Is CM Punk the best thing since Sliced Bread  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is CM Punk the best thing since Sliced Bread

• Yes
    • No
    • Sliced bread is over rated
    • I'm on the fence
    • The traditional comedy vote

Biggest news coming out of the ECW press conference last week in Augusta, GA is that Test really doesn’t like CM Punk. Punk was the only one of the six in the chamber that got any reaction from the crowd, and he got an even bigger reaction when he asked Young Kelly Kelly to sit on his lap throughout the whole deal. Test, who coincidentally is dating Kelly in real life (yeah, I know) said Punk might have a chance in this business if they bring back midget wrestling, then told him not to listen to all the marks on the Internet that put him over.

Source you ask?

It's from the figure 4 newsletter but i stole it from some guy on DVDVR.

Edited by DOB

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladiator
Funny I feel the same way about Punk. (Other than the can't get over that is, somehow he did.)

Of course a 5 star match with Samoa Joe means he has no talent. Oh Test has so much more talent than him, how many 5 star matches has Test had? Better question when has Test had a good match?

CM Punk is by far superior to anything Test has done and only someone blind or with a WWE wig on would say he isn't.

Edited by The Icon

I never said anything about Test being good, he's a bore. I said I agree with him saying Punk is equally boring.

Punk as boring as Test?:evil

How many Punk matches have you seen?

Guest Gladiator
Sorry I had to be sarcastic about Test in general but how is Punk a bore? His ROH work was amazing and despite WWE taking away the Pepsi Plunge he is far from being boring.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I like both men, but they offer completly things! CM Punk is a more techinally wrestler, where Test will just beat you up! I think though he was just being a Heel and a tad bit annoied!

If Test was in character, why did he use the term internet marks.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/PaulRog/PC240006.jpg

Edited by Rog

This has been totally taken out of context

Test was doing an IN CHARACTER promo. The fans chanted Punk, he said he might give Punk a chance if it was midget wrestling before ripping into the fans.

IN CHARACTER, that means he didn't break kayfabe. He's hardly going to turn around and say yeah Im a big nasty heel, but I love CM Punk, he's going to do so well, especially since my girlfriend who plays Mike Knox's girlfriend on tv is pretending to be in love with him..

Guest Slim Jim
Yes it was in character, but calling Big Show "Paul" about 6 times, follwed by talking about "marks" are things that shouldn't be done.

Guest HH-Evolution

I think the WWE just likes making Smarks Jump when they refer to those terms...XD

I personally think they may be trying to take the edge somewhat outta those with the Smark Attitude by levelling the playing field and handing the terminlogy out like Smarties to those who probably don't care anyway - such as the casual fan, or those who KNOW but still prefer to look at it in a more Kayfabe way.

I can't see how blurring the lines between the Reality and kayfabe are doing MUCH harm to them, since the WWE are apparently extremely good at keeping them seperate, despite the outward appearance.

You people do realise that this was an ECW press conferance right? And that even though this is a WWE owned and run franchise it still tries to stick to some of the values and practises used by Paulies ECW back in the day...

In those days when cutting a heel promo you cut to the bone, you where personal and you reference the net, the fans, the magazines, the journalists and the TV networks... You also broke the kayfabe laws of not not calling people by their names either...

They where working you and doing a rather good job if some of the reactions in this thread are too go by...

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity