Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

***Official RAW Family Reunion Discussion Thread- Oct. 9, 2006 from Columbia, SC***

TPIB

Who Will Leave RAW???  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Leave RAW???

Credit: WWE.com

This Monday night, “RAW Family Reunion” will begin at the special time of 8/7 CT on the USA Network and feature several past and present RAW Superstars.

Welcome Home

One year ago, RAW was welcomed home to the USA Network. This year, several past RAW Superstars and special guests will be welcomed back for RAW’s Family Reunion. Alumni and guests already scheduled to appear include Big Show, Rob Van Dam, King Booker & Queen Sharmell, Finlay, William Regal, Chavo Guerrero, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, Batista and Mr. Kennedy. At family reunions, families don’t always get along. Who else will show up for this special Family Reunion…and what will happen?

Who Will Say Goodbye?

For one monster, it will be their final night on RAW. For weeks, Kane and Umaga have been at each other’s throats, trying to prove who the bigger monster is. At RAW Family Reunion, the Samoan Bulldozer and the Big Red Machine will battle in a Loser Leaves RAW Match to finally settle the issue. Who will be left on RAW when the smoke clears?

The Champ is Still Here

Last week, John Cena overcame the odds and retained the WWE Championship by defeating Edge in a Steel Cage Match. Will the Rated-R Superstar come back for more, or will a new challenger emerge for The Champ?

Find out all this and more when RAW Family Reunion (special 3 hour show) is live from Columbia, SC at the special time of 8/7 CT on the USA Network.

Conf. Matches/Events

Appearances by Big Show, John Cena, King Booker & Queen Sharmell, D-Generation X, Randy Orton, Kane, Umaga, Finlay, Sir William Regal, Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Chavo Guerrero, Mr. Kennedy, Rey Mysterio, & Batista

Loser Leaves RAW:

Kane Vs. Umaga

Ought to be a good RAW. It's painfully obvious who'll win the Kane/Umaga match.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DanielFullard

Looking forward to this tonight. These special RAWs are always entertaining. Its a pity they havent advertised more of whats gonna be on the show but its not that important.

Kane v Umaga....Its hard to predict what will happen. You could imagine both going over to SD but if I had to choose Id say they keep Umaga undefeated and send Kane over

Guest HH-Evolution

Doesn't Kane want some time off anyway? I feel I read somewhere that he was after that.

He'd be my pick to lose, anyhow...Umaga's winning streak is getting hotter by the week, and will do wonders for both him and the person who scores a victory over him in the long run. :D

Guest Dave7g
Kane/Umaga have been having rubbish matches, why are they pushing this one so much? Surely a match like Angle/HBK or Edge/Hardy from last year would have been a little better, but theres just one match advertised for a three hour show. Mr. Know better know more.

Guest Kanenite
Kane and Umaga have had an enjoyable series of matches, i've been into their little feud. But it's very obvious Kane will lose, they even say he'll be taking 6 months off so do the maths. Tonight should be pretty good, apparently a few surprises are in store, can't wait :D

Guest Sparrow
I think we may see The Rock Or stone cold but i don't think both of them will turn up. Possibly the return of The Mcmahons to unleash hell on DX. I don't know what is going on. I am staying up for this one :D

Guest Slim Jim
Umaga lost clean to Kane at a house show recently (his first loss even off screen)... so wether that changes anything...

Guest HH-Evolution

First time in a while we haven't really been able to call a card on a Raw...mostly because of the lack of any decent information ahead of time.

I actually kinda enjoy it - allows me to speculate wildly, and praise/berate myself when either something works or doesn't work, OR - something happens I shoulda reckoned on. :P

I like this unpredictability...gives a warm veil of hope to hide behind before the reality intervenes tonight and sucks the life from it. XD

Guest Dave7g
I'd like a Hardys reunion and getting the belts away from the utterly pathetic and useless job boys the spirit squad, thus we have a tag division again. Of course it won't happen sincethe tag champs are busy fueding with the logical fueds of Ric Flair and Sgt Slaughter.

Guest rawiswar

There could be a possible Stone Cold appearance tonight, and a few surprises apparantly. I sure hope Austin is there but it's not guaranteed.

Kane will be the one that loses, he's taking time off.

Guest DanielFullard

Yep I am watching it live. Its been ok so far. The opening segment was a good three-way promo with Booker Cena and Show. Entertaining stuff with plenty of comedy.

They nnounced DX v Cade and Murdoch in a street fight and Lashley, Rey and Dave v Finlay, Regal and Chavo for later as well as Booker v RVD, Show v Jeff Hardy and suprisingly Cena v Taker being booked as a result of some GM banter and bravado.

Now Cena v Taker is a huge match and one there could have been PPV money in

Plenty to look forward to then

Kane v Umaga was kept short and Kane is a goner. Doint see much point in him attacking the Highlanders and actually him leaving the stage was a better ending then that.

I enjoyed the DX skit but they are just recyling the "advertising" joke over and over.

Then we have just had Jeff Hardy v Show. Typical Show match with him kicking out of the Swanton and kept very short with show winning with that standing Leg Drop move he does. Nitro came in to "pick up the scraps" but Big show beat on him. Really putting Big show over big time. The whole angle of the night is "who is the most dominant champion".

DX came out and cut a horrible promo that unsuprisingly was about Vine loving "****". Not only is this becoming boring but HHH dragged it out for so long that by the end the crowd weren't at all bothered and when the match actually began they werent into it at all. They gradually came round though and another short match and another squash. Interesting to see where DX go next

Edge told us his talk show The cutting Edge would return tonight calling Grish a "piss-ant" and shoving him away with the Grish having to put on his 'mean' face as he straightened his tie. Scary

Shelton came out and complained about not being on the show in his home state. didnt play the racist card as you might expect but instead just gave an open challenge answered by Benoit. For the few minutes it lasted it was a decent match but too short to really comment on. Would be nice to see these two given some time to work a match as the results would be gold.

Rather pointless "comedy" segment with the three GM's and Super Crazy

Next was the SD six man tag with Lashley, Rey and Dave v Finlay, Regal and Chavo . It started superbly with plenty of high-action spots as you can expect from Rey.In all in was a nice fast-paced match and probably the most entertaining segment of the show thus far. Another little note, Lashley didnt get a tag.

What worried me was the fact they still seem to be continuing the Rey v Chavo feud. Vicki and Chavo were mouthing "This is not over" and JBL/Cole were still speaking like this will continue.After pinning him two nights in a row surely there is nothing left in this feud. Maybe a Career match if the rumours about Chavo finally leaving are true?

Then Moolah and Mae came out to the top of the stage and ...er....waved

And of course, it took 2 hours in coming but we got the Marine trailer. It was only a matter of time.

Melina v Torrie in the womens title Tourny but was reall used as a plug for the Extreme Strip Poker tomorrow night as they had the 6 divas who'll be in that as Lumberjacks. Melina won inside a few minutes and Torrie took her anger out at being distracted by Kristal by giving her the stink face. All this just to get people to watch a sleazy edition of eCW tomorrow with JR warning us a good few times that "viewer discretion" is advised for tomorrows show

Booker t v RVD wasnt much of match but forget that....the real highlight was JBL and Taz exchanging quite a heated debate over most of it. Very interesting and at time hard-hitting comments from both. Maybe it was pre-planned but Im really not sure. Whichever way way it was better than the other mic-work of the night from anybody.

Speaking of mic-work Mitch cut a horrible promo shortly after another dull Cryme Tyme video. Mitch then took on Ric Flair. But as one of the suprises of the night we got to see Money inc.!!!! With Irs in full gear.....also Piper and Anderson but I marked when I heard the Money inc music hit and realised it was both of my favourite tag team of all time. The match lasted about a minutes with Mitch tapping out to the figure four.

Then came The Cutting Edge. Predictiably his special guest was Orton and as I assumed they are running with a DX v Orton/Edge porgramme. My two current favourite workers working together...I look forward to it.

The for the main event. A match that could have sold many PPV's. It was decent with plenty of reversals etc but I think all were just waiting for the interference. Booker t and Big Show came down as well as Kennedy who got nailed with a boot. Taker chased Kennedy back and the three champions fought it out with Cena coming out on top.

All in all I think the show suffered from trying to do too much, resulting in segments that were too short, and not having a build of the actual matches. Not a patch on homecoming last year but still an enjoyable RAW nonetheless.

Edited by DanielFullard

Guest rawiswar
Best part of this RAW for me was Undertaker returning to his real home, RAW. After seeing him on RAW once again just reminded me of all the good times he had on RAW during the Attitude Era, just great times back then, nothing will ever be as good those.

Guest The Beltster
Pop of the night - Arn Anderson. It was HUGE, as were the ovations for Flair, Money Inc and Roddy Piper. More proof that the old guys have a place on TV and it doesnt mean they should be jobbing.

A rollercoaster of a show, at times tedious, great fun though too. I guess after watching No Mercy the night before, the wrestling action was a bit thin.

Opening promo was dull to me. No great chemistry.

Kane/Umaga was lacklustre for the most part. Glad Kane is gone from RAW.

Jeff/Show made no sense to me. I guess it was an effective quick way to put Show over. Watchable because it was kept short. Has anyone else noticed that all of Show's matches start with the opponent hitting him, Show headbutts, picks opponent up, opponent fights back, bounce off the rope and clothesline from Show. Too predictable. And people complain about Cena.

DX promo was kinda funny but a little overkill. The street fight was a fun short match. Cade and Murdoch took their wupping in fairness.

Shelton/Benoit was short but sweet. Would have prefered Benoit being involved in the six man tag so we could see him in the ring with Regal again.

The SD! six man was short and again, just filler really.

Generic divas match but it was good to see some hot women all the same. Kristal is quickly becoming my favourite diva. I would shred her to bits (don't wet yourselves feminists, I'm only stating I like the way she looks).

RVD/Book was overshadowed by the awesome ECW vs SD! war of words. Adequate match.

Flair w/legends vs. Mitch w/SS was a great nostalgia trip. I marked out for IRS and DiBiase and then I almost fell out of my chair when AA came out. That cutthroat taunt alone is gold.

I liked the Orton/Edge promo. Sets up what should be a good feud. Wrestling-wise this actually gives DX something proper to work with.

Fun main event though the ending was a tad predictable. I liked the way everyone was put over in their own way. Show dominated the first half of the programme, Taker looked like he was gonna beat Cena but Cena still handed Book and Show's asses to them in the end.

Guest WordLife19
The Edge/Orton partnership looks like it'll be interesting. At least DX will have some competition rather than squashing everyone each week. The DX promo was amusing, and I always find myself laughing despite it's juvenile jokes. HHH really looks like he's having a blast in his comedy role atm. The Flair/Legends thing was one of the highlights of the show. When Cena started his fake English accent in the opening seg it sounded very cockney, and reminded me of 'A Christmas Carol' for some bizarre reason.

Jeff/Show made no sense to me. I guess it was an effective quick way to put Show over. Watchable because it was kept short. Has anyone else noticed that all of Show's matches start with the opponent hitting him' date=' Show headbutts, picks opponent up, opponent fights back, bounce off the rope and clothesline from Show. Too predictable. And people complain about Cena.[/quote']

The Big Show is officially worse than Cena, he does the same match every week, the same dull predictable match, the Main Event of Cyber Sunday is a complete dud. How is Booker T going to carry these two? Booker hasn't been good since 2001. Maybe we can vote for who drops the belt, and I would have to go for the Big Fat Bloke.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity