Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE maineventer wants out... but who?

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
PWTorch.com reports that a WWE headliner is telling friends that, due to a desire to be part of TNA, he wishes he had not locked himself into a long-term deal with WWE in his most recent contract negotiations.

Many WWE wrestlers, even those with a reputation for being staunch supporters of the product, are beginning to view TNA as a viable alternative.

“The guys who used to be marks for being in WWE are starting to see TNA as a better place to be,” says one wrestler.

The fact that TNA only has limited main-event spots makes the jumping to TNA more imminent, since it might not be able to offer departing WWE wrestlers big money deals down the road.

Now I don't want to start a TNA vs WWE debate or anything so lets try and not make it one,

Just saw this and thought it may be interesting to hear who people think it is and now there is a place for anymore news (if it comes out) on the story

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this story is true, the one guy i'd expect it from is Chris Benoit

If there's one talent that is/will suffer the most from WWE's obvious transition into "sports entertainment", it's Benoit

He'd be much, much better off in TNA and especially after Angle; i have no doubt he'd follow suit if he wasn't tied down

But that's just the way it is, contracts can come back to haunt either party

If its Benoit I hope he gets his wish soon. Sticking him in a god awful Chavo/Vikki storyline is just not good enough for the best wrestler on SD.

Guest FreeSpirit

Apart from the money and recognition, TNA is a better place to craft their trade as there's still the opportunity to be on Primetime TV (well from next week anyway), and the opportunity to spend precious time with their family, as they dont have such an insane schedule each week.

Whoever it is good luck to them if they eventually decide to jump to TNA, I wouldn't hold it against them if they did.

I could see it being Benoit due to the Eddie exploitation. He's far too good for TNA though. If he wants out of a sports entertainment company, why would he jump to another one?

RoH and Japan would be the probable options. They actually promote wrestling as wrestling, and I'm sure people'd much prefer to see Benoit against guys such as Bryan Danielson than Jeff Jarrett.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Should this thread be called wwe upper mid-carder wants out?

It's not like WWE have given Chris Benoit reason to think twice about wanting to jump to TNA,he's only United States champion so Chavo Guerrero can win the gold and continue the " eddie this and eddie that " routine.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Should this thread be called wwe upper mid-carder wants out?

Maybe if it was actually known who wants to jump... it may not be Benoit :)

Maybe it's RVD?

You have a very good point, what with Vince stating RVD will never get a World Title well in the WWE and HHH hating him.

Guest porridge
I doubt it's Chris Benoit. If he had wanted to move to TNA he could of done a few months ago (i forget exactly when). I'm confident he'll finish his career in WWE and probably end up as a road agent of some kind.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity