Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

***Official TNA Impact Spoilers Thread - 26th Oct & 2nd Nov ***

Ryan

AJ Styles is expected to win the TNA X-Division championship tonight at the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida. That was the plan as of two hours ago. The tapings have just started.

Expected to be announced for the Genesis PPV in November is Sting defending the NWA championship vs. the winner of a tournament that will begin at tonight's taping, Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle, Christian Cage vs. Rhino in TNA's first-ever Barbed Wire Steel Cage match, and NWA Tag Team champions LAX vs. America's Most Wanted.

PWInsider.com will have full spoilers later this evening.

I dunno who to feel more sorry for, AJ or Sabin, looks like they've started the wheel's in motion for a Sting/Joe Title match which is good.

Edited by Ryan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow

I feel sorry for Sabin, but in away know that AJ as champ can only bring good to

the company and the X division.

I knew about the PPV matches about two days ago, Angle Vs joe should be great but i don't think it will sell as much as TNA think it will, Jerret is the only guy you can win the tournament, unless they are bringing someone back.

Guest Sparrow
AJ needs to be in and stay in the Heavyweight division, he's been there before and he looks good there, being the X Division champion again is a step down for him, and a slap in the face to Sabin.

In a interveiw AJ said he wanted to stay in the X division, I even think it was posted on TWO.

In away it is a slap in the face of Sabin, but it has been done before and will be done again, Rhino had it done as did MnM it is a slap in the face of the wrestlers.

They need to make the X Division strong again before the big move to primetime, and AJ is definetley the man for the job. Still the match with Senshi and Sabin was so unbelievably strong they surely will be top condenders. It's a smart choice if you think about it, AJ is marketable, but it's hard to give him the attention he needs when he's stuck in the tag divisions, that goes for Daniels too.

Guest Sparrow

I feel a fued with Daniels is going to happen.

Daniels: It is your falut we lost those titles, you wanted to ditch me for your X division.

AJ: Yo bro i swear i didn't plan this.

CD: I am taking the belt back, i am Mr. TNA.

--------------

I called it :D

I feel a fued with Daniels is going to happen.

Daniels: It is your falut we lost those titles, you wanted to ditch me for your X division.

AJ: Yo bro i swear i didn't plan this.

CD: I am taking the belt back, i am Mr. TNA.

--------------

I called it :D

Please god no, ive said it a billion times, please TNA!...NO MORE AJ/DANIELS COMBOS!!! :(

Guest Sparrow
Matches and interview segments for hour one:

The evening was opened by the new NWA World Heavyweight champion Sting standing in the ring. But before he could talk he was joined by Christian Cage. Cage said Sting had been stealing his thunder for weeks so it was payback time. Cage was upset about the 18 person tournament he had to compete in to get a shot at the title he never lost. Next Cage mocked Sting’s updated outfit and said he was scared and terrified that he wasn’t the biggest star in wrestling. Cage told Sting to stop hiding behind the makeup. Sting replied Cage could have a shot at the title when Sting decided it would take place, then he decked Cage with the trusty baseball bat.

Jeremy Borash was backstage talking about the PPV and tonight Kurt Angle would talk to the fans. Samoa Joe came over to the interview area. He said he already knew Kurt but tonight they would get up close and personal.

(1) NWA World Tag Team champions Latin American Xchange (“Notorious 187” Homicide and Hotstuff Hernandez w/Konnan) defeated the Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas w/ “Franchise” Shane Douglas)

Before the LAX hit the ring they were decked by America’s Most Wanted. The beating went on for a while before AMW tossed LAX into the Naturals which was weird to see knowing their storied past. Stevens and Douglas jumped LAX but Douglas got dumped to the floor. The match was short and sweet as Homicide hit Stevens with the Cop Killer as Hernandez destroyed Douglas with the Border Toss. After the match Shane Douglas got in his teams faces but they bloodied his lip with smacks. On the canvas Douglas laughed at what occurred. They dapped fists after Shane Douglas got to his feet and it looked like their partnership wasn’t over.

David Penzer broke down the tournament, three stages worth. 18 wrestlers would start on the floor and try to climb in the ring, sort of a reverse battle royal. The first seven to get in over the top rope went on to stage two. Those seven would then compete in a battle royal. When five are tossed that is the placement in the tournament and the final two compete in a singles match for a bye in the bracketing to happen later.

(2) Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell) won the “Fight for the Right” match to receive a bye.

The 18 wrestlers around the ring were: Christian Cage, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Eric Young, Senshi, Frankie Kazarian, Raven, Lance Hoyt, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Brother Runt, Brother Devon, Kip James, Ron Killings, James Storm, Robert Roode and Abyss. Team 3D took themselves out as they fought with the Naturals to the locker room. Rhino came out and stopped Cage from getting in the ring.

The seven that got in the ring were: Robert Roode, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Abyss, Lance Hoyt and Ron Killings. The order of elimination from this stage was: Killings, Sabin, Daniels, Roode and Styles. In hour two we would see the following matches: Ron Killings vs. Lance Hoyt, Chris Sabin vs. AJ Styles and Robert Roode vs. Christopher Daniels. The winners will face each other on the November 6th tapings three way style to face Abyss.

Lance Hoyt and Abyss survived to face each other in the single match which was won when Abyss survived a top rope dropkick into a chair Hoyt placed in front of his face. Somehow Abyss blocked a move and hit the Black Hole Slam.

After the commercials we were joined by the “Olympic Hero” Kurt Angle. Angle said lots of people asked over the past weeks why he left the other place. Was he fired, was it a mutual release or did he quit. Angle said he quit because he wanted to wrestle for the best audience in wrestling. Angle said the other reason he came to TNA was the roster backstage, he wanted to beat all of them. He said being the best in TNA meant you were the best in the world. Angle said one person was the one who made him quit, Samoa Joe. Angle said he was ready for Joe despite the fear of facing him in the ring. Angle said TNA told him lots of stuff about Samoa Joe but they didn’t tell them Joe was a bleeder. Joe hit the ring and was immediately tackled by TNA security. When security couldn’t do the job the good guy locker room cleared into the ring.

Some TNAWrestling.com interviews were going to be shown to the crowd. On was Christy Hemme speaking to Chris Sabin who took Jerry Lynn to task when he was interrupted by AJ Styles. Styles didn’t like Sabin badmouthing his fellow X Division pioneer. Sabin and Styles fought but Sabin said he would defend the belt anytime.

Matches and interviews for hour two:

(1) “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles became World X Division champion when he defeated “the Future” Chris Sabin.

At the bell the war of words became physical. Styles took Sabin to the mat in a surfboard but Sabin countered into a backslide for two. Sabin locked in a chinlock but when Styles tried to get to his feet he got dragged back down. Styles got up second time and hit some kicks followed by the slingshot forearm. Sabin escaped the Styles Clash, hitting an enziguri followed by a tornado DDT for two. Sabin hit some forearms but Styles hit the Pele’ kick. Sabin countered the inverted DDT and dropkicked Styles to a corner and went for the Cradle Shock but Styles countered out into a small package pin.

Mike Tenay and Don West spoke to the home crowd. Jeremy Borash spoke to Lance Hoyt and Ron Killings about their upcoming match. Eric Young said he was looking for someone but the live crowd was to could to hear over.

(2) Ron “the Truth” Killings defeated Lance Hoyt.

This match was fast as hell. Killings was moving fast but ran right into Hoyt’s boot. Hoyt hit several power moves but couldn’t get the pin. Hoyt went for another move but Killings hit several moves that resulted in the Scissor Kick to Hoyt’s head.

After the match they were joined in the ring by the James Gang. BG James took the mic to talk about some guys who recruited them to care for their business back in the day. I think he was talking about HHH and Shawn Michaels. Next BG talked about the 3LK and said TNA dropped the ball on it. James said if they couldn’t find him work he would find it somewhere else. BG said six months together with the James Gang and no gold to show for it. He said they were done working for TNA. Kip took the mic said told TNA/Spike TV to, well he didn’t say it because his mic was cut off. Kip went to the table and took Don West’s headset but he was cut off the air again. So Kip yelled out “Suck It!”

(3) Robert Roode (w/Ms. Brooks) defeated “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels.

Roode backed Daniels to a corner and kicked him to the mat. Daniels got in a kick to the jaw but Roode decked him with a shot to the jaw. Roode took Daniels down with a neckvise. Daniels fought to his feet and hit an STO. Daniels got on the attack with several moves in and out of the ring. Brooks tried to cut off a top rope move by Daniels but somehow Daniels hit a bodyblock for two. Roode hit a full nelson slam for two. Roode went for a power move but got hit with a DVD. Daniels hit the BME but Brooks called over Hebner. Daniels confronted her and when Roode came over he got kicked. Daniels went for the Angle’s Wings but Brooks grabbed his leg. This allowed Roode to beat Daniels with the Last Rites. AJ Styles came out to tell Hebner about the interference but the decision stood.

So as a result of theses matches we will see on November 6th: Ron Killings vs. Robert Roode vs. AJ Styles. The winner faces Abyss.

(4) In four corner pole match, “War Machine” Rhino wrestled “Captain Charisma” Christian Cage.

Two poles had chairs and wire cutters. On the other two were a straight jacket and the cage door key. The match ended when the items were taken down and could be used on November 6th. Cage came out first but Rhino decked him from behind and the fight was on. Rhino took Cage in the ring ripped his pants off, trying to choke life out of body. Rhino went for the hairs but Cage cut him off. Rhino got in a backdrop and tried to rip Cage’s mouth apart with his hands. Cage kicked Rhino in the mouth but got hit with a clothesline. Cage went for the key but Rhino climbed up with him. Rhino tossed Cage to the floor and grabbed the key. Rhino brought Cage back into the ring only to press slam him to the floor. Rhino got the straight jacket down as the fans chanted “use it now.” Rhino was going to put it on Cage but the referees stopped him. Rhino pulled out a table and sent it in the ring with Cage. Rhino went for the GORE but Cage hit a dropkick. Rhino missed a shoulder tackle and Cage got down the wire cutters. As Cage got down the chairs, Matt Bentley (with dyed hair and face paint) came in and attacked Rhino for some unknown reason. Rhino got the straight jacket and locked up Cage. Frankie Kazarian and Bentley came in and jumped Rhino. Cage got away but Kazarian got picked up by Rhino and was driven into the table.

Matches to be seen on Global Impact and Xplosion:

(1) Sonjay Dutt defeated Petey Williams when he countered out of the Canadian Destroyer, dropkicked Williams and hit a standing shooting star press.

(2) The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas w/Shane Douglas) defeated Austin Starr and Alex Shelley when they hit Shelley with the top rope dropkick into the power bomb.

Announced and guessed matches for the Genesis PPV:

***NWA World Heavyweight champion Sting vs. “the Fight For Your Right” winner TBD

***NWA World Tag Team champions NWA World Tag Team champions Latin American Xchange (“Notorious 187” Homicide and Hotstuff Hernandez w/Konnan) vs. America’s Most Wanted (“Tennessee Cowboy” James Storm and “Wildcat” Chris Harris w/Gail Kim)

***Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

Looks like a good show, So AJ is the new champ as predited.

What is up with the James Gang, tell me it is just work right.

Looks like a good show

Are you serious?! I've been reading show spoilers since I've had the internet, and, for fun, have recently been reading some from WCW in 2000/1, and this is up there with some of the worst shows ever.

Seriously, you have an 18 man tournament. A bit random, but fair enough. You then have the rules to be absolutely stupid beyond belief. What was it? Seven (Again with the randomness), to enter the ring, and then something or other after that? Some of the English was pretty bad throughout the treports, but even if it was perfect, the rules of the match would make no sense. Another problem with it is, the names who are could be number one challengers. I don't know why TNA had to have 18, as it would of made so much more sense to have a simple 10 man tournament. 1 vs. 1, 1 vs. 1, 1 vs. 1, 1 vs. 1, 1 vs. 1. There you have it. Or if it had to be a Battle Royal, why not have all 18 in the ring, and elimate each other? Trying to get into the ring, is a horrible idea. 18 people, one ring, elimation rules. That works. 18 people outside the ring trying to get in it, is stupid. Simple, and it wouldn't of been a joke by having complete nobodies like Frankie Kazarian seen as the top challengers for the NWA title. What have they deserved to even be in this, when, the ex-Champion, Jeff Jarrett, isn't included at all? It's absolute nonsense. All of it sounds like the worst thing in wrestling in years.

The problem with the X-Division is simple. They try to build up Senshi, albeit poorly, as he lost several times and was on iMPACT! about 4 times in all of his reign, and have him lose to Sabin, who without the X-Divison storyline, where he acts immature and disinterested in wrestling, on the PPV. Fair enough, but to have him job out to Styles on free TV is just nonsense. Think about it. Senshi should of been booked as the natural leader of the X-Divison after Joe, who ran through everyone. he debuts, si booked strongly, and then he loses to a wrestler nobody cares about, who then loses in his first title defence.

...To AJ Styles. TNA had such a brilliant thing going on with he and Daniels and LAX, and it could of easily been stretched out for several more months. Instead, that seems to be finished. Aside from Styles helping Daniels out, there is nothing about them being a team, at all. I take it they are no longer in the tag divison, as both were in a singles tourney, and one is now a Champion, but why? It makes no sense to throw away something so good, and harm something else at the same time. If Styles was leaving the tag divison to do something meaningful, fair enough, but TNA are constantly going backwards with him, because they don't have a clue how to use him, after a couple of angles, and the same for Joe, Daniels etc.

TNA have hyped Austin Starr for ages, and he gets what? A loss...on Xplosion. Oh, dear. How many weeks was the "A Starr is born" promo aired? In the match at the PPV, the commentators mention how it was the most hyped debut in a logn time, and now he doesn't appaear on iMPACT!, and jobs out? Pathetic.

In that match, he teamed up with Alex Shelley. TNA have, or had, a brilliant story with him and Kevin Nash, and again, not one mention. And Shelley loses, again. Considering he is half of the best thing in TNA right now, you would of though they would give him something decent to do, other than job to The Naturals, who lost themselves.

And another stupid match, with Cage and Rhino. The finish sounds awful, with Bentley, but more importantly, why is it "something on a pole"? of course, seeing as it's Russo, there had to be something on a pole. ridiculous.

(Excuse my bad post - I'm knackered and annoyed)

Edited by Jack

Guest Slim Jim

I hope it comes off better on TV than it sounds, because oh dear.

I see talent and storylines wasted, I see stupid illogical match rules, I see a cage match a month after the last one, I see a worked shoot, and I see a pole match.

Hello Mr. Russo, how are you today?

Guest Wolverine
David Penzer broke down the tournament, three stages worth. 18 wrestlers would start on the floor and try to climb in the ring, sort of a reverse battle royal. The first seven to get in over the top rope went on to stage two. Those seven would then compete in a battle royal. When five are tossed that is the placement in the tournament and the final two compete in a singles match for a bye in the bracketing to happen later.

What.

Mind you, it'll have to be as bad as it sounds to beat King of the Mountain for mind-numbing, illogical rules.

Is the TNA Impact spoiler thread not Daves to do? I ask because:

1) if so and Mr P did it off his own back then he shouldnt have as there are reasons we have assigned roles

2) if it is and Mr P was asked to cover him then it should have been stated in the initial post so people dont think they can start any ***official*** thread as, again, we have assigned the job for a reason.

3) if the job is being swapped over then it needs stating.

Thanks.

Guest Slim Jim
What.

Mind you, it'll have to be as bad as it sounds to beat King of the Mountain for mind-numbing, illogical rules.

By any chance, was it Russo who invented that match last time he was there?

1) if so and Mr P did it off his own back then he shouldnt have as there are reasons we have assigned roles

2) if it is and Mr P was asked to cover him then it should have been stated in the initial post so people dont think they can start any ***official*** thread as, again, we have assigned the job for a reason.

Thanks.

To be fair to Mr P, he just posted some possible spoilers from before the show which were merged with Sparrow's posting of the full results as the *** thread. But yeah it's still Dave's job.

Edited by Slim Jim

Russo name is all over that set of tapings, and from what i have read they don't sound all that good. However, I have learnt never to judge what a show seems to be like, but it can always come off differently on TV, so here is hoping.

Thanks.

1) Why not discuss it in the mod forum?

2) Why not bring these questions up in the mod forum?

3) ermmm...... Wrestling thread that's now gone off topic?

Guest Danny Styles

that sounds a poor set of tapings, and has a lot of Russo like booking their

the four pole corners match was pointless, and Sabin loosing the belt was stupid, i love AJ but he doesn't need to be in the X, it's so random and stupid booking i can't see why, Russo trademark there

i really hope this looks better on TV

Thanks.

or..

4) you can try & read Telf's post.

Thanks.

On topic now, The James Gang thingy isnt a shoot IMO, its probably TNA trying to make internet fans go "OMG New Age Outlaws back in WWE OMG OMG!!!!" or they did it so WWE would call both BG & Kip and see what their status is, TNA will record the phone call and play it on iMPACT and go "LOLZ FOOLZED U WWE SUX!"

Edited by Ryan

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity