Gregory Helms vs Matt Hardy

WWE Tag Team Champion

Paul London & Brian Kendrick © vs Idol Stevens & KC James

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit
I'm looking forward to this PPV very much. I'm just hoping that The Undertaker does the right thing and puts Mr Kennedy over, while I'm very interested to see MVP's in-ring debut after weeks of hype on SmackDown.

I'm almost convinced MVP's opponent will be Benoit, but I'm probably wrong. :lol

It's kinda weird though, that 2 Champions are in matches but they aren't defending their titles.

As for the whole card, I don't see any matches that will be bad, and I'm really looking forward to Batista vs Finlay, but none of the matches really seem like big PPV matches. Just lack of star power, I guess.

And I like Lashley, but I hope they don't give him the title. He's not ready.

Guest R Soul

Decided to give my thoughts on each match..

World Heavyweight Championship

King Booker © vs Bobby Lashley

Can't see this one being very good. Booker is a good talent, no doubt about it, but he proved at Summerslam that he was not capable of carrying lesser talent. There is also the fact that Bobby is way too green and is really nothing special, so should not even be considered for a title shot.

Mr Kennedy vs The Undertaker

Usually im all for older guys putting over younger talent, but i really dont see what Kennedy has done to deserve the win over Taker. Should be a pretty average match, dont expect anything special from it.

Falls Count Anywhere

Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero

This is one of the three reasons im getting this PPV. Cannot wait for this match, the brawl they had on SD a couple of weeks ago was awesome, hopefully we see more of that in this match. Two great talents doing whatever the hell they want, should be ****ing awesome.

Batista vs Finlay

Working with Finlay can only be a good thing for Batista. Just look at what it did for Lashley, he has improved so much since before his program with Finlay. Finlay is my favourite wrestler, with Benoit gone, so im hoping he gets the win but i dont see it happening.

Gregory Helms vs Matt Hardy

Another reason to get this PPV. Their series of matches on SD has been great. If this match gets 15-20 mins it could steal the show.

WWE Tag Team Champion

Paul London & Brian Kendrick © vs Idol Stevens & KC James

The final reason to buy this PPV. London and Kendrick are great wrestlers, and although Stevens and James haven't really proven themselves yet, these two teams had a damn good match a month or so ago on SD. Im looking forward to this one, hopefully L + K retain.

I'm almost convinced MVP's opponent will be Benoit, but I'm probably wrong. :lol
That could be interesting, as he has does a version of the Crippler Crossface which he calls T.T.B. It stands for "To The Bank", but it used to stand for "Tribute To Benoit".

WWE doesn't really have a way of making the most of these 'mystery matches', so I see them putting Vito against MVP instead of making the smart choice and putting him against Benoit.

The SmackDown preview for 10/6 hints at the thought of MVP's opponent being revealed.

Booker/Lashley- I agree with alot of other people's opinion about Lashley, Lashley isn't really ready to be champion. It wasn't that long ago he was still mid-card. I think WWE booked this match, so the Batista/Booker feud wouldn't get repetitive and boring. So after No Mercy, they can resume their feud (or not, who knows, maybe Benoit will return to feud with Booker and possibly earn a 2'nd World Championship).

Kennedy/Undertaker- I will be surprised if Kennedy wins this one. In any case, I hope Kennedy goes to RAW (of course he'll have to drop the title first, I imagine). With Cena speaking out against Kennedy, I think Cena/Kennedy could be interesting.

Finlay/Batista- Ought to be pretty good, Finlay is one of the guys in the WWE who are older, but is still as good as ever (IE: Shawn Michaels). I expect Batista to go over in this one.

Rey/Chavo- Another match that should be interesting. If what I have been reading is true, this may be Rey's last match for awhile. He is booked for RAW the next night though.

Helms/Matt- A very good feud, in my opinion. A winner here is up in the air, it could go either way.

MVP/???- It'll be good to see MVP finally in the ring to see how he operates and 'does business'. As I mentioned above, I expect Vito to be his opponent, although Benoit would be better.

Tag Titles- I actually see James/Stevens getting the titles in this one in an attempt to rehatch interest in the SmackDown tag division. Isn't London/Kendrick & James/Stevens the only two active tag teams (besides Lashley & Batista) on SmackDown?

Edited by TPIB

so I see them putting Vito against MVP instead of making the smart choice and putting him against Benoit..

Actually putting MVP against Vito IS the smart choice.

one one hand you have a debuting MVP against a returning Benoit, if MVP loses, all momentum is lost and MVP will be released within a month, if Benoit loses, his return will look rubbish and Benoit will lose a ton of heat.

on the other hand, if he faces Vito, MVP will most definatly win.

one one hand you have a debuting MVP against a returning Benoit, if MVP loses, all momentum is lost and MVP will be released within a month, if Benoit loses, his return will look rubbish and Benoit will lose a ton of heat.

Benoit won't lose heat. We're talking about Chris Benoit. The same Chris Benoit that has recieved countless standing ovations after he just LOST a match. He lost to Orlando Jordan at Great American Bash last year and he still got a standing ovation from the fans. And it's not like MVP would win cleanly if Benoit was his opponent.

My thoughts:

Not worth paying the money on. There will be better cards.

Booker/Lashley

Should be ok match-wise, nothing special. No real interest in this one. Not a great main event.

Kennedy/Taker

Taker will win seeing as the US Title isn't on the line, which is a shame, because it makes that title look crap. The match should be average-good.

Mysterio/Chavo

The falls count anywhere stipulation should make it more interesting than their recent encounters. It's still nothing that greatly interests me though. Mysterio won't be back to his best until he gets that knee surgery he needs.

Batista/Finlay

I think this match could be a very good brawl. Finlay doesn't wrestle at a fast pace so he should be able to carry Batista to a stiff ground and pound type of match. Batista should surely go over if they're gonna push him for the title again afterwards.

Helms/Hardy

Title not on the line because Matt qualifies as a heavyweight. I have no doubt the match will be very good, just like their other recent matches have been. This one has the potential to steal the show. I think Hardy and Helms and amongst the most talented young wrestlers in WWE today. Hardy will probably go over because he's due a PPV win.

MVP

I haven't even seen this guy so this doesn't interest me. He'll probably go over someone like Funaki. I just hope they don't bring back Benoit on the night and job him out to the rookie.

London/Kendrick vs. Stevens/James

I've seen very little of Stevens/James but what I saw wasn't particularly impressive. They look very green. London/Kendrick should retain and I don't expect this to be as good as their match against the Pitbulls.

Overall this PPV isn't worthy of the cost. If I wasn't busy on Monday mornings I might consider it, but realistically I'm not gonna. It would be nice if they added Jimmy Yang vs. Jamie Noble or someone to the card. Noble and Yang are deserved of a PPV appearance.

Guest Kanenite
The card doesn't really appeal to me so much at the moment. I think if a stipulation was thrown into Taker/Kennedy or Hardy/Helms it would help bring it along, especially with the Hardy/Helms match being milked to hell. I'd like to see Lashley/Booker, Dave/Finlay and Rey/Chavo though but I don't feel like forking out 15 quid for the PPV, i'll wait till after to see if it was decent and I might get it on DVD.

I agree with Mr Perfect with the whole Vito thing.

Not exactly excitd about this PPV, i hate everything Taker does these days.

Plus Lasley v King Booker does not intrest me at all.

Judgement Day was a show that did'nt intrest me either, i hope this one turns out the way way that one did. If the reviews are good i may think of a encore showing. Otherwise the money will be staying in my pocket.

Guest Rated R

I'm looking forward to this PPV (although I'm not paying for it lol. Broke!) Lashley vs King Booker is weak though. Have low expectations for that. Lashley should NOT be Main Eventing yet. He needs mic time to get there (or a manager to do it for him, preferably lol!). Helms vs Hardy could very well be match pf the night. Hell, could be match of the week. Has been the past weeks, IMO. Londrick vs Stevens and James should be good, even if James and Stevens are green. One question about this PPV......

Where is the Miz?!

Damn, that guy rocks!! :lol

Wow, another awful card from Smackdown. Lashley v Booker T is a ppv main event match? Times are tough I suppose.
Why do you even bother looking at the cards for WWE shows. You probably had that post written before the card was released. In fact it's probably saved as a stock response to any WWE show.

There are some (potentially) good-to-decent matches on that card. Kennedy/'Taker, the tag match, Helms/Hardy and the Rey/Chavo match should all be worthwhile matches. Add in the debut of MVP (who can work, if allowed) and you have an interesting show.

The single biggest problem i have with this PPV is that it's got that "seen this before" feeling throughout most of it

Lashley and Booker were feuding over the King of the Ring title earlier in the year, and the outcome of this match is the most predictable in recent memory

Helms and Hardy may well end up being match of the night; but once again, we've already seen it on Smackdown

The tag title match doesn't interest me, mostly because i have little interest in James and Stevens. They just feel like they've been thrown together to make a tag team - this usually only works without a gimmick (i.e. MNM & Pitbulls) if you have 2 established stars - these two certainly are not

Mysterio and Chavo has bored me to death, it really has. I can't believe this angle is still going

MVP will probably face Vito and go over - couldn't care

Batista and Finlay seems to just have been caught up between Lashley and Booker. I expect this will end in some kind of a double DQ; either that or Dave B goes over clean

Which leaves Kennedy and Taker as probably the most anticipated match on the card for me. Even then, can't say i'm highly excited

I haven't been able to get in to Smackdown for months now. Although i'd loved the King Booker gimmick intially, i've lost a lot of interest.

Guest the HiTman
The single biggest problem i have with this PPV is that it's got that "seen this before" feeling throughout most of it

Thats exactly what I was thinking before I even read your post.

For me, it just goes to show that there is not enough depth in Smackdown. There are enough wrestlers, but most are so boring it's beyond belief.

I won't be be buying this one im afraid :(

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity