Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

***Official Cyber Sunday Discussion Thread - 5th November***

Guest carlito is cool

Guest carlito is cool
PWInsider.com is confirming earlier reports about local advertisements in Ohio regarding the upcoming Cyber Sunday PPV on November 6 listing the main event as ECW Champion Big Show vs. WWE World Champion King Booker vs. WWE Champion John Cena. As of now, that is the direction WWE is going at this time for the event unless plans change.

I reckon the build upfor tis will begin tonight.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow
I was hoping for Umaga Vs Cena for Cyber Sunday, Hmm does sound like a ok main event but i expect the main event titles to be put on the line at PPVs.

Guest FreeSpirit
PWInsider.com is confirming earlier reports about local advertisements in Ohio regarding the upcoming Cyber Sunday PPV on November 6 listing the main event as ECW Champion Big Show vs. WWE World Champion King Booker vs. WWE Champion John Cena. As of now, that is the direction WWE is going at this time for the event unless plans change.

WWE should've saved this for Survivor Series three weeks later I reckon, but its a good plan for a match that I'm eager to see. :thumbsup

Guest DanielFullard

Yup its started to build tonight. They are using the "hos is the mot dominant champion" angle and therer are plenty of scenes with the three GM's arguing over such things

Do we get to choose whose title is on the line?

Don't be silly. The fans don't really get to choose anything. It's just like voting for the US president.

Guest Marc McCann
I reckon we might be able to choose the stipulation.

hopefully it's a choice of the following

1) Vote for who you want released - choose up to 3 people from this TRIPLE THREAT match

2) Vote for who you want banished from the planet earth - choose up to 3 people from this TRIPLE THREAT match

3) Vote for who you want to be banned from wrestling forever - choose up to 3 people from this TRIPLE THREAT match

***ALL 3 SUPERSTARS MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE VOTE FROM EACH CATEGORY***

i don't want to see arguably 3 of the worst champions of their time go at it at all! just think what it could be, edge v rey v punk for example and we're stuck with cena, show & booker.

edge, rey & punk i would love to see, but that will never happen

There's no way Cena is the worst WWE Champion ever. There have been far worse: Edge, RVD, Big Show, Vince, Kane, Sid, Yokozuna, Slaughter, Warrior etc.

There have also been worse ECW Champions than Big Show: Sandman, Credible, Douglas, Raven, hell even Mikey Whipwreck held that title at one stage.

You could make a case for King Booker though. Poor title reign indeed. It could surpass Mysterio's though.

There have also been worse ECW Champions than Big Show: Sandman, Credible, Douglas, Raven, hell even Mikey Whipwreck held that title at one stage.

Shane Douglas was a class act as was Raven at the time, Big Show is so bad it's hard to comprehend.

But he's about as believable a champion as you're going to get. That counts for something in my book. Oh, and Raven and Douglas were never class acts.

But he's about as believable a champion as you're going to get. That counts for something in my book. Oh, and Raven and Douglas were never class acts.
Douglas in 1995 was the best heel in the business. The guys promos were off-the-charts, even Kevin Nash's, and he had a great feel for antagonising the crowd. Remember this is the guy who got the "smartest fans in the world" to react like a bunch of marks in ECW.

As for Raven, again in 1995-1997 he was the greatest character in wrestling, with so much going for him. His promos were also intense, and the storylines were believable because of how he portrayed himself. He can't be blamed for the WWF wasting his talents. Hell, WCW managed to at least use him in a decent manner.

Douglas in 1995 was the best heel in the business. The guys promos were off-the-charts, even Kevin Nash's, and he had a great feel for antagonising the crowd. Remember this is the guy who got the "smartest fans in the world" to react like a bunch of marks in ECW.

As for Raven, again in 1995-1997 he was the greatest character in wrestling, with so much going for him. His promos were also intense, and the storylines were believable because of how he portrayed himself. He can't be blamed for the WWF wasting his talents. Hell, WCW managed to at least use him in a decent manner.

ECW fans were never the smartest in the world. Quote my arse nevermore. Just my opinion of course but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

He put "smartest fans in the world" in quotes as that was what they were called.

Out of the WWF/WCW/ECW fans, the ECW ones tended to know a lot more about kayfabe than the ones of WWF & WCW, thus they were the "smartest".

Guest Jimmy Redman
Yeah, just like in Foley's book, where he describes the angle with Dreamer, I think, and mentions that they got the ECW crowd to mark out to just punches. They were smart, as in wrestling smart.

Guest mickey4life2004

I hope the match is 2 falls out of 3!

It could be a triple threat wrestling match and then a triple threat hardcore match and if somebody wins both falls then they get the win!

However if it is 2 different winners then the 2 winners fight it out in a cage match with the other guy out the running!

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity