Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Don West

Ryan

He's not so bad, definatly not as bad as i first thought, I used to find his constant "DID YOU SEE THAT" so damn annoying & say AJ kicked Daniels he'd yell "OH MY GOD STYLES JUST KICKED HIM!" as if we didnt know, but now he doesnt annoy me as much, Mike TNA (Tenay...) annoys me far far more, but what do you think about DW?....and for the fun of it, Mikey Tenay aswell. Edited by Ryan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Slim Jim

I would say they are as annoying as Michael Cole, but at least they seem enthusiastic about what they are doing, unlike the Raw announce team. This saddens me as JR and King used to be the best in the business.

I still mark out whenever Dee Dubyah says "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME"

Guest FreeSpirit
What I like about Don West is he's extremely enthusiastic. When he first started off he didnt seem to have a clue what he's talking about, but he's grown into the role quite well over the last couple of years. He and Tenay are a good partnership. It would be even better if DW was a tad bit more heelish though.

I like Don West, he's not the greatest, but he's a guy who you can tell is a fan of pro wrestling, and I think thats important. When TNA first debuted back in 2002 he was really awful, and he has improved alot. I like him because he isn't one of these generic sports announcers who are hired because they look young and will fit into the corporate image, but haven't got a clue about wrestling. You can tell West in a wrestling fan by his reactions and comments on TNA TV, he has a long way to go, but he isn't too bad.

Guest Gooneronastick
Don West used to p*ss me off so bad when I first started watching TNA. It was like listening to a fan commentate with his marking out for almost everything. However, he is starting to grow on me and doesn't seem to "mark out" quite as much as he used to. As for Tenay, he is possibly the best play-by-play man in the business. I would just love to see Tenay and JBL do commentary. I think it would be just amazing.

Guest Gooneronastick
in your opinion maybe, IMO he's a shadow of is former WCW self, and even then he sucked.

Well, I wouldn't presume to know anyone's else opinion Mr. P and I'm sorry if my opinion offends you. But if you don't mind, I'll expand my view.

Jim Ross - Was an excellent play-by-play man but is now stale and his partnership with King has run its course. Still can have his moments but on the whole past his best.

Michael Cole - Not even a good play-by-play man. Only thing that saves Smackdown's commentating team is JBL's superb colour. Only person worse than Cole is Jonathan Coachman.

Joey Styles - Only guy that comes close to Tenay. I was over the moon when he replaced JR on Raw and so disappointed when Styles got taken off Raw to head up ECW.

*Disclaimer - These are the opinions of TWO User Prototype. They are not meant in any way to offend but if they do, tough.

Guest rawiswar

All you need to do is get rid of your needlessly pro WWE attitude. Right now TNA is in good shape and their ratings can only improve. Tenay and West are not a bad duo so hopefully at last you have realized.

West is alright you know, the duo itself works.

Guest Swipemonkey

I find Mike Tenay a very professional broadcaster, who does not resort to the hyperbole mode (although occasionally TNA in general, and Tenay by implication, can overstate things). Don West takes getting used to, but I actually enjoy listening to him now as he definitely adds 'colour'. The best bit with DW is when he's so excited about something his voice becomes strained. Right now, I would not want anyone else in the TNA commentary booth.

It's nice to see Mr P has got us all talking about TNA again. For someone who claims to be against the promotion, he gives TNA more publicity in this forum than everyone else put together. Keep it up, Mr P! :D

I have to admit, as a 16 year fan of WWE, I am finding the TNA stuff brilliant at this very moment.

All you need to do is get rid of your needlessly pro WWE attitude.

for the love of cheese what is wrong with being pro WWE? its not friggin illegal!

Right now TNA is in good shape and their ratings can only improve.

1.0's to 0.7's isnt improving.

Tenay and West are not a bad duo so hopefully at last you have realized.

Tenay is holding West down, i was watching classic TNA on Friday and Tenay was surpose to interview JJ, but JJ told Tenay to sit back down and called West to do the interview, thats what needs to happen folks, DW needs to be treated as the Main announcer even though Tenay is the play by play guy, simply because DW > Mike TNA.

Guest rawiswar

They are a good due, enough said really. Tenay really knows what he's doing. Even when he's in the ring and interviewing a wrestler his facial expressions and whole attitude just suit the product. Tenay is good in general, West is not a bad colour either, he helps big the things up that are happening. At least the two sound entusiastic towards the product, whereas JR and King sound pretty damn bored with their job on Raw.

for the love of cheese what is wrong with being pro WWE? its not friggin illegal!

There is very much wrong in being pro WWE when you are blind to the negative side of what goes on in the product. Not everything in the WWE product is amazing, it's actually very dire and stale due to the poor creative team.

No it is not. But with Angle and Russo's exciting storylines things can only improve from here on. Actually, last weeks was an improvement in TNA's ratings.

Tenay is holding West down' date=' i was watching classic TNA on Friday and Tenay was surpose to interview JJ, but JJ told Tenay to sit back down and called West to do the interview, thats what needs to happen folks, DW needs to be treated as the Main announcer even though Tenay is the play by play guy, simply because DW > Mike TNA.[/quote']

That was classic TNA, that is not the present. That was when West did not know a great deal about wrestling, he now knows alot more after being involved in TNA for some years. Riiight okay then - So you think West is better than Tenay, whatever mate, Tenay worked for WCW all those years and is actually very clued up to the wrestling business and it's general knowledge. West was new to it when he joined TNA, he is a colour commentator who bigs things up at the side, to make the whole thing sound exciting. West must have learned a lot about the wrestling bussiness though after working at TNA for some years. That's why he is doing fairly well these days as colour commentator.

Edited by MrFill

Guest Slim Jim
It's not illegal, but you must realise that you go a little over the top with it.

It was at 0.7 for the first week it lost its UFC lead in. Since then it has been going back up most weeks.
Tenay is holding West down, i was watching classic TNA on Friday and Tenay was surpose to interview JJ, but JJ told Tenay to sit back down and called West to do the interview, thats what needs to happen folks, DW needs to be treated as the Main announcer even though Tenay is the play by play guy, simply because DW > Mike TNA.

The thread started as you being annoyed with West, and now you love the man:?

Guest Wolverine

Tenay sucks, but I could listen to Don West all day and all night. He is just so infectiously enthusiastic about everything. Honestly, he could make a paint-drying competition sound like the most exciting event in history. Give me Don over Taz and Lawler any day.

If TNA goes bust though, he needs to go back to swimming in baseball cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL0gT1WEDLM

a Grown man getting excited over baseball cards makes me mark out, especially when its Don West.

OH MY GOD he has his own site!

http://donwest.org/

Just look at this picture, he tells you everything you need to know about his enthusiasm.

http://donwest.org/pics/10_announcers.jpg

Tenay has a "bored" look on his face because obviously nothing is happening, but look at DW! he's getting excited at nothing! either that or Tenay isnt doing his job

Edited by Ryan

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity