Fan Clubs

Treasure Island Dizzy

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

Does anybody remember this? I loved this game, along with the rest of the Dizzy series it was a staple of my game-playing childhood, just a really fun set of games (for the most part. Fast Food Dizzy was horrible).

Anyways, I was just looking around online and found that Codemasters have the full game available for free download on their website, so I downloaded it and will have a play on it later, awesome stuff.

Here is the link for anybody who remembers the games and wants to download it: http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/index.php?downloadid=17413

And remember the cheats, I dont know if they work on this version but typing eggs on legs allows you to walk under water without the snorkel and typing i can fly allows you to..........fly! (Never!). I remember typing that as a kid over and over on my ZX Spectrum +2 :lol

I don't remember what Dizzy game I played, but it was set in mines and a mining town mostly as well as a fortress / castly type of thing. I played it on the Megadrive or possible Master System. It was great.

Edit, thinking about it, had to be Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy / Fantastic Dizzy.

Edited by The Icon

Guest Dave7g
Fantastic Dizzy was on the Megadrive alright, it's still worth playing if you like the Dizzy series. I'll give this a go later, but I'm sure I have the SUPERIOR C64 version somewhere (assuming the link is for Speccy).

I was reading about the Dizzy games on Wikipedia the other day, and apparently the Oliver twins are open (and even eager) to release another game.

The Oliver twins and Codemasters who both own 50% of the intellectual property have expressed interest in resurrecting the series, although the twins concede;

... if he were ever to make another appearance it would have to be something special ... he would have to compete with the likes of Jak and Daxter and Ratchet & Clank - and those types of games require big budgets and many months of development. If there's a publisher willing to commit to that kind of investment, though, then they can definitely count us in.

The Oliver twins's software company, Blitz Games (with the permission of Codemasters) have experimented with their artists to demonstrate what the Dizzy series might look and feel like if revisited and produced a one minute video clip with an online petition to see if there was consumer interest. As of 2005, the online petition has gone down.

The creators have also expressed interest in re-releasing the existing titles to handheld platforms such as mobile phones.

Here is a link to some footage of what a future game may look like, and a disclaimer to go with it.

This is test artwork produced by Blitz Games to see how Dizzy would make the move to a brand new 3D world. This isn't preliminary work for a new game and there isn't a Dizzy game currently in production but if you'd like to give Dizzy any feedback on his new look then email him here: Dizzy@BlitzGames.com. If you want to join the petition to bring him back properly then please visit our petition. The Dizzy copyright is split evenly between Codemasters and The Oliver Twins and we'd like to thank Codemasters for allowing us to show you this new artwork."

Guest Dave7g
I was reading about the Dizzy games on Wikipedia the other day, and apparently the Oliver twins are open (and even eager) to release another game.

Here is a link to some footage of what a future game may look like, and a disclaimer to go with it.

It looks pretty, but that aint no in game footage. I would definetly play a next-gen Dizzy, a Mario64 style game would work easily for ol' Diz.

Guest MojoPogo
I loved the Dizzy games, but the Seymour games were even better! Does anyone remember Seymour at the Movies? Complete with LOGICAL puzzles!!!

Guest MojoPogo
Roland in the Caves or Roland on the Ropes was where it was at.

And I was never a huge Dizzy fan, I always liked Magic Knight more ;)

Dude, i KNEW there was a reason i liked you. Apart from the Gophers....Roland on the Ropes kicked absolute ass.....:worship