Fan Clubs

One Night Stand 2007 Thread

Guest mrkennedy

Guest mrkennedy
One Night Stand has so much potential too be amazing but I think it will be a letdown only because of all the injuries and the simple fact that anything ECW these days turns to ashes.mr kennedy...........kennedy:tban

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Danny Styles

i don't know i could see the whole posting your name thing at the end catching on

Danny Styles.........Styles

maybe not

Guest Reno

ONS might be alright, I'll wait until later to see if I want to go to my sisters to watch it.

King Reno... RENO.

(couldn't help it, sorry. ;))

Guest FreeSpirit

I'm glad that One Night Stand is taking a whole new direction. The first two years was great having at The Hammerstein Ballroom, but the current ECW product really isnt suitable for that venue anymore, and needed to evolve.

I am looking forward to all the Extreme Rules matches, and happy the event is free on Sky Sports 1. :xyx

Guest MastersGonads
it would have been hilarious watching the smarks crap all over it at the Hammerstein though!

Audience members crapping on wrestlers now that is extreme...!!

MastersGonad.....................Gonad

Guest Chriscare

The hammerstein ballroom was the best thing about the One Night Standsb IMO.

With that hot ECW crowd taken away aswell the fact that it looks like it just gonna be a PPV full of gimmick matches, and WWE isn't all that interesting right now, i'm dissaopinted by it.

ONS was always WWE's alternative to WWE, now its just another PPV

ONS was always WWE's alternative to WWE, now its just another PPV
You're saying that WWE was its own alternative?

The first ONS was basically an ECW PPV funded and overseen by WWE, but booked (for the most part) by Paul Heyman. It was a parting gift for the lotal ECW fans, and I honestly believe that was all it was meant to be. But it did the one thing the old ECW never did; it made money. This set in motion the idea for Vince to do something to make more money.

ONS2 was a WWE show that had elements of what ECW matches were like. I fear this year's will not be anything like those shows.

Guest Dave7g
The last 2 shows were so great becausethey were so different, and the fans were a HUGE part of it. Withought Hammerstein fans and basically what appears to be a Judgement day remix, it won't be anything close to what it used to be.

Guest Slim Jim
Last years One Night Stand was what the WWE version of ECW should have been like. This year it's a WWE PPV, they've made that clear. The ECW announcers haven't even said it's "ECW style" or made any reference to it being previously an ECW PPV or anything other than a WWE PPV.

The last 2 shows were so great becausethey were so different, and the fans were a HUGE part of it. Withought Hammerstein fans and basically what appears to be a Judgement day remix, it won't be anything close to what it used to be.
I don't think it's so much the Hammerstein itself, as the "ECW spirit" was never confined to one building. I agree that the atmosphere added to the PPV, which is why I still want WWE to run a TV show or PPV from the old arena.

Guest Laffy
It could be good as it is all apparently extreame rules, although nothing is going to beat the greatness of ONS 2005 wish i had recorded it on the night to get sandmans entrance.