Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

***Official RAW Discussion Thread- Nov. 27, 2006 from Pittsburgh, PA (#705)***

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

One night after Survivor Series, Raw rolls into Pittsburgh to sort out the fallout.

Rated-RKO gets Extreme

Last night at Survivor Series, Team DX survived intact against Team Rated-RKO in a Traditional Survivor Series Match. Two members of Team DX, Matt & Jeff Hardy, will look to continue that success tonight when they face Edge & Randy Orton for the World Tag Team Championship. Can Team Extreme capture their sixth World Tag Team Championship and give Jeff double gold, or will Rated-RKO get a little payback for their Survivor Series malfunction?

Legend takes a fall

Overcoming 3-on-1 odds to defeat the Spirit Squad, Ric Flair was the WWE Legends’ sole survivor last night—until the clearly frustrated Squad members issued a horrific beat-down that left the "Nature Boy" broken and battered in the ring. With Flair’s condition still unknown, who, if anybody, is going to make the Spirit Squad pay in Pittsburgh?

Defending Diva

Goodbye, Lita; hello, new Women’s Champion Mickie James! Despite her recent history with Lita working against her, Mickie defied destiny and emerged the dominant female at the twentieth annual Survivor Series. With Lita retired, there will be a Battle Royal to determine a new No. 1 contender for the Women's Championship. Which Diva will step up to challenge the new champion?

See what happens in Pittsburgh tonight at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

Conf. Matches/Events

World Tag Team Championship:

Rated RKO Vs. Hardy Boyz

Battle Royal to Determine the #1 Contender for the Women's Title

The match for the World Tag Titles ought to be very interesting. It would be awesome to see the Hardyz win (probably on the count of DX), but I'm not sure how that'd work out. If they did win, that'd make Jeff the first double champion since Rob Van Dam and the first double champion to hold the World Tag & IC Titles since Triple H (if I remember right).

I think the returning Beth Phoenix may be Mickie's challenger down the road. As for currently, I suspect Jillian Hall. In my opinion, it will be Melina, Beth Phoenix, or Jillian Hall (I'm rooting for Melina, not to win, but to challenge).

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, is it me or it was too obvious that D-X were gonna show up. Nonetheless I still marked like a little girl when the music hit. :D

And one more thing, wasn't HHH trying to kill Flai less then a year ago?

I liked Kenny's rolling trifecta of clotheslines. Ok start to RAW. I think Team Extreme vs. Rated RKO could be a good match. They seem to be giving it some hype. Maybe we'll see a title change. The tag team division on RAW is, slowly but surely, picking up.

Ok, D-X are great. HBK putting the OVW sticker on the box containing the Spirit Squad = hilarious. :lol

OMG OMG OMG OMG, M N F'n M..... I love MNM. And I gotta agree with CoTT, I'm pretty sure the Hardyz will win the tag titles tonight.

Well, RAW overall was good, but man, as a fan, I was really dissappointed with the main event. This match serves as my evidence that titles should be allowed to change hands on a DQ (I call it the TNA rule, but whatever fits). I literally let out a "Damn It!" when Edge got disqualified. It doesn't matter how much of a smark you are, you (or at least I) still get caught up in the kayfabe world of things.

DX & Flair/Squad- I thought that Flair would get some backup from Rhodes, Simmons, and/ore Slaughter, but DX is just as good. DX's bit with putting the Squad (I think there was only about 2 or 3 of them in there, but the message went across) in that anvil case and marking it to be sent to OVW. Talk about laying it out for everyone on where the Squad will be heading. I say, screw the Voodoo Kin Mafia, the DX bits are still f'n funny. Later that night.............the Flair blade job was epic. It seems like Flair might've took some time for that piece of 'art'.

Battle Royal- Normally, I wouldn't bother commenting on a divas match, but I was and am legitimately (sp?) suprised that Victoria won, I was expecting her release to be announced any week now. This feud might be interesting. Is it wrong of me to be glad that we won't see Candice for awhile?

Eugene/Duggan- Indeed, Eugene, you are special.

Lawler/Masters- Lawler rolling up Masters? Now that's cool.

Hardyz/Rated RKO- I know I complained enough about it above, but nonetheless, this match seemed to go quite slow and seemed quite drawn out. I thought it would be cool to see the Hardyz win the World Tag Titles and then see MNM win the WWE Tag Titles on SmackDown and then that would amp up the match for DTD, but I guess it wasn't in the books.

Is it just me or does Jeff & Mercury's hair look alike? Even wierder is that both Jeff & Mercury have been to rehab. Do they braid each other's hair or something? What kind of rehab is that?

I'm begging the WWE to put Cryme Tyme in a match.

Does anyone else think that this Cena/Umaga feud is going to be reminiscent of Joe/Angle (except with the WWE Title involved)? I would'nt be the least bit surprised. I was and am hoping for Monty Brown to end Umaga's undefeated streak, it just seems to fit.

RAW Overall- 7/10- Curse you, WWE, for BS disqualification endings to title matches.

Guest SuperKick Kid
I missed Raw tonight, I have class that runs through it. B ut only 7 posts? Was it that bad?

Nope, people are just tired.

I thought it was good. DX were their usually funny selves.

Enjoyable.

Edge and Orton were good tonight. I was dissappointed by the DQ finish tonight, but that's what they wanted.

Is it just me or does Jeff & Mercury's hair look alike? Even wierder is that both Jeff & Mercury have been to rehab. Do they braid each other's hair or something? What kind of rehab is that?

Well, Mercurys hair looks awesome, and as far as I know Jeff didn't go to rehab, hence why he was fired from WWE in the first place.

I missed Raw tonight, I have class that runs through it. B ut only 7 posts? Was it that bad?

It was just, there. Nothing of note just lots of insane memory loss booking. MNM are back together even though Nitro turned on Mercury the last time we saw him less than 6 months ago. HHH is also ready to defend the honour of his best friend in the world Ric Flair, the man he beat up for almost 2 hours just over a year ago in a very similar angle.

WWE countered racism by taking a shot at Michael Richards outburst with a lame sketch involving WWE's very own racist stereotypes Cryme Tyme. What are they thinking?

Eugene is still retarded, but now he's a heel retard fueding with Hacksaw Yim Duggan.

There was a Diva Battle Royal which was horrible as you would expect.

At the start of the show HHH said to the crowd "You don't wan't to see us beating the Spirit Squad again do you, you must be as sick of watching us beat them as we are of beating them". The crowd cheered and DX faced the Spirit Squad again.

Annoying Raw - It was just there with nothing at all to look forward to.

Guest R.BrandLegend
what is the point of that has been lawler beating Masters?, its enough torture listening to his so called heel commentary and he then goes and jobs out the masterpiece.

Guest SuperKick Kid
what is the point of that has been lawler beating Masters?, its enough torture listening to his so called heel commentary and he then goes and jobs out the masterpiece.

Lawler has started to have little fueds around this time of year.

Hassan, Helms, and now Masters

I thought it was a great show. The main event was exciting to say the very least. The DQ ending was a shame, but more from a "I'm Matt Hardy mark" kinda way, rather than the context of the match.

Umaga vs Cena is ON! And I'm eager to see it.

DX are GOLD!

The Spirit Squad are GONE!.......about time, too.

Guest Slim Jim

Johnny Nitro's jacket was the coolest thing in the history of ever.

Kaientai on Raw - best show ever.

Edited by Slim Jim

Guest R.BrandLegend
Lawler has started to have little fueds around this time of year.

Hassan, Helms, and now Masters

i never noticed that their must be some sort of significance at this time of year or it is a conincidence lol

Guest FreeSpirit

Credit: wrestling-online.com

> CANDICE MICHELLE SUFFERS A BROKEN NOSE

- If you were wondering if that foot to the nose of Candice Michelle hurt,

well, it probably did. The former Playboy covergirl received a broken nose

thanks to Victoria's stiff shot to the face and might need surgery to repair

it. She will miss some in ring time - not that she's been getting any lately

anyway - until she recovers from her injury.

Don't know if this has been reported on TWO already by anyone, but here it is if it hasn't.

A pretty decent Raw going by previous weeks standards

The tag title match was very good and the finish can only help get Edge and Orton over more as heels, in addition to what happened to Flair earlier on

Happy chappy that Victoria won the women's title so now hopefully she can get a few house show matches under her belt to get rid of any ring rust. It was difficult to see in that environment whether she had any or not, but a Mickie James - Victoria feud is by far the best that WWE could put out as far as the women's division goes

Eugene and Duggan was the biggest question. Why this has to get TV time i really don't know. The only way this will work for me is if they drop the (for lack of a better word) "retarded" gimmick, and let Nick Dinsmore perform at the level he did when he was Mr Wrestling down in OVW

I like Masters, but i still don't know why. Despite their terrible opener at Backlash in April i'm interested to see where this angle with Carlito goes

Like i've said before, Ron Simmons' "DAMN!" antics are hilarious as long as they contextualise it and make it just a little bit different each week. This was a perfect example of how it should be done

I was a big fan of the Spirit Squad for a couple of months after Wrestlemania and during the early part of their title reign; however a male cheer leader gimmick can only go so far and now it's time to end it. I think Jeter and Kenny have the ability to progress into singles stars with Mikey being a question mark. I can't see WWE bothering to find either Nicky or Mitch a gimmick

It's been said by a few people including myself...Mikey needs a comedy gimmick similar to Crash Holly, he'd suit a roll like that perfectly, if Crash was still alive they could of involved him in a storyline with Mikey when the SS finaly split.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity