Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Official TNA Turning Point Discussion Thread - December 10th, 2006***

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

USA: Sunday 10th December at 8/7c on PPV-LIVE

UK: Sunday 17th December at 8pm on The Wrestling Channel

Turning Point 2006 is an upcoming professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. It will take place on December 10, 2006 from the iMPACT! Zone (SoundStage 21 at Universal Orlando Resort) in Orlando, Florida. Promotional features for the event include Kurt Angle on it. The tagline for the event is "It's Damn Real."

Scheduled Matches

* Triple Threat match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Abyss (w/James Mitchell) © vs. Sting vs. Christian Cage

* Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Slim Jim

Other matches expected:

Eric Young vs Ms Brooks in a bikini contest (Dumb to the Xtreme hypocrasy, non?)

AMW vs LAX in flag match

AJ Styles vs Rhino

Chris Sabin vs Christopher Daniels

Jeff Jarret vs Norman Smiley #1 contendership

Guest Dalton Imperial

TNA's site is promoting the Sabin-Daniels Match for the X Division Title. Is the Double J-Norman Smiley match a joke? Norman Smiley, the guy who wrestled in WCW with Ralphus and did the Wiggle?

Dumb question: Can you buy a (live or not) webcast of Turning Point?

Guest Slim Jim

The Jarrett/Smiley match is an ongoing joke. I'm still hoping.

TNA used to have a webcast thing but they haven't being doing it for the last few shows so you'd need to find "other means".

Guest Dalton Imperial

All of Slim Jim's matches have been confirmed except for Smiley-Jarrett unfortunately.

In addition, Jerry Lynn will be the guest ref for the Daniels-Sabin match for the X-Division Title.

Other matches added this week include Lance Hoyt and Ron Killings vs. Serotonin and the Paparazzi Championship Series (a mockery of the embarassment that is the Bowl Championship Series), a 5-man elimination match with Alex Shelley, Sonjay Dutt, Austin Starr, Senshi, and Jay Lethal.

Not listed in the card is the epic Bikini contest featuring Eric Young.

From the TNA website:

THE COMPLETE CARD FOR “TURNING POINT” IS AS FOLLOWS:

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH – THREE-WAY BOUT

“The Monster” Abyss vs. Christian Cage vs. Sting

THE REMATCH

Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle vs. “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Special Referee: Jerry Lynn

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin

FLAG MATCH

The Latin American Exchange vs. America’s Most Wanted

“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The War Machine” Rhino

The Paparazzi Championship Series – Elimination Match

The Truth and Lance Hoyt vs. Serotonin

Looks like a pretty decent card to me, although I'm not liking the reports I'm reading about the way they are booking Angle over Joe in recent Impacts. Even though I'm a huge Angle mark, it just seems stupid to weaken the credibility of your hottest star by having him lose multiple times: it suggests, to the casual fan, that Joe was only good because he was facing "nobodies" in TNA, but against Big Boys from the WWE, he can't compete. Sadly, I won't be able to watch it unless I can find "other means", but at least it is nice to know all of the matches on a card. ;)

Match-wise, four of those matyches look like they'll be quality. It's just the booking that makes me not want to watch it. Gee, Lynn as referee... do I smell a Russo swerve? Angle/Joe.. well Joe has been made a bitch twice now. So unless he just absolutely annihilates Angle in a 30 second squash, I just don't give a toss about Joe anymore. Styles/Rhino should be good, but I can't buy Styles having the heel advantage over Rhino. Rhino should kill him.

You don't give a toss about Joe anymore because Angle sneaked a win on him?

Wow, there must be very few wrestlers you do care about.

Looks like a better card than Genesis really. I love Sting now, so I can't wait to see how it all goes down.

The card looks horrible, the only match i'll be truely interested in is the Main Event, all the other matches dont mean anything to me.

I take it you generally don't like decent wrestlers then? You know guys who can actually wrestle?

I mean the top 5 matches should all be pretty good. Sounds to me like more of a safe bet than any WWE PPV.

But as Drav said, the booking is the major issue.

But saying the card looks horrible? Just why?

Guest The Great Ahmar
I demand that Kurt V Samoa Joe go for over 30 minutes! Not bump us out like the last time! With the exception of The World Title match (Which I hope Abyss Wins) Not much interests me! Even 5150 themsleves!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH – THREE-WAY BOUT

This is the only match i really care about, I'd love to see Cage win it but for some reason i cant get the thought out of my head that Sting will walk away the champion, IMO Abyss wont be winning this match, should be the best match of the night.

THE REMATCH

I have no interest in this match, if Kurt ends this match early like he did the first time they'll be some pretty annoyed TNA fans although i doubt they'd admit it, i didnt see the first match for the same reason i dont want to see this match, i just...dont...care.

Im happy TNA finally found it in them to drag AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels apart for more than 5 Minutes, this match will be good, great even, but the ending is to obvious, Lynn screws Sabin.

FLAG MATCH

Not really interested in this match, AMW have grown old on me, LAX are little the shizzle so i'd like them to win, but i wont lose sleep if they dont, should be a good match.

like some of the other matches, i couldnt care less who wins, a few flips from AJ will automatically make in a 5 star match no doubt, not saying it wont be good, but it wont be as good as people think.

The Paparazzi Championship Series – Elimination Match

*Yawn*...

The Truth and Lance Hoyt vs. Serotonin

Again....*Yawn*...., Serotonin? why dont you just Fire Russo and call it the Flock for christ sakes?

Sounds to me like more of a safe bet than any WWE PPV.

How does it feel being a Hypocrite Jung?

Edited by Ryan

You don't give a toss about Joe anymore because Angle sneaked a win on him?

Wow, there must be very few wrestlers you do care about.

No, I don't care about wrestlers who just get used like crap. Joe has been booked horribly since Genesis, and in fairness, I'd started loosing interest in him since they had nowhere to go after the Steiner/Joe series. Were TNA anything like a company with initiative and intelligence, Joe would be their crown jewel right now, but boy have they cooled him off so bad.

The matches look good, for sure. It'll be an insanely better PPV than December 2 Dismember without a shadow of doubt. But the recent TNA booking has been worse than horrible. It's damn-near WWE level insulting to anyone who enjoys a good product. Russo just does not have a clue. Anyone who can screw up an Angle/Joe storyline is a moron. Vince Russo has gone far beyond that.

Im happy TNA finally found it in them to drag AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels apart for more than 5 Minutes, this match will be good, great even, but the ending is to obvious, Lynn screws Sabin.

Russo booking suggests Lynn screws Daniels. It both hotshots the title, gets Sabin over as a heel and includes the now infamous Russo Swerve~!

Mr. P you dont care about Joe vs Angle and you haven't seen the first match? Two of the greatest wrestlers on earth, wrestling for the first ever time, a real dream match, with a great build up. And you don't care? Are you a wrestling fan at all I wonder.

Guest Slim Jim
I'm sorry Mr P, but it's obvious that you don't care about the matches as you don't like/watch TNA, but to say it looks like a horrible card is just ridiculous to be honest.

Guest Slim Jim

THE REMATCH

FLAG MATCH

Are you telling me that none of those matches (other than the main event which you mentioned) have the potential to be very good?

And on the topic of being allowed to say what you think... I thought that you were wrong about the Yahoo thing being impressive, and I got an infraction warning... watsupwithdat?

Edited by Slim Jim

Are you telling me that none of those matches (other than the main event which you mentioned) have the potential to be very good?

And on the topic of being allowed to say what you think... I thought that you were wrong about the Yahoo thing being impressive, and I got an infraction warning... watsupwithdat?

No, im saying i have no interest in most of them, read what i thought of each match, almost all of them i said the match will be good, even great.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity