Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Official RAW Discussion Thread- April 30, 2007 from Nashville, TN

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

24 hours after Backlash rocked Atlanta, Raw rolls into Nashville, Tenn., to take the "Music City" by storm tonight.

Rated-RKO will explode tonight, as Edge will meet former tag team partner Randy Orton in singles action. Both men were unable to unseat John Cena last night in the Fatal Four Way Match; which man will prove to be the dominant member of the team tonight?

In that Fatal Four Way Match last night, Cena successfully retained his WWE Championship against Edge, Orton and Shawn Michaels. Will someone new step up to challenge The Champ in Music City?

Also last night, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon shocked the world by pinning Bobby Lashley to become the new ECW World Champion. Following the match, Rob Van Dam had some choice words about Mr. McMahon's victory in a WWE.com exclusive video.

WWE.com learned late this afternoon that the Chairman was upset with RVD's words, and as punishment, he has called the ECW Original to Raw to face the Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga. Will RVD be able to survive the wrath of Umaga & Mr. McMahon?

Find out all this and more on RAW, tonight at 9/8 CT on USA.

Conf. Matches/Events

Edge Vs. Randy Orton

Umaga Vs. Rob Van Dam

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scotty2Hotty
looking forward to raw tonight! should be interesting to see whats next for HBK and Cena, plus good old Vinny Mac ECW champ, I think its awesome!

Wow look at all the confirmed matches. This preview tells exactly nothing at all, it's just a backlash wrap up.

all RAW previews after PPV's are wrap ups, so stop being a whiny bitch :)

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Expect a nice long Vince promo tonight i'll say 15+ mins with lots of look backs at how he won the ECW title then expect Lashley to come and demand a rematch taking up another 10+ mins then expect Vince to make a match with Lashley vs Umaga and take 10+ mins to do that

Expect Cena to cut a 'Champ is still here' promo lasting 7 mins then HBK to come out and cut a 'I am still the better man' promo lasting 5 mins then Edge will come out and cut a 'I was robbed' promo lasting 1 min as he will get cut off by Orton with a 'I should be champ' promo lasting 2 mins

So thats 50 mins taken up leaving (without ads) another 33ish mins for all the other fallout from Backlash and a match or 2

Guest Dave7g
WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon shocked the world by pinning ECW’s Bobby Lashley to become the new ECW World Champion at Backlash. Will Mr. McMahon make an appearance in Nashville? Will Umaga and Shane McMahon be in attendance? Now that he has ECW gold, will Mr. McMahon continue to push Bobby Lashley?

Just thought I'd correct that error by WWE.com.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Surely it would be better if they kept the Vince/Lashley fall-out for ECW TV.

That would be the logical thing to do, but ECW doesn't have the same number of views as Raw and Vince will want to gloat on the big stage not the lowest rated show

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
True and besides Lashley is more a Raw guy now then ECW with the amount of time he has spent on Raw compared to ECW recently

Well, speaking of RAW, ECW, and Confirmed Matches- WWE.com has confirmed two matches for RAW- Edge Vs. Randy Orton and Umaga Vs. Rob Van Dam (RVD facing Umaga is the punishment by Vince due to RVD's comments after Backlash, which I typed out and posted in the Backlash thread).

Guest Drake
Say what you want about Orton being a ***** backstage, but when the ******* wants to put a show he does. Edge and Orton just put a tremendous match. Even though Orton jobbed (Surprised?), he came out looking like a thousand bucks. Great, exciting match.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Should have known HBK vs Cena 3 wasnt gonna happen tonight.

MY guess is that they're saving that for Judgement Day.

Guest Drake
I was expecting that the mystery person was going to be someone interesting, but NOOOO. We get Khali. :?