Fan Clubs

Which console will have the best exclusive games?

Guest Jack

I was looking at the games list on both the PS3 and 360 (I won't inculde the Wii, as Nintendo are doing their own thing with that) and, to me, there isn't much on the 360 which really would interest me.

On the 360, Halo, which most people love, was something I just never got into. Obviously it's a great game, but not one I'd actually buy. Dead Or Alive was fairly decent a few years ago, and their exclusive, but it's been ages since I've played one, so I don't know how good they are now. Gears Of War is supposedly excellent, but I hate that type of game personally. I believe that is going to stay exclusive for a while.Project Gotham Racing is class.

And for the PS3, it's not a game I'd play myself, but Castlevania was highly rated, wasn't it? That's exclusive to the PS3. I'm looking forward to what can be done with driver. The series always had potential, but didn't come close to being fulfilled. Hopefully they can sort that out. Not a fan in the slightest, but Final Fantasy is certainly PS3 only for the near future. Isn't God Of War highly rated too? The immense Gran Turismo is back on PlayStation soon. the graphics on that are...amazing. Killzone is a Halo-like game, but apparently nowhere near as good. I've played it, and didn't think it was good, but you never know. It has potential. Metal Gear is back. From the videos, this looks awesome. I've only completed two of the series, but can't wait for this game. Never played Silent Hill, but that seems to be highly rated too. Tekken has been in a rut for a while now. hopefully being on a different console will give it a boost, as it was a great game. Finally, I liked Time Crisis, so hopefully they can do something good there.

Feel free to add any others. Which console has the best games for you?

PS3. I'm all for Gran Turismo, and God of War I & II are easily two of the greatest games of all time, and the PS3 edition will just be even better.
What is God Of War about? If it's realistic, like Persian's, Roman's etc, I'm all over it, but if it's mythology...not so much. It'd have to be damn good to get me interested, if it isn't based on reality.

That's pretty much why I chose PS3. I can't stand all these unrealistic, third person shooters. Awful games, in my opinion. They make me dizzy, I hate the storylines, the weapons etc. - Just hate them, generally. Sadly, it seems to be Microsoft's specialty.

Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid (Not exactly the most realistic, but it's greatness covers that), SOCOM (Which I forgot to list) are all some of my favourite games. I think PlayStation cater more to the type of gamer I am, so I have to choose them.

Guest Andrew

Exclusives are a rare thing these days with only the real exclusives coming from in studio companies for example Halo 3 is from Bungie which is part of Microsoft Studios.

I can put my hand up and tell people I am an XBOX guy because I do love what the console offers but at the same time I like the look of Sony's Exclusives, I love the look of God of War and will more than likely buy both those games when I get a PS3. Gran Turismo as a whole doesn't interest me as much as say Project Gotham does on XBOX which I love neither does Tekken which is a PS3 Exclusive for now, I'm more of a Virtua Fighter guy and have been since the days of the Saturn so I was ripping when that was announced as a PS3 exclusive many moons ago but luckly that is coming to 360 as well now. If it hadn't that would have been another reason for me to get a PS3.

Most of Playstations exclusives are appearing on other consoles which is great for us the consumer as it gives us less of a reason to own more than one console because there is no reason for us to have two if you can get these great games on both.

At the moment though I think XBOX has the better "exclusives" mainly because it has more of them.

Halo 3

Gears of war

Project Gotham Racing

Dead Rising

Lost Planet

Splinter Cell 5 (Exclusive to 360 at time of writing)

Then you think of the exclusives Playstation once had but are now multi console...

Smackdown! vs. Raw

Devil May Cry

Metal Gear Solid (Just a rumour but you can expect it to be appear)

Virtua Fighter

Guitar Hero

I'm sure there's more as well...

I think the difference between them though is that Playstation is aimed more at a wider audience and is less hardcore than XBOX, I'll admit that games like Songstar and Buzz are great exclusives and sell a hell of a lot of units along with Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear. It's all down to choice and opinion at the end of the day..

My opinion XBOX 360 and Halo all the way...... along with Gears of War :p :D

Guest Dave7g

I think the Box is your best bet as an all rounder.

Halo 3

Gears of war

Project Gotham Racing

Dead Rising

Lost Planet

These are all lovely and all, but GTA4 is out on the Box first remember.

Also if Shenmue 3 makes it, it's a lock for 360.

Guest Walshy
Doesn't the XBOX have the exclusive rights to FIFA Football from next season?

Its Pro Evo, the next two pes titles will be exclusive to the 360.

As for some of the PS3 exclusives, its only Gran Turismo that I'm interested in and that is not likely to be out until 2009, maybe even as far off as 2010! By then Microsoft could of developed a similar game for the 360, how many people would wait for Gran Turismo if they could get the same thing for the 360?

Its Pro Evo, the next two pes titles will be exclusive to the 360.

As for some of the PS3 exclusives, its only Gran Turismo that I'm interested in and that is not likely to be out until 2009, maybe even as far off as 2010! By then Microsoft could of developed a similar game for the 360, how many people would wait for Gran Turismo if they could get the same thing for the 360?

People have been trying since '97 so mimmick Gran Turismo, and no one has gotten close.

Polyphony Digital are the real deal. Forza is Microsofts answer to Gran Turismo 4, and they're not in the same league.

Forza has damage and visual customization. Gran Turismo has the most realistic driving experience on a console, 700 cars, and 19 real tracks, along with twenty made up ones.

The reason Gran Turismo takes so long to come out is because they're perfectionist. GT5 will be online, and most likely include damage (but it won't be in the game unless it's as perfect as it can be).

No one has been able to touch GT, and no one will be until they're ready to dedicate as much time and effort into it as PD do.

EDIT: Also, the odd numbered games have been the lesser of the series, because they've been experimentations on a new medium. Gran Turismo, the first game and PD's first development on Playstation, and Gran Turismo 3, their first on PS2. GT5 should hit shelves by '08, with 6, the game that will truly put the PS3 at it's best, years after that.

Edited by Fidel Cashflow

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Tekken hit a rut with the 4th game in the series but no way can that be said about the brilliant 5th in the series which aside from expanding the roster and improving the graphics and storylines also featured the first three PS1 titles and a Jin bonus game.

Plus character customisation was a good feature although on PS3 and 360 I'd expect a much deeper version with possible transferring of your photo to put on the game for a custom fighter,maybe choose an occupation and an ally/enemy in the game to vary up your story for story mode.

Pro Evolution isn't going to be a 360 exclusive. For some reason, probably to boost sales, Microsoft said it would be exclusive, which Konami deny.

I'd agree with Spiral on Gran Turismo again. There is nothing that comes close. I think Project Gotham is a fantastic games, but if I rated GT 10/10, I'd probably give that about 6/10. Despite it being quality, there is a really big difference between the two. I'd say Gran Turismo is the greatest game of all-time, personally. Pretty much depends on what genre you like, but has a game ever been perfected, like GT is? I don't think so.

Guest big pau hoolinator
Pro Evo 6 was a 'next gen' exclusive in that the only next gen console it appeared on was the 360, mainly because the PS3 wasn't even out and it was a baaaaaad game with missing features anyway

I'm going for the PS3 personally, I love my PS2 and play it daily. I think there is no need for the PS3 yet personally, the PS2 has loads of life in it still. I think the God Of Was series is probably the best Video Game series of all time, on any format, I am not too bothered if FIFA goes 360 exclusive as it sucks compared to pro evo, although both games are guilty of changing nothing worthy in about 5 years.

FIFA 2000 and FIFA 2007 are almost the same game, someone needs to tell EA we have had 7 years inbetween, that usually makes room for improvement.

Pro Evo 6 was a 'next gen' exclusive in that the only next gen console it appeared on was the 360, mainly because the PS3 wasn't even out and it was a baaaaaad game with missing features anyway

No way PES6 was a bad game.

Guest Clarkey

At this point you have the console war truly neck-and-neck for the first time in over ten years, with each console maker desperately scrabbling for exclusives (and paying through the teeth for them, I suspect).

The problem is for developers. With no clear leader in the console wars yet (likely to be better determined this christmas), they are scared to death of releasing exclusives to any one console. Sony can no longer hold its huge install base over their heads the way they did with the

PS2. And the Wii and 360 still haven't established a strong enough base to command exclusives apart from the huge games like Gears of War, Halo 3, Red Steel (guaranteed sellers, and heavily subsidized by MS and Nintendo) and smaller in-house games.

2007 should be an interesting year. I, for one, hope it stays neck-and-neck. It benefits the consumer when you don't have one clear leader out there. With companies such as Capcom announcing they are heading multi-format, with their main biggie the next Devil May Cry heading also to the 360 now, it can only benefit the consumer as they do not lose out through spending their dosh on the wrong console. Square Enix have even hinted that Final Fantasy is not a given to just appear on the PS3 exclusively, and the most likely scenario is that Final Fantasy XII Versus will be released on the 360 also.

But going onto topic, I think overall the 360 will probably win out on exclusives compared to the PS3, at least in my own personal tastes anyways. Setting up the Games For Windows side, and having Live for Windows has meant that MS have been able to nab the vast majority of PC titles for the 360 as well, such as Bioshock. Plus their purchases are more alluring to me, such as Alan Wake, more original franchises arising rather than the stalwarts Sony are banking their future on (Gran Turismo as mentioned, MGS 4 which will probably head to the 360 at some point anyways, their platformers like Rachet and Clank). I'm not at all saying that MS are not banking on sequels too, with Halo being their banker for this year and possible sequels to the likes of Gears, but they seem to have enough unique franchises in their pocket. Rare returning to form with Viva Pinata can only aid that.

I would Sony concentrated on bringing more unique aspects to their console along the lines of Little Big Planet, and LocoRoco, as they have so many talented studio's on board to provide these unique charming franchises to make them stand apart from the rest of the market. Like I said MS, while obviously not having studio's with that quirky charm because they are American quite simply, they are looking at financing new properties. Basically, I'd like Sony to take some inspiration from Ninty, as MS with the 360 seem to have the other bases already covered, resulting in the same old, same old when Sony tread the same footsteps.

The XBOX 360 is probably the best for price and gaming.

Halo 3,Gears of war,Project Gotham Racing,Dead Rising,Lost Planet,Saints Row,PES 6,All the FIFA'S,Smackdown Vs Raw 2007.etc.

That would be my choice.

Guest big pau hoolinator
No way PES6 was a bad game.

For the XBOX 360 you couldnt run past people and the attacker always was outpaced for example Shaun Wright Philips vs Hyypia even with a 10 yard headstart Hyypia would catch him

Also the shot system was stupid you tap it and itd go in low you hit it a little harder and its in row z

Also lack of features, a pathetic edit mode, barely any stadiums, out of date teams and the fact it is far too easy to score from corners