undertaker doesn't offer burials and cremations. :)

Give me a break, Sgt Slaughter versus the Spirit Squad....I used to like the fact that the WWE would bring back some of its older stars, but the problem is, these stars are getting older and older, and them actually gaining victories against 21 year old guys, Just makes a bigger mockery than it all ready is....

I don't have a problem with this. It was only a member of the Spirt Squad, hardly someone in line for a massive push. No one gives two hoots about them really. They're already a group to poke fun at and so suffering a loss to Slaughter could be expected. They'd have gained nothing from beating him and likewise will not suffer from losing to him.

Guest Danny Styles

wow Jeff Hardy wins the IC Title,:D great stuff

but Cena overcomes the odds abnd wins again :roll, innovative bookign by WWE there

Guest Dave7g

The DX "comedy" show last night was too much. I wanted to like the main event but a couple of points : I KNOW THE MARINE STARRING JOHN CENA IS COMING OUT, shut the hell up!!! They even had "MArines" in the audience to show, in case I forgot. DX in every segment doing 15 year old jokes is not funny, now the invisible camera has 2 angles to chose from, and that whole "coach western" was utter rubbish. Cryme Tyme's joke is old now, the same joke for 5 weeks and it wasn't funny the first "tyme".

On to the main event, I really wanted Edge to win but I was kidding myself, so to see DX for the 456th time was enough for me. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are the worst jobbers ever, they couldn't hurt DX with 4 other guys earlier, so why would anyone care about them now?

Scrap that Raw and start again please.

Guest Wolverine
They need to make Carlito/Orton into the modern-day Dreamer/Raven feud. That would be awesome. Anyway, I'd go off on a rant on DX now, but I see that others have already done so. I just hate them. Even more than the Miz.

Guest Dave7g

Some really good points by Todd Martin at the WO.

The conversion of WWE into self-destructive WCW at its worst continues. They even got their edition of NWO Nitro in.

Last week, DX appeared twice. Both times they were placed in traditional growth time slots. They bombed anyway, losing over 500,000 viewers in just the second segment of the show, and gaining no viewers at the beginning of the second hour. Those are terrible, terrible indicators. So how did WWE respond? By sticking DX in just about every segment of the show. I don’t even know how to begin with this nonsense.

Yes, DX is completely lame and passe. They are old men acting like teenagers from the late 80s or early 90s. They aren’t funny at all. But that’s not even the biggest problem. The problem is they continue to build around DX, and they book DX to bury just about everyone they come into contact with. It’s Hulk Hogan level egotism, and it’s worse because neither of them will ever be the draw Hulk Hogan was. They laughed at, buried, destroyed and generally treated as inconsequential half the roster this evening. John Cena and Edge have carried WWE this year, and they were treated as afterthoughts on the evening of their blow-off match. And all of this was done in the interest of building an act that is dead and doesn’t need to be built anyway.

Even if WWE weren’t pushing the wrong people and burying everyone else, the whole attitude of the show is wrong. It’s low brow, goofy comedy aimed at the lowest common denominator. I love professional wrestling, and yet I’m ashamed to even acknowledge that because what people associate as professional wrestling right now has no relation whatsoever to the wrestling I enjoy. They wouldn’t know Ring of Honor from Big Mouth Loud, but they do know WWE, and it doesn’t take but a couple minutes here and there to develop a really negative opinion of today’s WWE.

Look at UFC’s startling rise in 2006. You have got to be presenting something that people want to see to experience such exponential growth so quickly. It isn’t like it’s such a bizarre formula. It’s personality-driven athletic competition: exactly what pro wrestling has always provided. Yet WWE is so goofy, nepotistic and unfocused on match results that it doesn’t provide that appeal at all. It’s a backwards promotion living off the time when they were doing things right rather than providing new and affirmative reasons for viewers to tune in. Sadly, that period when WWE was rolling (1997-2001 in particular) seems more like ancient history by the month.

Bast chair shot EVER! Man, that damn near killed him! Awesome stuff!

I enjoyed RAW alot. Apart from the awsomeness of Lita's breats, DX were also great. I guess as I enjoy the DX stuff, I'm "the lowest common denominator", eh, Todd Martin? :lol

That fake laugh DX do, gets me everytime. It's just the stupidity of it all, and I loves me some stupidity.

Umaga is looking solid.

Once again, props to both Cena and Edge, that was a damn fine chairshot.

By the way, who's Todd Martin?

Guest MrKnow
Her weekly all round contribution??? That's one interview, two at a push. If she could wrestle then she'd be the best Diva.

Thats alot more than most of the other Divas....She is viewed as a real asset within the company and expect to see more and more of her in the future

I think most people would already realise this. Just like they know Undertaker doesn't offer burials and cremations.

You obviously havent read around other forums then....most people think that she is just portraying herself

I don't have a problem with this. It was only a member of the Spirt Squad, hardly someone in line for a massive push. No one gives two hoots about them really. They're already a group to poke fun at and so suffering a loss to Slaughter could be expected. They'd have gained nothing from beating him and likewise will not suffer from losing to him.

But some members of the SS will be the future of this business...I just find it slightly silly, that Sgt Slaughter who suddenly turns up after being away for no doubt how long turns up and wins.....its like Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Why I don't get though MrKnow, is why you've hyped up DX v NWO to be this huge feud, which will do wonderful business and etc.

I'm sorry but there's no chance. No-one cared in the slightest about the NWO when they turned up in 2002, and they sure as hell won't know. The fact the biggest drawing feud would be between 2 squads who's heyday was nearly 10 years ago.

It won't draw a dime, and going back to the past to present as your future never works. Hogan, is a face period, and for that matter probably wouldn't want to do it. Hall's back drinking again and in probable awful shape. Nash is hardly Chris Benoit is he? And then you've already got DX who are so ridiculously over-used its incredible, and still aren't drawing a penny.

I wonder which midcarder they'll blame when this apparent DX/NWO feud does absolutely no business.

Again to re-iterate its 2006, not 1998. They have to go forward. Yet they are becoming more like WCW than ever.

Guest MrKnow
Why I don't get though MrKnow, is why you've hyped up DX v NWO to be this huge feud, which will do wonderful business and etc.

Firstly I havent hyped up anything, I suggested this could be the biggest fued, due to the fact there has been nothing to rival this in the last few years.

In fact I have mentioned this, twice in 2 months, thats not hyping...!!

Secondly DX were originally meant to stay around for a 4-6 week period, but due to the high volume of merchandise sales of DX items, they have been kept around for over 2 months now, what is to say this wont happen with NWO??

And then you've already got DX who are so ridiculously over-used its incredible' date=' and still aren't drawing a penny.[/quote']

I'm not a numbers man, but isn't 313,000 ppv buys for a secondary show a good number? Or am I missing something?

I do know that the sea of DX t-shirts in the RAW audience each and every week kinda disproves your point.

I also disagree with your opinion on a DX/nWo feud bombing. I think done bad, it'll sell tickets, but done well it could make mega money.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity