Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Bret Hart to TNA?

Guest rawiswar

Guest rawiswar
Bret Hart recently did an interview with my local radio station' date=' WLR FM, here in Waterford, Ireland. In the interview he said that he would be interested in going to TNA at some point if they had something constructive for him to do with Kurt Angle on screen. He also stated that he hasn't spoken with Vince McMahon since the Hall of Fame in April. He also talked about his autobiography.[/quote']

So, Bret Hart to TNA? Imagine that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something constructive would be the stumbling block. Other than some promo where they kiss each others asses or argue without fighting, there isn't much they can do.

Even to see a few promo's would be excellent, Bret Hart and Kurt Angle fueding with no match is better than them never doing anything together ever. I would love to see it.

Bret Hart looked wrong in WCW, and IMO, he would look even more out of place in TNA.

What could he offer TNA really? Another reason to chastise WWE? Another reason to bring up "Montreal", cos there is no way TNA would ignore it.

He's a huge fan of Angle and Angle is a massive fan of Brets, Bret regrets not being able to work a match with him. He never wanted to go back to WWE (can you blame him?) and now Kurt is in TNA it gives them a chance to do something, I hope it happens.

Guest rawiswar
I've heard interviews where Bret says he thinks Angle is one of the best in the business at this point in time. When asked the question "Who would you most like to work with that you haven't already" he has always said Angle. Edited by rawiswar

Even to see a few promo's would be excellent, Bret Hart and Kurt Angle fueding with no match is better than them never doing anything together ever. I would love to see it.

True I suppose, but it's not something I'd wet myself over. Bret was never great on the mic.

Guest Adam Gill

To be honest, and I am something of Bret Hart Mark, but having Bret in anything that isn't a wrestling role will suck - and we all know he can't wrestle these days due to his stroke and the insurance pay out he's had.

As CoTT pointed out, Bret was nothing special on the stick - infact I would go further and say he was pretty poor.

Okay it could help slightly increase the ratings for an episode of iMPACT! but no doubt Hart would command a large pay cheque.

Spend the money somewhere else TNA, is my opinion.

Guest May 19th
Wow! Could it get any better?

Yes it could, is the answer to that

what would Bret bring to the table??

I saw him at 1PW and he just doesn't seem to have anything to offer anymore

He cant wrestle anymore,

He never looks interested in anything unless it revolves around him

Yeah he was amazing in his day but its time to move forward

Unless TNA wants to be remembered as a glorified WWA its time to let go of Bret Hart

To be honest, and I am something of Bret Hart Mark, but having Bret in anything that isn't a wrestling role will suck - and we all know he can't wrestle these days due to his stroke and the insurance pay out he's had.

As CoTT pointed out, Bret was nothing special on the stick - infact I would go further and say he was pretty poor.

Okay it could help slightly increase the ratings for an episode of iMPACT! but no doubt Hart would command a large pay cheque.

Spend the money somewhere else TNA, is my opinion.

Excellent point. The costs involved wouldn't be worthwhile. I think regular TNA viewers would enjoy it of course but it's not like a promo from the, let's face it, washed up Bret Hart would spike ratings significantly. He never even drew much as a wrestler, let alone as a speaker, in all honesty.

Well whoever said what would Bret offer TNA well its staring you straight in the face. There are millions of Bret hart fans out there who would love to see Bret on tv. Plus it would be a massive coup for TNA to have on guy on there programme that Vince is desperate to have on his.

Put it this way im not a regular watcher of TNA but with Bret there i sure as hell would be and i dont think i'd be the only one. thats what Bret can offer TNA. Awhole new set of viewers.

Personally im more interested in the autobiography, nice to have a wrestling book full of controversy thats not written in league with the WWE.

Guest May 19th
Well whoever said what would Bret offer TNA well its staring you straight in the face. There are millions of Bret hart fans out there who would love to see Bret on tv. Plus it would be a massive coup for TNA to have on guy on there programme that Vince is desperate to have on his.

Put it this way im not a regular watcher of TNA but with Bret there i sure as hell would be and i dont think i'd be the only one. thats what Bret can offer TNA. Awhole new set of viewers.

Personally im more interested in the autobiography, nice to have a wrestling book full of controversy thats not written in league with the WWE.

No it wouldn't be a coup

if WWA and 1PW can do it, why would you be so surprised that TNA could do it!

it would be the total opposite of a coup

a blatent backwards step

No it wouldn't be a coup

if WWA and 1PW can do it, why would you be so surprised that TNA could do it!

it would be the total opposite of a coup

a blatent backwards step

Of course it would be a coup, Vince McMahon would cut off his right arm to get Bret Hart on his TV shows, but no matter what he does he can't, and thats his own fault. Bret wasn't "poor on the stick", he was one of the greatest heels you'll ever see. If you wan't the entire population of Canada watching iMPACT!, you sign Bret Hart. Tell me how that is taking a step backwards?

Guest May 19th

Because they have enough established stars already!

They've got Sting, Jarrett, Bagwell, Steiner , Luger etc

They need to concentrate on creating new stars not bringing in washed up old ones that can't even physically do anything

Unless they want to be thought of as a WCW and WWE old peoples home they should be concentrating on what seperates them from all that, and that is elevating and creating exciting new talent that can put on matches that only WWE can dream of

Not bringing in bitter legends

Bret Hart is a far bigger deal than Sting, Bagwell, Steiner, Jarrett and Luger. It's a chance for Bret and Kurt to do some stuff, who wouldn't want to see that?

Guest May 19th
Bret Hart is a far bigger deal than Sting, Bagwell, Steiner, Jarrett and Luger. It's a chance for Bret and Kurt to do some stuff, who wouldn't want to see that?

What could Bret and Kurt do together apart from talk?

Brets the most boring man alive anyway

have you seen any interview with him in the last 5 years, all he does is act bitter and go over the same boring stuff

his hearts not in it, he's said so himself

Bret can't even have his photo taken for more than a few minutes and he has to sit down so how he can do promos in front of thousands of camera flashes would be a mystery to me

if this was 10 years ago i would be all for it, but it just can't and shouldn't happen

Guest rawiswar

Lighten up some of you. It would just be great to see Bret Hart on national TV, he may not be able to wrestle but there's always things like special guesst referee available.

Even the odd promo would be nice, but it seems Bret actually wants to be involved in something 'constructive' and not necessarily just the one off.

What could Bret and Kurt do together apart from talk?

Brets the most boring man alive anyway

have you seen any interview with him in the last 5 years, all he does is act bitter and go over the same boring stuff

his hearts not in it, he's said so himself

Bret can't even have his photo taken for more than a few minutes and he has to sit down so how he can do promos in front of thousands of camera flashes would be a mystery to me

if this was 10 years ago i would be all for it, but it just can't and shouldn't happen

They could talk yes, Bret could bring in young whippersnappers to take on Angle, it's not hard to come up with ideas at all.

The point of interviews are you answer questions that people ask you, it's not Brets fault that people ask him the same questions, what do you want him to do make up different answers? He's not Hogan you know!

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity