Fan Clubs

Official Backlash Discussion Thread - 29th April 2007

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

UK: Sky Sports 1 at 1am-LIVE

USA: PPV at 8/7c-LIVE ($39.95)

WWE Backlash 2007 will take place on Sunday 29th April 2007 from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. Promotional items for the event feature Edge[/Quote]

Matches:

*WWE Championship - Fatal Fourway Match:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels

*ECW World Championship - Handicap Match:

ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga, Shane McMahon, and Vince McMahon (with Armando Alejandro Estrada)

*World Heavyweight Championship - Last Man Standing Match:

World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker vs. Batista

*WWE Women's Championship:

WWE Women's Champion Melina vs. Mickie James

*World Tag Team Championship:

World Tag Team Champions The Hardys (Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy) vs. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch[/Quote]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I'm betting there will be atleast 1 more gimmick match before it starts too

I think 2 vs 1 handicap Kane vs Regal and Taylor will be added and probably Deuce N' Domino vs Londrick in a No DQ match

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I wouldn't count them as gimmick matches. Only the Last Man Standing.

They are not normal matches though now are they, so what are they if not gimmick matches?

Guest Slim Jim
Well Dave was referring to people's jumping on TNA's back for having a bazillion crazy gimmicks on one card (at least that's what I presume he's referring to). A Fatal Four Way is just a regular match with 4 people. Handicap is a little different but it's still standard rules.

It's kinda hard to have an all-cage PPV and not have a gimmick match. And the Backlash card only has one gimmick match on it. The others are normal rules involving more than two people. Unless you want to start adding tag matches and three-ways into the mix as gimmick matches.

A gimmick match is one where there is a gimmick to the rules. Table matches, ladder matches, cage matches, etc are gimmick matches. Normal 3- and 4-way matches are not gimmick matches, unless you go by the premise that all matches are gimmick matches. A singles match has the gimmick of one-on-one, that kind of thing.

Guest Marc McCann
A gimmick match is one where there is a gimmick to the rules. Table matches, ladder matches, cage matches, etc are gimmick matches. Normal 3- and 4-way matches are not gimmick matches, unless you go by the premise that all matches are gimmick matches. A singles match has the gimmick of one-on-one, that kind of thing.

bang on! a fatal fourway is not a gimmick match whatsoever!

Guest Slim Jim

They'd be foolish to not add it to the card after their last two matches.

It would mean a show packed with title matches though.

Guest Jimmy Redman
They'd be foolish to not add it to the card after their last two matches.

It would mean a show packed with title matches though.

For a nice change :P

Guest Kanenite
Quite looking forward to seeing Backlash, i'm sure it will be better than last years dire show. But i'm eager to know what else they'll add, all Title matches seems really odd as at a WWE event it hardly happens so I expect a few other matches to be thrown on.

Guest The Great Ahmar
As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, General Manager Theodore Long is treating WWE fans to a golden encounter between United States Champion Chris Benoit and Montel Vontavious Porter.

For months, MVP has tried to support his claim as being the most talented acquisition in SmackDown history by securing Benoit's U.S. gold. The two clashed on the "Grandest Stage of Them All" at WrestleMania 23 and following Benoit's victory, Porter continued to pursue his goal. Over the course of several weeks, MVP inserted himself into the champion's matches, costing Benoit victories and serving as a "most voracious pain" in the Rabid Wolverine's backside. The rivalry culminated just weeks ago when Porter used the ring ropes as leverage to snare a tainted victory over Benoit.

The Rabid Wolverine will have the opportunity to sink his claws into the brash upstart and redeem himself for the controversial loss at the hands of his Backlash challenger. Will the bedazzled Porter emerge from the Philips Arena with more bling than usual in the form of the Wolverine's title? If the technical veteran Benoit has anything to say about it, it won't be a night of "ballin'" for MVP - it'll be a night full of tappin

Credit: Double Double E.com

Guest FreeSpirit
I cant remember if this has been advertised already on WWE programming folks, but the encore showing of Backlash is Tuesday 1st May on Sky Sports 3 at 9pm :xyx

WWE incorporating all brands into future PPVs is a simplistic but masterful decision. Backlash is actually shaping up to be a much better PPV now than it could possibly have been if only RAW was represented. I have high hopes for the main event. Cena/HBK on RAW set it up wonderfully and I'm sure this Fatal-4-Way will deliver.

A couple of other nice bouts on the card too. Benoit/MVP again, Batista/Taker Last Man Standing. Good stuff!