Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Hulk Hogan vs Jerry Lawler - April 27

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster
Memphis Wrestling will return to the Mid-South Coliseum after a two year absence for "Clash of Legends" with Jerry Lawler vs. Hulk Hogan. The date of the show has just been announced: April 27.

Lawler has a contract with WWE that allows him to wrestle dates outside of WWE. Hulk Hogan is also free to wrestle without Vince McMahon's permission as he is not under contract.

-Hulk Hogan is the promoter of the show, not Jerry Lawler or Memphis Wrestling.

-Hogan is interested in running a tour of live shows to "prove he can still draw," so that would indicate the falling out with Vince McMahon is really bothering him.

[Thanks to PWTorch.com]

I heard Hogan talking about running a tour overseas too, hopefully involving England.

I wonder if Lawler goes over. I wonder if they risk offering it on PPV. I wouldnt, personally.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mark2J
Very interesting news indeed. It would be pretty awesome if Hogan ran a tour in the UK. I for one would be in attendance, that is for sure.

Guest FreeSpirit
If Hogan ran a tour in the UK, he wouldn't get a penny out of me, but I'm sure a lot of wrestling fans would be interested, so it's probably a good idea.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Hulk Hogan has never beated Jerry Lawler... will be interesting to see if this match changes that little fact or not

'Hulk Hogan and the All-Stars'....

I could see this working - to a degree. If the Hulkster was to take this tour through Europe and booked it in small arenas (6000 max) I may go check it out. I mean he'd have to find some guys to join him, but I assume we'd see the usual bunch of Rick Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Knobbs, Disco Inferno etc...Maybe even Scott Hall (Damn, I'm not really selling this too well....)

Guest The Franchise
I heard Hogan talking about running a tour overseas too, hopefully involving England.

I wonder if Lawler goes over. I wonder if they risk offering it on PPV. I wouldnt, personally.

Do the word B-O-R-I-N-G mean anything to ya? Why would anyone wanna see that? They should've had this at Wrestlemania instead.:oops

Do the word B-O-R-I-N-G mean anything to ya? Why would anyone wanna see that?
Mainly because the majority of overseas fans won't have seen Hogan live. I know I'd be there if Hogan was on a show in the UK.

Guest The Beltster
Do the word B-O-R-I-N-G mean anything to ya? Why would anyone wanna see that? They should've had this at Wrestlemania instead.:oops
Who the hell are you to say what people do and do not want to see? As DC said, the vast majority of fans outside of the USA and Canada probably have never seen Hulk Hogan live and in person unless they travelled to North America to see him. He hasnt been to England in 14 years so I'm sure ALOT of people around the world would love to see him live. Believe it or not pal, Hulk Hogan is hugely over and popular and loads of people love the guy.

Guest The Beltster
I saw the Rock and Steve Austin tag up to face Angle and Rikishi....or it might have been a fatal fourway match I dont remember. It was the Rebellion PPV in Sheffield in 2000. Was cool to see them live seeing as they likely will never wrestle again.

This is Hogan though isn't it? The guy who has said he'd do pretty much everything under the wrestling sun but hasnt. Thus I'd expect his tour of the UK to be on the same week I see The Beatles reforming.

Guest The Beltster
This is Hogan though isn't it? The guy who has said he'd do pretty much everything under the wrestling sun but hasnt. Thus I'd expect his tour of the UK to be on the same week I see The Beatles reforming.
To be fair, he only mentioned it in passing and did say its something he would LIKE to do, not something that he IS doing. He went on to say he would have to get alot of things organised and sorted for it to ever happen and thats not even been discussed yet, so he has been honest about it.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

It's a dream match between two men who jumped from the AWA to the old WWF and were never given a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding but what did they do????......they became household names in the WWF/E and hall of famers.

As much as I bitch about Hogan I'll never deny he was a favourite of mine growing up because I believed in him and I also remember hating Jerry Lawler for wanting to end Bret Hart's career by setting Isaac Yankem on him!

Guest The Beltster

Damn, that promo Hogan cut on this weeks episode of Memphis Wrestling was oldschool, he was completely 1980's WMIV Trump Plaza style crazy Hogan!

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/chrisppage/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

They have moved the match to the 18,500 seat FedEx Forum, I think that might be a mistake. I'd expect 5,000 - 6,000 tickets to be sold when they go on sale next week, but booking such a big building for a match with no promotion is extremely risky.

Edited by The Beltster

Damn, that promo Hogan cut on this weeks episode of Memphis Wrestling was oldschool, he was completely 1980's WMIV Trump Plaza style crazy Hogan!

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/chrisppage/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

They have moved the match to the 18,500 seat FedEx Forum, I think that might be a mistake. I'd expect 5,000 - 6,000 tickets to be sold when they go on sale next week, but booking such a big building for a match with no promotion is extremely risky.

Your link was broken Beltey, so I've fixed it.