Fan Clubs

Who wants Monkey Island 1 & 2, Day of the Tentacle, Sam n Max etc?

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

ok here is the deal, after reading about them being re-released the other day I got to thinking, and decided to see if I could download them and get them to work on Windows XP.

I found a cool loading program called Scumm and downloaded Monkey Island 1 & 2, Day of the Tentacle and am currently downloading Sam n Max, Indiana Jones, Simon the Sourcerer and some others. Downloading them took a while and they were scattered all over the place, so it took a few weeks but it was well worth it!

The two Monkey Island games and Day of the Tentacle work PERFECTLY. Sound is perfect, video, gameplay, speed...everything, its all spot on perfect. Sam n Max and the others I'm currently downloading *should* work, I dont see why they wouldnt.

I know there are other fans of these games on this site, so I'm going to burn all the games plus the loading program on to DVD and offer them (free of charge) to anybody who wants a copy.

Just let me know here if there is any interest and then shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send them out, I've had a complete blast re-playing these awesome games and I'm sure others would love to re-live them, and also this way saves you a bit of cash so its all good right?

"I'm going to milk every drop of blood from your body!" "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"

:lol

Guest The Beltster
They are backups, so as long as you have the game as an original then they are legal, and of course seeing as I'm not making any money off of this and only providing backups to my friends as a favour, there is no legal issue :)

Guest The Beltster
If anybody wants this thing shut, do so of course. If not, like I said, anybody who wants a copy, PM me with your details.

I've been using the Scumm games for ages. All the lucasfilm games work as far as I know. But I have the complete Monkey Island collection on PC format anyway :D

Guest The Beltster
I've been using the Scumm games for ages. All the lucasfilm games work as far as I know. But I have the complete Monkey Island collection on PC format anyway :D
I'd never heard of the Scumm emulator before, its f'n awesome! I finished Day of the Tentacle from start to finish in about 3 hours last night, lol, great great game!

Fingers crossed Sam n Max works as I havent played that in about a decade and I'm looking forward to it.

Guest Dave7g

Scumm has been around for a long time, there's even a SCUMM version for Dreamcast, and it works perfectly fine. Most of these games are actually completely fine and legal to download, due to a loop in the copyright/distribution deal at the time. It's if they aren't producing these games for sale in shops etc. they're yours!

Chech the Underdogs.org for more of these classics.

Got mine today, Cheers BeltMark!

EDIT: How do I load the games up? I got Moneky Island 1 to work, but there was no sound.

Edited by Reno

Guest The Beltster

Ah your welcome guys, nice one!

King Reno, you should just open up Scumm and add the game you want and play it, it should work without having to tweak any settings, I've never had to change anything on mine it just played fine from the start, sorry I cant help more than that bro.

Small note - If you're a bit stupid like me, and try to open Bin files in Scumm... And then find out it doesn't work.... Google DaemonTools(I think), then you can run games without having to burn the bin files to another CD... Or if like me, you use a Mac, get Toast Titanium. That's what I advise anyway. :)