Fan Clubs

The return of the worlds longest cigarette break

Guest Al Stevens

Guest Al Stevens
The Following Comes From ActorsAccess.com (registration required):

We are casting the 4th annual WWE Diva Search!

The WWE Divas Brand is currently up to new and exciting things - The Divas are frequently appearing in music videos (see the new Timbaland video), TV shows (Smallville, Extreme Makeover, Home Edition, and more...), doing tributes to the troops (just went to Iraq). We are building all kinds of cutting edge, new opportunities to help build the Divas brand.

No wrestling experience or aspirations to wrestle necessary. One lucky woman will be awarded a one year WWE talent contract worth $250,000. In addition, WWE is always looking for a variety of women to fill other positions on our 3 shows, Monday Night 'Raw', Friday Night 'Smackdown' and ECW. WWE is not just looking for one girl. We're looking for several!

A WWE DIVA is a fun, fearless girl who is beautiful, physically fit, athletic, comfortable with her body, has a sparkling personality and a great presence about her. This is the 4th annual Diva Search... Past and present Divas include: Stacey Keibler, Layla El (2006 Diva Search Winner), Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Trish Stratus and Ashley Massaro (currently on April 07 Playboy cover)...

Casting Directors: Kristin Prouty, Jane Livshin, Lindsay Colip

Interview Dates: Beginning week of 5/4 and ending 7/16

Shoot/Start Date: July 18, 19, 20th are finals

Pay Rate: winner takes $250,000/1 year contract

Taken from PW Headlines.

Meh i thought they dropped this piece of crap after last year

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

God not another pointless 'diva' search that will produce yet another bunch of stupid bimbo's with no value to anyone or anything within WWE except the horny wrestler who can chase them, bang them and then move on to the next one

WWE doesn't need more women its needs more wrestlers to be made into main event stars!

Guest The Great Ahmar

Nothing good has ever come of the winner! I mean Christy Hemme, sucks in the ring and was and still is pretty worthless and cost $250,000. Ashley sucks in the ring again and boring, adds nothing to anything she does with his extremely fake boobies and costs $250,000. Layla god awful in the ring and apart of the worst dance group in history and costs $250,000. I seriously don't know why they run these competitions.

The people who loses always get hired. Maria, super sexy and quite funny interviewer. Candice, one of the better women's wrestlers, well she tries bless her and has shown a eagerness to learn. Michelle McCool, sexyness and was a half decent manager.

Guest MastersGonads
Say adios to the good Raws of late. So utterly crap beyond any reason.

I haver a feeling the Diva Search will be held on Smackdown

Guest Al Stevens
Put on ECW, it's a perfect place for complete nonsense.

Or just dont put it on at all and actually save all three Rosters the pain and suffering

Guest Jack
God not another pointless 'diva' search that will produce yet another bunch of stupid bimbo's with no value to anyone or anything within WWE except the horny wrestler who can chase them, bang them and then move on to the next one
The divas draw money. When have you seen a wrestler in the mainstream recently? Last time I remember it was Federline (And he was apparently useless too). However, I could pick up a lads mag and find divas splashed all over the place.

Wrestling is in a slump right now, and the only people who have constant mainstream attraction are the divas. Fact. That's why they are around.

WWE doesn't need more women its needs more wrestlers to be made into main event stars!
I must have missed all those 'Mania's headlined by women then.

I seriously don't know why they run these competitions.

Why shouldn't they? They give Vince so much mainstream attention and draw money.

You mentioned good wrestling. Since when has that ever drawn any money alone? I guarentee whoever wins this competition will make more money than someone like Samoa Joe ever will. 100% guarenteed. Nobody cares about how good a wrestling match is, apart from the hardcore fans.

The only diva I like is Candice. However, it's obvious why they run these competitions. If you don't like it, don't watch. Simple.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
The divas draw money. When have you seen a wrestler in the mainstream recently? Last time I remember it was Federline (And he was apparently useless too). However, I could pick up a lads mag and find divas splashed all over the place.

No Diva's don't make money just because one of them is in a Playboy once a year does not mean they make money, and ratings go down when Diva's come on TV quarterly hour ratings breakdowns prove this so they are not a draw either

Wrestling is in a slump right now, and the only people who have constant mainstream attraction are the divas. Fact. That's why they are around.

Them having mainstreat attention which they have little of, means nothing if they are not pulling in views, selling merchendise or selling PPV's where the money comes from

That makes no sence at all re-read what I said and you'll find I said they need to make more main event stars NOT more women

Guest Jung

Why shouldn't they? They give Vince so much mainstream attention and draw money.

You mentioned good wrestling. Since when has that ever drawn any money alone? I guarentee whoever wins this competition will make more money than someone like Samoa Joe ever will. 100% guarenteed. Nobody cares about how good a wrestling match is, apart from the hardcore fans.

The only diva I like is Candice. However, it's obvious why they run these competitions. If you don't like it, don't watch. Simple.

I agree with the mainstream attention. But they do not draw money. Nobody bought WrestleMania to see a Mickie James match.

I don't think it will draw money, simply because the ratings dont always spike when its diva search. If it did, then clear signs it does. However the ratings blip as much for that as it does a Matt Hardy match. Of course they get media attention, they are pretty scantily clad women.

I think the whole thing is fine, but what does it actually add to wrestling? It doesn't make people want to watch it, just see hot women. Thus I don't really get it. Thus you can't say it helps wrestling draw, cause it doesn't really. Its got nothing to do with wrestling, and doesn't really affect it. Thus its pretty harmless, but on a WRESTLING show, takes time away from what your actually trying to sell.

Guest Jack
No Diva's don't make money just because one of them is in a Playboy once a year does not mean they make money, and ratings go down when Diva's come on TV quarterly hour ratings breakdowns prove this so they are not a draw either
It's nothing like just one PlayBoy cover per year. The divas are all over most things men like. Seriously, I used to buy a ton of PS2 mags. Every year they came out, you wouldn't get the men there, you'd get the divas. I know that's just one small example, but it's not hard to see how popular they are in the mainstream. hell, even on the internet where wrestling is popular, type "WWE" into Google and look at the images. Pages of the women. They are the biggest mainstream attraction the company has, without any doubt.

And I actually thought ratings went up. I remember a topic on here about them rising for the divas and going back down again when they went off. I'm sure someone else remembers and will back that up.

Them having mainstreat attention which they have little of, means nothing if they are not pulling in views, selling merchendise or selling PPV's where the money comes from
All the divas are is an advertisement to get peopleto actually watch the shows. They aren't the ones who keep the fans. They get their attention in the first place, and let Cena, Batista, The Undertaker etc. keep them watching.

That makes no sence at all re-read what I said and you'll find I said they need to make more main event stars NOT more women

You're right, my apologies.

Guest Jung
And I actually thought ratings went up. I remember a topic on here about them rising for the divas and going back down again when they went off. I'm sure someone else remembers and will back that up.

All the divas are is an advertisement to get peopleto actually watch the shows. They aren't the ones who keep the fans. They get their attention in the first place, and let Cena, Batista, The Undertaker etc. keep them watching.

You actually believe that though?

I mean if you watch a certain naughty film about say mountain hikers, you then go "man I must really find out more about mountain hiking and try and watch more shows". Surely if you turn on to wrestling to watch women, you watch the women, and then turn off once its over. I don't get the idea that you'll be attracted to wrestling for no reason, just cause you wanted to see women.

I've got many mates who would watch them strip, but they wouldn't watch Cena v HBK, thus why would they keep it on?

Plus as you said, ratings went up and then back down again with the divas, thus surely it means they provide absolutely nothing for the overall product?

Guest Danny Styles

not this rubbish all again,

WWE are idiots if they keep pushing it, look what the diva search has given us

Maria- clueless and a pretty awful interviewer

Ashley- crap all around

Christy- pretty hopeless, ok talker

Layla- part of a lame repetative dance routine on ECW

Michelle McCool- clueless and crap

Guest Scotty2Hotty
i think part of his point is that people who wouldn't normally give wrestling a go or even the time of day will take a look at these woman and think, hey i might check this out, after the woman are gone yeh there is a chance some people will switch over but then again others might stick around and see what the fuss is about! therefore more wrestling fans could be born!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
i think part of his point is that people who wouldn't normally give wrestling a go or even the time of day will take a look at these woman and think, hey i might check this out, after the woman are gone yeh there is a chance some people will switch over but then again others might stick around and see what the fuss is about! therefore more wrestling fans could be born!

Rating don't show that happening though, after the first 3 ratings are still around the same as they always are the first 3 Diva searches have not produced a continual or sustained rise in ratings so that argument doesn't work

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity