Fan Clubs

TEW

Guest Chriscare

Guest Chriscare

Anyone play the latest TEW game since the T-zone mod pack has been released.

If so hows it going for you?

I started with TNA and have been playing for just over a year now, I've gone up in overness pretty consistantly but have yet to hit C+ overness in the US.

I've got two TV shows, TNA Impact (1 hour) and TNA showsdown (90 minute). I wanna start a brand split, but need to get to the next level when i'm big enough to start offering people written contracts.

Here's a brief history of TNA in my game

Pushed Austin Starr to the moon, he became world champion, but the WWE nabbed him, so i jobbed him out lots in has last week. They also nabbed Christian Cage around the same time.

Kurt Angle feuded with debuting Tank Abbott for a number of months with some excellent matches.

Brought in Masshiro Chono and Yoshiro Taijiri as a heel Tag team, they eventually went their seperate ways, with Chono winning the World title a few times and taijiri doing nothing.

After accidently jobbing out newly signed Dustin Rhodes, i turned him heel and with Sean O'haire and a turning sting they formed the NEW nWo, however the writers lost this storyline just after Sting captured the title, so i jibbed it off.

A-train came in as part of a monster heel group with Tomoko and matt Morgan and Nash as manager. Tomko and Morgan were tag champs, but now do nothing, Train is a 3 time world champion, however he turned on Nash, and hired Jim Cornette as his manager after losing the belt to Rhino, Nash alligned himself with Rhino, then left due to contract expirey

Rhino has been the top baby face for about 6 months, winning the title numberous times through feuds with Train and Sting. He just recently turned heel on Kurt Angle.

BG james turned on Kip james, but then creative had nothing for them, so kip james turned and tey reunited about 2 weeks later.

Chris Hero won the Iron Fist tourniment and is now the top heel in the company, he's managed by cheerleader melissa.

Samoa joe and Homicide have been feuding for about a year cos they have ace matches. I can't seem to get either man over

Apolo as been goldberged into the main event, he's currently on win number 52 and is set to take on Train for the world title, once train wins it in a 3 way from Rhino.

Oh yea, and i spent loads of money bringing in the best women wrestlers from around the world, the fans got angry during the first match, cos apparently they dont like womens wrestling, so i sacked most, the rest became managers. Trish is managing some jobber group.

i couldn't find anything for Jarrett to do for ages, then his contract ran out and he wanted creative control, he's now unemployed.

My future plans to take over the wrestling industry consist of:

1. Get overness up, by continuing to show only main eventers each week, not thinking about the future at all.

2. Hire The Rock, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and HBk, who are currently all available.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I hate this game. Its just now, well fun in my eyes. Its all too much in detail on the little things that are worthless and the roster alligement of Main Event and such is really annoying.

I created my own puro fed, PureFC, which consisted most of Zero-1 and AJPW heavyweights, Dragon Gate for cruiserweights.

Kojima was my first champ, held the belt for six months until Hogan took it from him. Hogan defended it against Minoru Suzuki, Nakajima, and Omori before falling to Lesnar.

Nakajima, outside of the soon to be leaving Hogan and champ Lesnar, is the most over guy in the company, and will be the champ within the next year or so. He's been my Junior Heavyweight champ this entire time, having great matches with Susumo Yokosuka, Jack Evans, Dragon Kid, and Matt Sydal.

Guest Chriscare
I hate this game. Its just now, well fun in my eyes. Its all too much in detail on the little things that are worthless and the roster alligement of Main Event and such is really annoying.

It is what it is, a semi realistic booking simulator. (semi cos of the fact that if i wanted i can put on the same matches everyweek and the fans will still love it and cos there has to be no consistancy in the angles)

the problem is it can get realy boring and repetative, but if you think about it, if you were booking for WWE, and you did 3 months worth of booking in about 5 hours, it would get pretty boring

Guest Chriscare
you can download the demo at greydogsoftware.com you get a months worth of play with that. It costs about 17 quid for the full version, i should warn you though, talking about is more fun than it actually is

Guest Chriscare

it's worth trying the demo and seeing if you like it. It's alot more in depth with way more features than EWR and looks alot prettier.

Just be aware that if you don't have fun playing the demo, don't think you will by having a longer game

Guest Clarkey
I prefer playing with the Cornellverse personally, but that's more due to liking using similar guys in both WreSpi and TEW. I personally don't think it gets anymore boring and anal than the latest edition of Football Manager, it's just because of peoples long attachment to the Football Manager/Champ Manager series they are willing to let it off some of it's faults. Plus the affinity to football.

Guest Wolverine

Very true, I've actually just went back to playing the '06 version of Football Manager, because I really can't stand '07.

Anyway, I downloaded the demo of TEW2007 a while back, but the game is too big for my screen. I can't see half the buttons. Which is a pity, because from what I can actually see of the game, it looks fun.

Guest Reno
Downloaded the demo and the T-zone mod. It's fun if you like to be REALLY in-depth, I guess. I'll play a tiny bit more later on, I think.

Guest Chriscare
I prefer playing with the Cornellverse personally, but that's more due to liking using similar guys in both WreSpi and TEW. I personally don't think it gets anymore boring and anal than the latest edition of Football Manager, it's just because of peoples long attachment to the Football Manager/Champ Manager series they are willing to let it off some of it's faults. Plus the affinity to football.

i dunno, i'm much more a wrestling fan than i am a football fan, but Footbal manager is a way better game.

At least in football manager somethings always happening. With TEW you can play through 6 months and not feel like you're really getting anywhere. The main fun of Football manager is competition, you don't really get much of the in TEW until you've finally got someone else up to WWE's level, and that just takes way too long. Which is realistic, but it's not all that fun. I think TEW's realism is it's main problem as a fun game. Plus booking a show is so tedious, and for some reason they still havent created a faster, less detailed way of doing it. And especially when it doesnt require consistancy and the angles to the game can be irrelevant to anything. Even if you try use your imagination and pretend that is does matter, you find halfway through most of the storylines there's something that put in wrong, which really bring you back down to reality.

Plus football manager has the lows or relegation and the highs of winning a trophy. TEW really doesn't have the pleasure and pain to it

Guest Cathal
I just downloaded the game from that site but can't start a game with any real feds or any real wrestlers,does any one know why?

"Once you find the TESTMOD folder you will want to copy and paste the files from the mod you downloaded into this folder. It is ok to overwrite everything as it is just a blank database."

Got this help on installing the mod off bobinc.com but im having troible locating my folder for my new database. i created one, closed the program, but i have no idea where to find it! Any suggestions?

Sorry for bugging everyone with it by the way! im useless at things like this!

I still dont know how to install my real world mod onto TEW, could anyone tell me how please, ive created a blank database, i just cant find it outside in my files, i dont know where it saves to. If anyone could help it would be great