Fan Clubs

X-BOX Live - why are people so damn annoying?

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

I have to post this, was watching J play Xbox live on the Halo 3 beta, and two random americans on the same team just start swearing and go out of their way to annoy everybody else. It's so stupid, it really annoyed us and in the end we had to turn off the sound, which we don't usually do cos sometimes its cool to hear people actually enjoying themselves on the game.

Same thing applies to people who sing during the black loading screen. Why the hell do people do that? It's so annoying and we usually just set out to kill them first. Stupid people.

Anybody else encountered these types of nobbers on xbox live?

Guest Nicole
Some people should be banned from playing on consoles, and especially on playing on live. Most of them are cocky, but end up being a little bit rubbish, which is fun when they are constantly getting killed.

Guest Nicole
There was alot of that going on, on Halo 3 last night, at one point we were the only people left on a team of 8 because we'd gone behind in the last round. It just spoils the game for everybody else.

Guest frednut
I enjoy a good war of words over xbox live every now again but the majority of random people are c***'s who get kicks out of being racist. V.O.I.P. does funny things to people in america.

Guest Anime Otaku
The ones that annoy me the most are the squeaky voiced 12 year olds that whine when they get killed or the people in Chromehounds that give you bad rep for being unsporting because you kicked them about.

Guest ahsatan
Broad statement much?

In Luke's defence, he's not entirely serious, I've been playing Live with Luke pretty much since launch and we have met some lovely Americans. It is a sad fact, however, FACT, that most of the agressive, rude, and totally disruptive players that you come across happen to be Americans.

The amount of times I have been abused for being "British" is too high to count. A lot of the Americans that I have met on Live seem to be suffering hugely from xenophobia. Add to that fact that I'm female and you have a recipe for disaster. I think I have only met one random person from any other country who thought it was ok to use sexually agressive terms when talking to me, wheras I get it from Americans on Live all the time.

Guest Reno

Same thing applies to people who sing during the black loading screen. Why the hell do people do that? It's so annoying and we usually just set out to kill them first. Stupid people.

Sorry. :lol

Guest Anime Otaku
I don't mind the goofing about during loading or in the lobby but during a team game it really is annoying when you have to scream repeatedly for backup but you are drowned out by some idiot singing the A-team theme, I left a Chromehounds squad for that reason. Which leads to my other pet peeve, team killers, thats what happened next time I saw the leader of the above squad and told him why I left. Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Reno
I don't mind the goofing about during loading or in the lobby but during a team game it really is annoying when you have to scream repeatedly for backup but you are drowned out by some idiot singing the A-team theme, I left a Chromehounds squad for that reason.

I only sing in-game when I feel it is needed. In the lobby it's alot of fun, like when Sparrow started singing "Hello" and some american joined in too.

Good times.

Guest Sparrow
When I was bored of COD or Halo2 I can't remember what game it was, I started to goof around pretending to be Arnold Schwarzenegger (A good impression) and I think this yank was getting annoyed 'If your so strong punch your x box, punch your tv!' I did not really know what to make of that lol.

Guest Nicole
Why do you feel the need to try and do impressions though? Concentrate on the game or something!! Same with singing, I don't care if its on the loading screen, its god damn awful. I get such awful Xbox rage cos of it.