Fan Clubs

Top Ten Favourite Wrestling Videogames

Kam

Guest Dave7g
It's good stuff! I'm interested to see what your top 5 are then I can see whether you are right! AKI actually developed WCW Revenge and WCW World Tour. They are just translations of the VPW engines. Asmik were the translation team I believe.

Guest Clarkey
Always happy to be corrected, and glad you enjoyed it. I'm planning on doing a 'Worst Wrestling Games' one in the near future, as this went well with the contributions. Be a nice filler until SD hits and we get a nice influx of wrestling game news.

Guest Dave7g

Well, the Simpsons will hold the worst championship, followed by WCW Nitro I would imagine.

Actually, thinking about it now, it was EA that had a WCW game in the works for PS2 until WWE bought out WCW. The WCW game eventually became Def Jam Vendetta.

Edited by Dave7g

Guest Dave7g
Most excellent work Clarkey, although I wouldn't have put the management sims in at all since I don't have the patience for them. No sign of Giant Gram either? That was seriously great times. Fire Pro D at number 1 is probably true but I've hardly played since It's in Japanese, although I really have nothing to do today so I might dig it out. Did you not think Final Fire Pro on the GBA was better? I did, can't wait for the worst of list!

Guest Clarkey
I'll be honest in that I haven't really had the pleasure of getting to grips with Giant Gram, but know it does come highly recommended. Got a good mention on the readers vote thanks to the former Mr Antihero. On the Fire Pro front, I went with D really just to be a tad different and to show my Dreamcast bias. But to be honest, the numbering of the top ten itself, mostly the top five was the proverbial toss of the coin and whatever seemed to fit nicely.

• 3 weeks later...
I forgot to vote:(

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 at number 2? Come on! That game is way too broken to get so high.

I think it's the whole "what's freshest in the mind" situation. TBH, that game wouldn't even make my top 10. Not saying it's a bad game, just that there has been better.

As for my fave wrestling game, it's a toss-up between No Mercy on the N64 or the AJPW game that appeared on the Sega Saturn. The game was only available on import, but it was brilliant.

Look at the names listed on the side of the CD case. That is a wrestling roster.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1790/ajpw1ae2.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9753/alljapanprowrestlingbxy1.jpg

Checking for these pics, I need to ask Dave...is this also known as Giant Gram?

Guest Dave7g

It could be Giant Gram 1, there was Giant Gram 2000 on Dreamcast but it looks a lot different. I'm sure thats it though, although it could be a predecessor of Toukon Road on N64 which looks like that, it was also a distant cousin of Powermove Pro Wrestling on Playstation.

Interesting looking game though, one I havent played.

Gis a lend.

EDIT: Yeah it's Giant Gram alright, it'sgot the Virtua Fighter boys in it just like Giant Gram 2000.

Edited by Dave7g