Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Official RAW Discussion Thread- April 9, 2007 from Bridgeport, CT

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

The first Raw after WrestleMania saw Shawn Michaels eliminate his partner John Cena in a Tag Team Battle Royal, The Hardys crowned new World Tag Team Champions and ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley continue his dominance against all who dare to face him in the ring.

Also last week, third-generation Superstar Randy Orton confronted Shawn Michaels backstage. Later in the night, it was announced that on the next Raw, Orton will face Michaels for a chance to compete for the WWE Championship. A match featuring The Legend Killer and The Showstopper in the same ring will no doubt be thrilling for WWE fans; who will prevail?

Fan favorite Mick Foley announced that on Raw next week, he will continue his charity work by making a special Make-A-Wish announcement. WWE Superstars pride themselves in reaching out to help their communities and inspire WWE fans with what they do in the ring, as well as what they do for their fellow man. What will the Hardcore Legend’s announcement reveal?

WWE.com has also learned that Edge will host a special edition of The Cutting Edge tonight on Raw. His guest will be none other than WWE Champion John Cena.

Find out this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network!

Conf. Matches/Events

Shane McMahon To Make A "Major Impact"

Mick Foley's Make-A-Wish Suprise

The Cutting Edge with Guest: John Cena

#1 Contender's Match for WWE Title:

Randy Orton Vs. Shawn Michaels

Well, I would like to think that it's relatively obvious that Edge will interfere in the Orton/Michaels match, setting up a Fatal 4-Way (or some other type of 4-Way match) at Backlash.

As far as Foley's Make-A-Wish Surprise, I imagine it will be that Foley will be the new RAW General Manager (which he has been pushing for lately) or something regarding it.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MastersGonads
It's always good to expoilt children and charities to get a wrestling angle over.

And did you know WWE employees can have a regular amount of there income donated monthly to Make a Wish Foundation....not everything is so cynical Dave...

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
So Orton vs HBK for a number 1 contender spot, should be interesting to see how many interfere in this one i'm guessing Edge at least (like TPIB suggested)

Something else that seems to give away Edge being in the main event is the fact that he's on the Backlash poster (solely).

It's always good to expoilt children and charities to get a wrestling angle over.
And did you know WWE employees can have a regular amount of there income donated monthly to Make a Wish Foundation....not everything is so cynical Dave...

Not to mention Trump and McMahon donated their WrestleMania paychecks (or whatever) to charity. They seem to keep that kind of stuff under the table, though and it seems to get overlooked sometimes. However, I see your point, Rebel, but WWE isn't above exploitation for an angle (obviously speaking about Eddie Guerrero).

Guest Jimmy Redman

One assumes he will make some announcement about charity, and then be interrupted by Blah, beatdown ensues, angle to follow.

Wasnt he going to be the new ECW GM?

Guest Slim Jim
Something else that seems to give away Edge being in the main event is the fact that he's on the Backlash poster (solely).

Poster doesn't always mean main event. See the One Night Stand poster for an example. That being said it is likely that Edge will get himself in there if he isn't still injured.

What angle are they trying to get over? he's simply making an announcement.

I would say Jimmy is on the money. They don't always exploit these kinds of things, but most of the time they do. That being said I kind of hope Foley gets something to do anyway rather than just an announcement.

Guest MastersGonads
I reckon it will be a fatal fourway....for Raw and Batista against Taker on the Smackdown side of things....

It's called Public Relations

Any big business in the public eye does it

So yes, extremely cheap shot

Guest MastersGonads
Hardly shocking news.

Did I call it exclusive? Only my opinion on the forthcoming PPV thats all....

OK, I have deleted all the off topic crap and moaning. If you have a problem with how a mod does something then either report it to a 'higher up' (ie global or Kam) or bring it up in the feedback forum. No need to clutter up a thread about the Raw showing.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I dunno what he could be doing tonight. A Debut maybe, A Return? But I'm not getting my hopes up.