Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Monty Brown at last night's Raw taping

Guest TNA TNA TNA

Guest TNA TNA TNA
Former TNA star Monty Brown was backstage at Raw last night in Chicago. Brown is indeed negotiating with World Wrestling Entertainment in regards to coming in.

Brown is no longer under contract to TNA due to his contract recently expiring. Also, talks in regards to signing a new deal have stalled. Brown was not booked to appear at Sunday's Bound for Glory PPV, which was in his home State of Michigan.

I think he'll fit into the WWE perfectly. I really liked Monty Brown and i loved the Pooounce. Although im shocked he's considering joining WWE because of his personnal training business.

He will need to really improve his wrestling skills though

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Danny Styles

WWE hiring in TNA cast offs now hey ;)

seriously though good luck to the guy, he's custom made for TNA, average in the ring, but has the look and charisma to make it

Hopefully he'll spend some time in OVW so give him more in-ring ability & abit more charisma, WWE marks would love the Pounce IMO.

WWE hiring in TNA cast offs now hey ;)

Brown asked for his relesed, TNA didnt released him by their choice.

Guest TNA TNA TNA

Hopefully he'll be on Raw because he has such huge potential. And i agree with Mr. P that marks would mark out for the poooouunce although it may be harder in a WWE ring

Got a source for this info?

Source: PWIinsider

Guest SamoanBulldozer

I think the signing of monty will be good for the wwe from what i've seen of him in tna hes got lots of potential.

I dont really know alot about him does neone know how long hes been wrestling and how old the guy is.

i would like to see him feuding with someone like orton,booker,umaga or even bigshow.But unfortantly he could only be brought in as a heel i dont think he'd work as a face.

Guest Adam Gill

I like Monty Brown and I think he could do well in WWE.

Brown's not great in the ring but he has a lot of charisma and can cut a good promo so he should be fine.

WWE marks would love the Pounce IMO.

And i agree with Mr. P that marks would mark out for the poooouunce although it may be harder in a WWE ring

You've GOT to be kidding me!

The Pounce is plain awful, as much as I like Brown.

Guest Wolverine
It's a 270-pound former NFL linebacker knocking some poor schmuck halfway across the ring with a shoulder tackle. What's not to love?

Yeah stick him on Raw. I never have a chance to watch it anymopre, anyways.

I likedMonty at first, but now I see that he's really limited in all aspects.

Brown was always one of my favourites in TNA and i'm ecstatic he's in negotiations with the WWE

He's got the potential to establish himself in the upper mid card, with the occasional jump in to title contention - similar to Lashley's current role on Smackdown

In terms of his character, TNA will own the "Alpha Male" gimmcik, but WWE could play it from the ex pro football angle in the that they did/TNA are with Angle and the Olympics

Thanks to Michael Heredia for sending this in:

When I left the RAW last night, I went to the parking garage to see the superstars. Out of nowhere walks out Monty Brown. No one recognized him and I just ran behind him and got his autograph. I asked him what he was doing here. He said and I quote, "You'll see in a couple of weeks." It was really amazing though how he just walked up the parking garage and no one at all recognized him as he walked all the way to the parking lot by where I parked.

PWMania

In a couple of weeks.....WWE...will...feel...the.....POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNCE!!!.......PERIOD!

its funny that only 1 person recognised him, TNA = failing.

Monty is limited, but he's no worse than Lashley or Batista, he is a perfect fit for WWE. I'm surprised WWE even know who he is since they don't have any interest in TNA ;)

Guest Danny Styles
In a couple of weeks.....WWE...will...feel...the.....POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNCE!!!.......PERIOD!

will you say how much that move sucks in the WWE i wonder? didn't you used to say how lame it was in TNA ;)

Guest Danny Styles
indeed i did, but it'll be in a WWE ring now, which makes me like it more, you know im bias, i know im bias, what do you expect.

you to open your eyes and improve yourself :D

watch a Simon Dean video of something. (wait wasn't he a fitness guru)

Brown asked for his relesed, TNA didnt released him by their choice.

As stated, thats not true. TNA management have wanted Monty to work some indy dates to help in work in the ring, but he refused to do so. With Brown's recluctancy to improve, TNA were understandably reluctant to use him in a major role. I think this is where the problems have started, and both TNA & Brown haven't been able to reach a new deal.

I do think its a shame TNA couldn't reach a deal, but its no great loss. I can see Brown doing well in WWE if their creative come up with something good for him, and he is put in the ring with guys who can hide his negatives.

The main problem is will he be able to adapt to a WWE road life, which is harsh.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity