Fan Clubs

WWE announces no more 'sex' in wrestling

The Icon

From WO.

Say goodbye to the days of “slutty” WWE Divas, at least for now.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has adopted a new policy to present its female performers in a classier light.

While the Divas’ sex appeal will not be completely downplayed, the company will present women in a more professional light. An image consultant was hired to advise the women on how to “look classy and not come across as slutty on television,” the Observer said.

In addition to hiring new stylists, WWE provided the women with less revealing outfits.

Also WWE divas will be expected to wrestle more and appear in other segments less.

The new policy is likely part of a plan to appeal to mainstream advertisers.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is the matter with them? Are they TRYING to make their already good product better or something?

You would think so. Damn those unpredictable people in charge of WWE, that they would try and make a good product better.

Guest The Phenom Billz
Well....i suppose its a change for the better. The woman's division needs to improve rapidly since the days of Trish, Chyna and Lita but its a great idea..however it won't make me watch more WWE divas unfortunately.

Guest Kanenite
Good news, the women in the WWE are hot and all but if I really wanted women exposed I could surf the net or jump to the 900 channels. I'm pleased to see that they're focusing more on proper matches, still I wouldn't mind some flesh, just don't stick them in a bodysuit when wrestling :P

Guest Jung

You mean having women in wrestling, with actually something to do?

This is a revelation, a new era that could finally.....hold on what? Sensational who? Nineteen eighty what?......Oh its been around for years.

Well done for WWE remembering. All we need now is for them to remember wrestling wasn't born with a General Manager and reality can be restored.

Guest R.BrandLegend
Dreadfull news they are trying to push to reach the mainstream I seriously hate the way the product is going. No one can take risks in the ring, ie Piledrivers and now no Divas :?

Guest Dazoggsta
So will the 'no interest in actually wrestling needed' for the Diva Search applicants still apply?

Guest FreeSpirit
They are going to put more clothes on the sexy Divas, oh for goodness sake this is terrible news :(

Guest Laffy
The only match I have liked this year was Trish's retirement match and the after match segment with crimetime when Lita left.

Guest Danny Styles

maybe no more extreme expose!!! (good thing!)

good stuff for the WWE, but it still doesn't change the fact that over 50% of their women suck in the ring

Dreadfull news they are trying to push to reach the mainstream I seriously hate the way the product is going. No one can take risks in the ring, ie Piledrivers and now no Divas :?

There was a piledriver on ECW TV last week.

Guest Christof
Could see this one coming. After sitting in a Belgian bar off Kingsway with MG, Telf and BRM discussing the Chinese TV contract that's coming in and the changes the Chinese wanted this was bound to happen.

Guest R.BrandLegend

There was a piledriver on ECW TV last week.

didn't see it to be homest, but my point is the shows are getting more about generic wrestling bouts than entertainment.