Fan Clubs

Best Game Ever

Guest Laffy

Guest Laffy

What is your Best Ever Game for me it was Star Craft I played this from when i was doing my Alevels all the way through Uni it was great. Beating my friends or on my own the most fun I have ever had.

In the distant future a small group of human exiles have been doomed to fight for survival on the edge of the galaxy. Through military strength, espionage and deceit, a unified Terran government has maintained an uneasy peace. As resources run short, however, these Confederate nations find themselves looking towards the rich worlds of their alien neighbors, the enigmatic Protoss. To further complicate matters, it seems that a previously unknown and deadly species known only as the Zerg has entered Protoss space and is destroying everything in its path. The time for war has come...

As the military leader for your species, you must gather the resources you need to train and expand your forces and lead them to victory. 30 unique missions will challenge you across three different campaigns as you control the fate of the galaxy.

What is your best ever game and why.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
Streets of Rage 2. Just ahead of Final Fantasy 7. I love beat em ups more than any other genre, and as far as scrollers go, there are none better. FF7 is just legendary in all respects.

Guest Reno

World of Warcraft. It consumes your soul.

Metal Gear Solid, legendary gaming right there.

Pokémon, while you lot may laugh ,the game is decent and fun to play too.

Guest The Great Ahmar
For me its between two GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. There the only games I can still now just go back and start again and really enjoy and get into. If I had to choose I'd probably go for Vice City, it links to my favortie film (Scarface) and has the Lance Vance Dance line in it

I would go back in time and say Renegade, SoR2, Shinobi (arcade), Elite and Max Payne 2 are all in with a shout. But I would need to give it to Panzer Dragoon Saga, the reason I'm looking for a second-hand Saturn at the moment.

Guest Al Stevens

i think the best game(s) ever has to be

Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Legend of Zelda: A link to the past

SoR 2 (mega drive)

Metal Gear Soild 1 and 2 (PS and PS2)

Guest Gooneronastick
World of Warcraft. It consumes your soul.

No question. Can be all consuming. The amount of hours I've lost to this game is huge. I'm as addicted to this game as I can be without having an actual addiction.

X-Wing vs TIE Fighter (PC) - Best Stars War game ever, I love it more then KoTR I or II and also more then the Lego Star Wars Series

Football Manager (PC) - Take Champ Man's base, move to Sega, add more features and a better layout and then you have this mammoth all consuming game series

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES) & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (n64) - Simply the best two adventure/RPG games of all time on any console. They knock Final Fantasy on its arse for me.

Brian Lara Cricket (MegaDrive) - Love Cricket, love this game, it is the best cricket game ever for me.

P.E.S. 6 (PSP) - Best football game series out their with it's latest and greatest installment and now in handy glorious hand held form

Guest DarkMatchJobber
For me its between two GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. There the only games I can still now just go back and start again and really enjoy and get into. If I had to choose I'd probably go for Vice City, it links to my favortie film (Scarface) and has the Lance Vance Dance line in it

Don't forget the other great line in Vice City.... " Nice badge officer,nice badge "

followed by " real smooth Lance... "

Guest Clarkey

My choice for this changes all the time, and I'm sure I've replied to a thread similar to this in past, so I will most likely hypocritically name different favourites now to what I did then.

Most of the ones I would have raised have deservedly been named already, like FF7, Mario Kart and the Shenmue series. Just so many to name, and too tough to narrow down. I've always been a Sega fan boy from my youth and then that encapsulated with the release of the Saturn and the Dreamcast, so the likes of NiGHTs, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia etc all score highly for me. Chrono Trigger warrants a mention, great RPG.

The point and click adventure games aren't getting enough love thus far, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and Broken Sword deserve mentions. I just literally could be here all day, too many choose. Maybe it is better to ask in a rigid format to make easier, perhaps; Best Adventure, Best RPG, Best FPS etc.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Theres too many but ill say my favourite is Super Metroid on the SNES also special mention to Mortal Kombat series, Pro evo series, International Superstar soccer on the SNES, Silent Hill 1 on PSOne, all Mariokarts and probably a load of other ones I cant think of right now.

Guest Okonkwo

I've taken all previous posts into consideration and here is the definitive list.

Fifa International Soccer

Fifa '95

ISS Pro Evolution

ISS Pro Evolution 2

Grand Theft Auto 3

WWF No Mercy

Streets of Rage 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 2