Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA house show cancelled, Mcmahon a suspect??

The Fury

Tonight's TNA show in Connecticut has been cancelled after building inspectors showed up and refused to allow the show to take place. Several police cars were also dispatched to the show. Fans outside the building are chanting "F*** Vince McMahon".

TNA is filming fan reaction outside the building. Several TNA wrestlers who had arrived at the building early are outside signing autographs and talking to fans.

The cancellation of tonight's show follows the move yesterday from the original building after a similar problem with building inspectors. The problem with tonight's building involved a different inspector from a different town. Among the violations he cited was a crack in one of the Exit signs.

It's not clear who made the phone calls to building inspectors, but one of the police officers told one of the TNA officials on site, "You know you have a competitor up here who isn't making your life easy".

Tonight's show was scheduled to be the first show run by TNA in Connecticut.

WWE is based in Stamford CT.

Odd but surely not wwe, surely?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
I wouldn't be too shocked it it Vince or someone from WWE that made the calls I just wonder if it might blow up in their face if they did.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Its not too much of a stretch to believe that the WWE would have done that. Just imagine if WCW tried to play in MSG. Its kind of the same thing, they're protecting their territory.

TNA just need to call the cops when WWE goes to Florida :P

This sort of thing happens all the time in wrestling. If there is 3 or 4 shows in one state at one night, then you are always going to have a promoter who tries to sabotage the most successful event. I know it happened a lot of times for ROH when they were making a name for themselves in 2002/2003, and recently has happened a lot with certain UK promotions. Wrestling is a business, and with business there will always be jealously.

Aside from that, what would anyone connected with the WWE have to gain from this? It's just a house show, which about 1000 fans will see. It's not going to harm their true fanbase, or cause any real problems for TNA. And why would they want to? TNA still isn't anywhere close to being a threat to The E. Trying to harm a house show does nothing to help the WWE, in any way.

And has no-one thought the building was unsafe? Maybe it was an emplyee from the building or a fan at a previous show who saw some obvious problems, and reported it. There's no real need for a conspiracy theory over this, when there is so many realistic possibilities behind the show being cancelled.

Apparently 6 armed guards showed up and cancelled the show, Hermie Sadler is the main suspect on of the men involved in getting ROH kicked out of Stamford, but apparetly it was moved to another location earlier today and was cancelled again because someone said "one of the exit signs had a crack in it".

It;s DEFINETLEY saboutage, but would Vince be so petty? I doubt it. If it was him there would be no reason not to laugh if someone got wrestlemania 23 closed down due to a cracked exit sign.

Time will tell, this is just breaking news I suppose, but I dont believe for a second WWE wouldbe so pathetic.

I really, really hope this is a hoax for Vince McMahon's sake. If it'strue (which I doubt) he deserves to be hung.

Would you say the same thing about Carter if she did this? i doubt it.

If WWE did it, so what, if WWE didnt do it, so what, Conneticut IS WWE's territory, TNA should know that.

Guest MojoPogo
Apparently 6 armed guards showed up and cancelled the show, Hermie Sadler is the main suspect on of the men involved in getting ROH kicked out of Stamford, but apparetly it was moved to another location earlier today and was cancelled again because someone said "one of the exit signs had a crack in it".

It;s DEFINETLEY saboutage, but would Vince be so petty? I doubt it. If it was him there would be no reason not to laugh if someone got wrestlemania 23 closed down due to a cracked exit sign.

Time will tell, this is just breaking news I suppose, but I dont believe for a second WWE wouldbe so pathetic.

Oh really? Remember Katie Vick?????:D

Remember Katie Vick?????:D

Thats a whole different ball game, unless WWE called the "Board of Directors for all Angles & Stuff" and tried to get their own storyline...closed down? :lol

Fans outside the building are chanting "F*** Vince McMahon".

Thats why i have a problem with "TNA Faithful" (mainly iMPACT Zone fans)

If WWE did it, so what, if WWE didnt do it, so what, Conneticut IS WWE's territory, TNA should know that.

No, its where they have their main office building. Their 'territory' was seen as New York, and besides as a 'global' promotion I couldnt see them doing this.

Its not 1980, wrestling regions went away long ago, and as Darkstar said, if you were using that argument, New York City is the WWE's home ground, Stamford is just the WWE headquarters.

Personally I don't think the WWE will have done this, but do think they could have done it if they wanted to. WWE must employee alot of people from the Stamford area, and they must invest a hell of alot of money into the local area, and thus I bet they have quite a few strong ties with the local authorities.

If WWE did do this, the sole purpose would be to remind TNA that WWE is still the top promotion in North America.

Guest MojoPogo
Thats a whole different ball game, unless WWE called the "Board of Directors for all Angles & Stuff" and tried to get their own storyline...closed down? :lol

Thats why i have a problem with "TNA Faithful" (mainly iMPACT Zone fans)

Chill out dude. I was trying to put some humour into this, before it became the inevitable headache inducing TNA v WWE thread.:oops my mistake.

Guest MojoPogo
Indeed. I cant see it myself. In terms of the viewer demographic and size of the companies, theres no real comparison, and therefore no need to resort to such cheap tactics. However if you look at the quality of the product on offer at the moment, its a different story (hey, its my opinion, im entitled to it!), in that I feel TNA is superior in ring at the moment. Whether Vince and the team would see this as being a threat i dont know, and i would hope they would be above such tactics really. After all, competition is good for everyone involved, but not if they get involved of petty games of one upmanship.

Its not too much of a stretch to believe that the WWE would have done that. Just imagine if WCW tried to play in MSG. Its kind of the same thing, they're protecting their territory.
MSG has a contract that only one company is hired by them to provide wrestling. I'm not sure how or why that is, but I read that it was, and has always been that way. It is why only WWF/WWE have performed there for years. If it wasn't that way, you could have bet the house on Bischoff bringing WCW to the venue when they were on top.

As has been said, if anything is WWE territory, it is New York.

I can't see WWE or Vince taking it to that level, that's just ludicrous :?
I could see Vince doing it if he was desperate (a lá Monday Night Wars), but I don't think it's got that far.....yet.

Guest FreeSpirit
Conneticut is on the border of New York City, with Stamford and New York City only being about 20-30 miles apart, so all that area is WWE territory really.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity