Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

***Official ECW Weekly Show Discussion Thread - December 5th, 2006***

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

USA: Tuesday 5th December on The Sci Fi Channel at 10/9c

UK: Thursday 7th December on Sky Sports 3 at 11pm

On ECW on Sci Fi, Lashley made the biggest statement of his young career by holding his own against ECW World Champion Big Show in a non-title match. Lashley looked to have the Extreme Giant beat until the Private Security Force and Test mugged and battered the newcomer at Heyman's command. Would this be the momentum the champion needed as he marched towards the hellacious structure known as the Extreme Elimination Chamber this Sunday at December to Dismember?

With several other Extremists - Rob Van Dam, CM Punk, Sabu and Test - all entering the Chamber, what will the fallout be heading into next week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi? More importantly, who will bear the ECW World Title?

Catch the hardcore action this Sunday at December to Dismember as the ECW brand comes to pay-per-view for the first time since its rebirth. And, be sure to tune in to the fallout from the PPV, with ECW on Sky Sports 3 this Thursday at 11pm.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dalton Imperial

Big Show challenging Bobby Lashley for the ECW Title was announced on wwe.com.

On behalf of ECW, Paul Heyman invoked Big Show's rematch clause, so Bobby Lashley's first title defense will take place on Tuesday against the Big Show in a match where weapons are illegal. Sounds thrilling.

After last night, I am officially retiring from ECW viewing. I wish them a quick and painless demise. Big Show vs Lashley does indeed sound like torture.

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit: Powerwrestling.com

The taping opened with Matt Striker coming out, talking about injustices, using his loss to Balls Mahoney at the PPV and Big Show losing the ECW World championship due to the loss of a weapon last night as examples. Striker says that.ECW should be about extreme enforcement of the rules and that the audience is an injustice. Stirker says that only one man can forgive them for their trespasses, and that's him, Matt Striker. Sandman's music hits and he enters from the crowd. Striker screams at him, calling Sandman an injustice and tells him to get out of Striker's life. Sandman canes Striker and Striker runs off. Sandman poses.

Joey Styles and Tazz make their way to the ring.

They show a crying Paul Heyman backstage after December to Dismember on the Titantron - the promo where he announces Big Show will receive a rematch against Bobby Lashley for the ECW title. Heyman ends the promo with, "I'm done, thanks" and walks off.

Rob Van Dam and CM Punk vs Test and Hardcore Holly - Before the match, RVD grabs the mic and says that he knows what happened to Sabu was a result of Paul Heyman. RVD says that the match is dedicated to Sabu and both he and Punk do the Sabu pointing. The finish sees Punk trap Holly in the Anaconda Vice as Heyman's personal security comes out and interferes, causing a DQ. Sabu hits the ring with a chair and cleans house. Punk puts the Anaconda Vice on one of the security force. Van Dam hits a frog splash. Sabu hits a legdrop off the top.

Daivari comes out and challenges Tommy Dreamer. They show the footage of Dreamer taking the bump on the stage from the PPV. Dreamer comes out and they have a match, which Dreamer wins. Khali hits the ring and attacks Dreamer, chokeslamming him through a chair.

Backstage, Big Show promised that he would regain his ECW World championship. He claimed Lashley isn't really the champion because it took five men and the Extreme Elimination Chamber to defeat The Big Show. He promised that he'd once again be champion.

Kelly Kelly defeated Ariel with a rollup while Ariel was arguing with the referee. Mike Knox comes out dressed in a suit carrying roses. He gets into the ring and on his knees, begs for Kelly to forgive him. He says that he's sorry and she takes his hand. Knox then says he's sorry it took him so long to dump her, whacks her in the face with the roses and nails her with his finisher.

ECW champion Bobby Lashley pinned The Big Show. They needed to re-do the finish is appeared as Lashley tried to slam Show, but "kinda dropped him." The referee seemed hesitant to count the pinfall, and Show kicked up at two. They did a few quick moved, then went back to the slam spot, doing a pumphandle slam type move for the finish. Look for some editing.

Guest Dalton Imperial

So much for an RVD-Punk feud, but it is kind of is nice to see the three top stars aligned on the show. Of course, there's no one for them to feud with that has comparable pull, but that hasn't stopped WWE before.

After watching a terrible Raw, I think I'll watch ECW just so I can realize how good Raw is relative to ECW.

Not sure how RVD blaming Paul Heyman for the whole Sabu things fits into reports of both Heyman and RVD on their way out of ECW, but it still makes me think of it as an angle.

Now that the top heels on the show are long time WWE mid-carders, ECW is even more in trouble. I'm a Test fan, but even I would acknowledge that he isn't main event status.

Has Sandman been in a match since ECW restarted? Every week, all I read about is him singapore caning someone.

Edited by Dalton Imperial

Has Sandman been in a match since ECW restarted? Every week, all I read about is him singapore caning someone.
Yeah..he's fought Matt Striker and Mike Knox at least once each.

That show sounds decent actually. Chokeslam through chairs, Sabu going mental, RVD and Punk being showcased. It's like late '98 WCW, when the mid-card is what made it worth watching, as the main-event matches were usually sub-par.

I get the feeling this show is make-or-break for ECW. They need to rebound in a big way after that terrible PPV, and this show seems to go in the right direction.

Sandman's music hits and he enters from the crowd. Striker screams at him, calling Sandman an injustice and tells him to get out of Striker's life. Sandman canes Striker and Striker runs off. Sandman poses.

This happens every single friggin' week, and it's not fun anymore.

I've been wondering about this all day and i still find it confusing

Sabu gets left out, presumably as a result of his reported poor backstage attitude and Punk and RVD essentially don't make it as far inside the chamber as expected

Now on the 1st TV show after the PPV all three of them are made out to look extremely strong :?

Now, to me, this could be because of one or two things...

1) Heyman booked December to Dismember and WWE saw how badly it went down with the crowd so decided to make amends

2) WWE booked December to Dismember and saw how badly it went down with the crowd and have tried to make amends

Right now, i'm thinking the latter

Guest MastersGonads
I've been wondering about this all day and i still find it confusing

Sabu gets left out, presumably as a result of his reported poor backstage attitude and Punk and RVD essentially don't make it as far inside the chamber as expected

Now on the 1st TV show after the PPV all three of them are made out to look extremely strong :?

Now, to me, this could be because of one or two things...

1) Heyman booked December to Dismember and WWE saw how badly it went down with the crowd so decided to make amends

2) WWE booked December to Dismember and saw how badly it went down with the crowd and have tried to make amends

Right now, i'm thinking the latter

I think its option One...to be honest.....the whole PPV caused the WWE tons of problems....

Guest Mister LJ
Heyman has never put on a bad wrestling show to my knowledge. I'd expect you pro WWE marks to blame him for all of ECW's problems though. You people need to get your head out of Vince's ass!

Guest MastersGonads
Heyman has never put on a bad wrestling show to my knowledge. I'd expect you pro WWE marks to blame him for all of ECW's problems though. You people need to get your head out of Vince's ass!

Never put on a bad show??........So ECW folded because....?

The blame for D2D lies with alot of people including Vince....but Heyman wrote the show and had creative control....

The evidence is there for all to see...

Never put on a bad show??........So ECW folded because....?

OK, its hardly a secret that ECW folded due to Paul H being an awful buisnessman! NOT because of any poor shows, I mean I was hardly an uber ECW mark but even I know that the shows were better than the stuff that WWF was putting out at the time. We could go into how the network screwed ECW over for WWF, which was the death blow to ECW, but that would be pointless.

Popularity doesnt equate to how good a product is all the time dude.

The blame for D2D lies with alot of people including Vince....but Heyman wrote the show and had creative control....

But had to pass it through the writers and then through Vince, so it would have been changed.

Where? Youre first comment I quoted seems to show that you know nothing about what the old ECW, and so therefore Pauls booking, was like.

Guest MastersGonads

DS....you read that wrong....I was actually asking why ECW folded, hence the question mark... You know as well as others my knowledge of wrestling isnt great....I was genuinely interested aty the point made that Heyman had never put on a bad show, a day after D2D!!

As for D2D....As I said in my quote...the blame doesnt just lie with Heyman...

But as Heyman had creative control, the show would not have been changed by Vince....he simply would have approved it...

D2D was Heyman's PPV and my quote....

relates to how bad it was....

Although his release from what i understand, had nothing to do with the quality of the PPV.......

DS....you read that wrong....I was actually asking why ECW folded, hence the question mark... You know as well as others my knowledge of wrestling isnt great....I was genuinely interested aty the point made that Heyman had never put on a bad show, a day after D2D!!

My apologies, I thought you were posing a retorical question.

As for D2D....As I said in my quote...the blame doesnt just lie with Heyman...

But as Heyman had creative control, the show would not have been changed by Vince....he simply would have approved it...

You think that Vince wouldnt change things? Heyman put on so many excellent PPVs that to think he screwed this up all by himself seems.....unlikely to say the least.

Although his release from what i understand, had nothing to do with the quality of the PPV.......

Interesting. I know you cant post much, but any PMs would be welcome. :P

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity