Fan Clubs (beta)

Sonic The Hedgehog

Fletch

So finally us Sonic fans get a proper Sonic sequel. I say that because back in the day, we had Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles. Then we had the endless spin offs on various consoles, Chaos, Spinball, Sonic R, more recently Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders.

This finally looks to be the proper full on game that the others couldnt be. While Heroes and Adventure were fun to play, I think the new Sonic's going to be redfining things, while also bringing back some of the stuff we loved about our spiky blue friend.

Its out on Friday for the 360, and I cannot wait.

The graphics look out of this world, if you've seen the official trailer, you'll be blown away by what you see. And it looks to actually be fast as well. What do I mean by that is that Sonic's meant to be the fastest thing alive (Still never got that ol' Sonic TV series theme out of my head), and yet in other games, it never seemed all that fast. From what Ive seen of STH on 360, it looks true to the old games.

Anyways, not much more I can say about it til Friday comes, but anyone else looking forward to it, getting it etc?

I played the demo off xbox live- It's S**t

I wouldn't say it's s**t. It's ok, the controls are just a little broken, that's all.

It's not a proper Sonic. Proper Sonic comes in 2D only, ala Sonic Rush on the DS, which is great.

I am very tempted to pick this new Sonic up, I didn't mind the demo and I just want a fun cartoony platformer.

I was a huge Sonic fan back in the day, I loved Sonic 1, 2, 3 and then Sonic & Knuckles but his transition into 3D worlds have been crap to be honest, well I did like Sonic Adventue 1 but that was kind of more on rails than the later attemps.

I have tried the demo and wasn't all that impressed but that said I do have this on my list of games to borrow from SwapGame so I'm not going to make a full judgement till I've played it properly.

Guest Clarkey
I'm much more interested in Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii to be honest. Because of it being actually on rails you get to take in the spectacle of the graphics engine that they have achieved, and feel the sense of speed. This all without having to make do with a disjointed control system that has blighted the previous 3D Sonic's and still seems to be the case with this Sonic as is evident from the demo. Unless theres a real screw up with the sensitivity of the wii-mote, I can't see this not succeeding, as it seems everything they have tried to achieve with the 3D Sonic's but with the basic and simple control system that it urgently required with the speed in which you need to play it.

Id just like to point out a mistake that alot of you have made. You've mentioned Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles.

Before Sonic 1 on the megadrive there was Sonic the Hedgehog on the master system. So that means you had Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles. :)

I think you'll find that Sonic The Hedgehog on the Master system came out afew months after Sonic 1 on the Megadrive (Genesis) also known as Sonic The Hedgehog.

The master system version was a reworked one with the old levels as well as some new ones.

This year is also Sonic's 15th Birthday, it doesn't seem two minutes since his 10th Birthday... they grow up way too fast these days.

Edited by Andrew

So finally us Sonic fans get a proper Sonic sequel. I say that because back in the day, we had Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles. Then we had the endless spin offs on various consoles, Chaos, Spinball, Sonic R, more recently Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders.

This finally looks to be the proper full on game that the others couldnt be. While Heroes and Adventure were fun to play, I think the new Sonic's going to be redfining things, while also bringing back some of the stuff we loved about our spiky blue friend.

Its out on Friday for the 360, and I cannot wait.

The graphics look out of this world, if you've seen the official trailer, you'll be blown away by what you see. And it looks to actually be fast as well. What do I mean by that is that Sonic's meant to be the fastest thing alive (Still never got that ol' Sonic TV series theme out of my head), and yet in other games, it never seemed all that fast. From what Ive seen of STH on 360, it looks true to the old games.

Anyways, not much more I can say about it til Friday comes, but anyone else looking forward to it, getting it etc?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not a proper Sonic sequel. It's just another spin off. Not a very good one either.

Guest Marshall Mac D

im a huge sonic fan i like all the old sonics and i really liked sonic adventure 1 because mainly after you complete a mission you can go around the city or threw the jungle and choose when you want to do the mission like on gta

if you get what i mean but on sonic adventure 2 you go straight from one mission to the other so is it like sonic adventure 1 just wonderin ?

Fustrating, yet addictive.

The loading times, and sheer amount of loading screens are an annoyance beyond belief. And the camera's still havent been sorted, although a quick flick of the Left Trigger sets everything back on its way nicely.

The first video to set up the whole game is jaw dropping

My one main major gripe with recent sonic games is how they changed Robotnik to Dr Eggman, which I think sucks, as its a worse name. If anyone ever read the Sonic novels as I did, theyd know there was a whole story to why he was called Robotnik, as the full name was Ovi Robotnik, whereas before he became bad he was Dr Ivo Kintobor. Im sure only sad swines and hardcore fans would gripe at this, but I grew up with Sonic, the games, the comics, the books, the TV shows, the merchandise. Loved it, still do.

He was called Eggman first though Fletch. In japan, so they just brought him in line with the Japanese version of *** game.

But Im not Japanese, and I enjoyed the story of how there was an explosion involving a rotten egg that turned him into Robotnik. The sonic novels were so ace. Hell it was even a story in the Sonic Comics I do believe, so theres definetly continuity

I've just got this, although ahsatan got her greasy mits on it first, all I can say is............HUH?! Why are there people? Realistic f'n PEOPLE!!!? Stupid!

Its set in the new world, Soreanne or some crap like that. its no Planet Mobius or the Floating Island thats for sure.